• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Don’t you think the spreadsheet would have been updated accordingly if we know of anyone who has received a RFE as a result of following what is listed on the spreadsheet?
Thank you for your response. I'll submit the package without those statements then.

Hi everyone
I’m f1 visa and i won the lottery 2018 .
I have a problem. I applied for asylum while been selected for lottery because my number was to high I didn’t expect be eligible
Now I will be current in July and my interview for asylum has been scheduled to June .
My question is that do I still have to go to the asylum interview ? Or just forget about that and apply for AOS instead??

Hi everyone
I’m f1 visa and i won the lottery 2018 .
I have a problem. I applied for asylum while been selected for lottery because my number was to high I didn’t expect be eligible
Now I will be current in July and my interview for asylum has been scheduled to June .
My question is that do I still have to go to the asylum interview ? Or just forget about that and apply for AOS instead??

Was your asylum petition a frivolous attempt at remaining in the US? You can’t simply ignore the IL by not attending the scheduled interview. You will need to formally withdraw the petition if you no longer wish to continue with it. I can’t tell you if you should discontinue with the asylum petition or not, you’ll have to decide that on your own.

Was your asylum petition a frivolous attempt at remaining in the US? You can’t simply ignore the IL by not attending the scheduled interview. You will need to formally withdraw the petition if you no longer wish to continue with it. I can’t tell you if you should discontinue with the asylum petition or not, you’ll have to decide that on your own.

No my asylum petition is true.
Can I go with both process??

Mom,
Does it matter which dates you put on AOS package? i.e signing dates, cover letter and stuffs.(like if ur current in June, can you put January dates on the documents assuming you filled the documents earlier then waited to be current?)

Hi Mom,
Shall i put the three checks (for my spouse, my son, and I) all on top of the package or shall include each check with the respective I485 from?

No my asylum petition is true.
Can I go with both process??

I don’t know about your specific case, situation, current status, etc so I can’t categorically tell if you can go with both cases. Having said that, I know it is possible for a petitioner to have two separate AOS petitions in the system at the same time without it being an issues.

Mom,
Does it matter which dates you put on AOS package? i.e signing dates, cover letter and stuffs.(like if ur current in June, can you put January dates on the documents assuming you filled the documents earlier then waited to be current?)

Take out the guess work and have the signature dates correspond with the submission period. It should take that much effort to fill out new sets of forms even if you have to

What happens if someone gets his security check completed before September 30 and his derivative doesn't?
Will they be able to get their Green Cards even if security check for one of them has not yet been approved?

What happens if someone gets his security check completed before September 30 and his derivative doesn't?
Will they be able to get their Green Cards even if security check for one of them has not yet been approved?

Derivative definitely will not be getting a DV based GC. The main selectee may get theirs if the FO decides to continue processing them alone.

Hi Mom and all,
We went for biometrics this week and my status was changed to fingerprint review completed in the same day and my husband status says interview scheduled. By the way we both had interview scheduled for case status even before we do biometrics.
1. Just wondering does security check takes longer for those who moved to US recently than the person who stays in the US for years?.

One more question. Just wanted to make sure that I understood information in the spread sheet right.
1. Does NBC forward our files to FO after sending the biometrics letter? and FO schedule interview?. Since my status was interview scheduled before Biometrics just wondering whether my FO already has my file. Thanks

Hi Mom and all,
We went for biometrics this week and my status was changed to fingerprint review completed in the same day and my husband status says interview scheduled. By the way we both had interview scheduled for case status even before we do biometrics.
1. Just wondering does security check takes longer for those who moved to US recently than the person who stays in the US for years?.

Background check clearance has nothing to do with how long someone has been living or residing in the US.

One more question. Just wanted to make sure that I understood information in the spread sheet right.
1. Does NBC forward our files to FO after sending the biometrics letter? and FO schedule interview?. Since my status was interview scheduled before Biometrics just wondering whether my FO already has my file. Thanks

The NBC schedules bio appointments, the FO schedules interview appointments. NBC can forward AOS petition to the FO prior to or at the same time the bio appointment is being scheduled.

Hi Mom and all,

A quick and maybe weird question. I re-filed my stuff again yesterday but I was wondering if I needed to take the biometrics again for the second time? I mean my fingerprints haven’t changed,right? They already have my A-number and they my question is if they can just redo the background check based on the fingerprints they took last time?
I ask this because I put another personal check of $1225.00 in my package and I wasn’t sure this was correct or not? Am I redoing biometrics? Did I have to pay $85.00 for it?