• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Anyone here with Iranian nationality completed the AOS successfully?
I know one person from Iran who got his green card through AOS. He never bothered himself to update here or the spreadsheet after getting so much help from here for his process but he told me he got it without problem.

Did the caller leave their name?

Contact USCIS, request to speak with a Tier 2 officer and explain the call you got. Ask the Tier 2 officer if they’re able to see the missing in your case file. Request an INFOPASS appointment to enable you submit the missing document in person.

If the missing document turns out to be the medical exam, reach out to your CS to see if they can issue a copy of your previous medical exam. If it gets issued, be aware of the possibility of IO rejecting that copy though as it could be considered no longer valid. So you (your husband) may have to redo the exam after all.

Thank you Mom! They called again and said that what was missing were some copies of the i508. They sent the letter, so we are expecting it to know exactly what is wrong. We did submit a 508 and it was on our file, could it be they need more than one copy? We hate to be wasting time with this, as we did have copies of everything, but weren't asked for them at the interview! Do you think it will help if we take the forms ourselves to the FO instead of sending them through the mail?
We also spoke with a Tier 2 officer, but he wasn't very helpful, said to wait for the letter. Hopefully this would be the last step back before the greencard! It really has been a looong process for us

Congratulations on your interview!! Damo’s idea is prudent: seeing if another medical report form may be signed, packed and sealed for USCIS’s use is the most proactive step, especially since the officer wasn’t sure the form you handed to her would be accepted, it is likely the medical form copy didn’t satisfy the supervisor; so please try to do this(if not possible to see the initial Dr. today, I think tomorrow is ok too, other members and moderators can comment on this). In addition to this step, my advice concerns the process to hand-deliver the new medical report form in person to the Baltimore FO: this specific FO(since April 1 2019) has been incredibly difficult to enter or get word inside(no matter the reason of your visit) without an infopass or interview appointment. In light of this, id strongly suggest calling the USCIS 1(800) number to try to schedule an infopass(most likely through a tier-2 officer. You can explain the issue at hand and therefore the need for an appointment very soon. This will help you take care of 2 issues at the FO:

1) get you through the entrance security without too many questions, if any;

2) once inside, ask to speak with the interview IO or the supervisor in charge of DV cases, so as to make sure you hand the new form over to the person who will make a decision on your case (and most likely the same person who called your husband in the first place after your interview).

Please also get them to sign a document that confirms they received it(God forbid the new medical form is not appropriately filed with the rest of your application because of an error; just imagine if you simply leave the new medical envelope to security at the entrance(because that’s as far as one can go with infopass) and don’t hear from the FO for while, only for the FO to call again in August and September saying they’re still waiting on your response with a new medical form!).

I think an infopass will ensure a timely solution but more importantly you’ll get to speak with the officer(or supervisor, as it appears from your description of the interview that this IO is reporting to someone else higher up) face to face and not only hand in the new form but also get to ask whether they’re now satisfied with your file overall (and also asking about background check status, and other questions etc. just to make sure they have everything) and who knows, they may even approve you on the spot when you bring the new medical form.
Keep us posted of how it goes, and God speed!

This is a great idea! We will probably do it, both the infopass and the signing a confirmation that they received it. Yes, as you say, they are not doing things great in the FO (I just posted that they needed a copy of the i508 but failed to ask for it in the interview!). I think it will be a good idea to take both the copies and the medical,just in case they realize after that they also needed a new medical.
Thanks!

Thank you Mom! They called again and said that what was missing were some copies of the i508. They sent the letter, so we are expecting it to know exactly what is wrong. We did submit a 508 and it was on our file, could it be they need more than one copy? We hate to be wasting time with this, as we did have copies of everything, but weren't asked for them at the interview! Do you think it will help if we take the forms ourselves to the FO instead of sending them through the mail?
We also spoke with a Tier 2 officer, but he wasn't very helpful, said to wait for the letter. Hopefully this would be the last step back before the greencard! It really has been a looong process for us

You can try take the document in AFTER you’ve received the RFI (in addition to mailing the requested document) - assuming you can get an INFOPASS appointment to do so. Yes you have to wait for the letter at this point to see precisely what they need. Don’t mail in any other document that hasn’t been requested.

This is a great idea! We will probably do it, both the infopass and the signing a confirmation that they received it. Yes, as you say, they are not doing things great in the FO (I just posted that they needed a copy of the i508 but failed to ask for it in the interview!). I think it will be a good idea to take both the copies and the medical,just in case they realize after that they also needed a new medical.
Thanks!
Do you mean it is better to take a NEW medical that is newly signed and SEALED envelope from the surgeon?

@Sm1smom I have already included my medicals in a sealed envelope along with my package, but now I am thinking that once i receive my IL, i will ask my surgeon to sign a new one and give me a new sealed envelope again so that I can take it with me at the interview and have it ready - just in case they don't have it on my file for some reason - Do you think it is a good idea to do that? Maybe that's odd, but I am thinking that losing some extra few hundreds of dollar and be prepared now, is better than losing the whole thing! What do you think?

Thanks

Do you mean it is better to take a NEW medical that is newly signed and SEALED envelope from the surgeon?

@Sm1smom I have already included my medicals in a sealed envelope along with my package, but now I am thinking that once i receive my IL, i will ask my surgeon to sign a new one and give me a new sealed envelope again so that I can take it with me at the interview and have it ready - just in case they don't have it on my file for some reason - Do you think it is a good idea to do that? Maybe that's odd, but I am thinking that losing some extra few hundreds of dollar and be prepared now, is better than losing the whole thing! What do you think?

Thanks
Although my surgeon has already given me copies of my medical that i submitted with my package, but not sure if they will accept it at the interview - if they needed one.

Thanks

Yes I think it’s odd and I don’t think there’s a need for that, but it’s your case. Do whatever you consider necessary.

You can try take the document in AFTER you’ve received the RFI (in addition to mailing the requested document) - assuming you can get an INFOPASS appointment to do so. Yes you have to wait for the letter at this point to see precisely what they need. Don’t mail in any other document that hasn’t been requested.

Thanks, I'll try to get an infopass ASAP and wait and see what is needed.
I'll keep you all posted, thanks for the replies!

Hi Mom,

I’m done with my bio on the 12th. I just called KCC to see if USCIS has requested my file. KCC said they never requested my file and I should call USCIS and ask them to request my file from KCC. And further said it will never happen unless I asked USCIS to do so. I never knew this. What do you suggest?

Hi Mom,

I’m done with my bio on the 12th. I just called KCC to see if USCIS has requested my file. KCC said they never requested my file and I should call USCIS and ask them to request my file from KCC. And further said it will never happen unless I asked USCIS to do so. I never knew this. What do you suggest?
If you are Detroit office they will request it.
I called KCC and the told me they have requested themselves.

Hi Mom,

You can’t ask USCIS to request your KCC file. - KCC agents do not understand AOS process, so they keep providing inaccurate information over the phone. Your FO will request the file on their own - this could be before or after your interview. Of course it’s better if the file is requested prior to interview in order to make the approval process faster and smoother. The only thing you can do is to ask your IO at the end of your interview if your KCC file has been requested and if he/she has all the information they need in order to adjudicate your petition.

If you are Detroit office they will request it.
I called KCC and the told me they have requested themselves.
Hi Tinaina,

Did the Detroit FO request your file from KCC before or after you completed your BIO?

If they requested your file after you did your Bio, then could you please tell us after how many days they requested it from your Bio date?

That would give both @Lak8 and I some sort of basis to estimate our process.

Thanks

Hi Tinaina,

Did the Detroit FO request your file from KCC before or after you completed your BIO?

If they requested your file after you did your Bio, then could you please tell us after how many days they requested it from your Bio date?

That would give both @Lak8 and I some sort of basis to estimate our process.

Thanks
They requested 4 months after my bio but before my interview.
I wouldn't read that much into it.

They requested 4 months after my bio but before my interview.
I wouldn't read that much into it.
Right, we shouldn't count on this. Yours is a special case i guess because even your IL took 120 days. So if build on that then I will never get IL.

Hope they will expedite on the recent cases as we are approaching the end of the 2019 FY. Fingers crossed.

And here I am, still waiting for my bio letter haha
I hope I won't miss this opportunity on a mail man's whims

I suggest you call USCIS again and this time request they fax you both the NOA (unless you already got that) and your bio notice. At this point, I will be calling USCIS everyday if I was in your shoes.

You're right and it probably can't hurt my case (I don't think it can at least)
I will call them on Monday (too late to reach a Tier 2 today :/).
I did not want to push it this week as the Tier 2 officer clearly told me to wait 2 more weeks.

I don't have the NOA either, no

Last edited:
You're right and it probably can't hurt my case (I don't think it can at least)
I will call them on Monday (too late to reach a Tier 2 today :/).
I did not want to push it this week as the Tier 2 officer clearly told me to wait 2 more weeks.

I don't have the NOA either, no

Not already having the NOA is all the more reason to aggressively follow up - you currently don’t have any formal evidence of your AOS petition as it is.