• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Thanks mom,
What if the principal applicant's background is clear and derivative applicant's background is pending? Will they schedule the principal applicant's interview or they will wait for the derivative applicant's background to be cleared and schedule it together?

They may decide to go ahead and schedule the interview, they may decide to wait until everyone’s background check clears. Each FO determines what works best for them.

You said before that being scheduled for an interview doesn't necessarily mean that the background check has been completed but now you are saying a different thing!

Are you sure you’ve been reading my posts within the context of the specific questions being asked or you’re simply looking for some opportunity at pointing out inconsistencies in my posts?

Are you sure you’ve been reading my posts within the context of the specific questions being asked or you’re simply looking for some opportunity at pointing out inconsistencies in my posts?

Sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I agree with you.

Hi mom and all,

Today I talked to an attorney. Although he is one of the most famous attorneys in the state of Illinois, he made two weird comments I wanted to share with you and ask about your opinion.

I) He said usually every application will be processed only once. That means you have already applied for your DV case and they may punch it to your denied case ( his exact words) and may say: “ OK you have already filed this and got denied. Re-filing for the same reason will be rejected!” Is it so? May they just say that it is a burnt ticket and can’t be used anymore?

II) He said that I could do both filing an appeal and re-filing the whole thing and see what happens. If they didn’t answer to the appeal by July 1st, we would be able to do a lawsuit.

Neither one makes sense to me. I am pretty sure it’s impossible to convince them to admit they have made mistake but I got worried of being rejected in case of re-filing. Do these comments make sense to you?

Anyway, I wanna try my best and start re-filing. I’ve got a few questions.

1) there’s an expiration date on the I-485 form. (June 30th). This time my interview (if everything goes well) will be after that date. Could it be a problem?

2) I have enrollment verification and good standing letter from the university which have been issued in April(I got them for my interview). Can I still use them for my new package? Or I need to get a new one? They should still be valid for one month.

3) I got A-number and I have an account on the USCIS website but I couldn’t find my account number anywhere. I googled for it but sounds like this is a common problem. Anyone knows where exactly this account number is?

Hi mom and all,

Today I talked to an attorney. Although he is one of the most famous attorneys in the state of Illinois, he made two weird comments I wanted to share with you and ask about your opinion.

I) He said usually every application will be processed only once. That means you have already applied for your DV case and they may punch it to your denied case ( his exact words) and may say: “ OK you have already filed this and got denied. Re-filing for the same reason will be rejected!” Is it so? May they just say that it is a burnt ticket and can’t be used anymore?

II) He said that I could do both filing an appeal and re-filing the whole thing and see what happens. If they didn’t answer to the appeal by July 1st, we would be able to do a lawsuit.

Neither one makes sense to me. I am pretty sure it’s impossible to convince them to admit they have made mistake but I got worried of being rejected in case of re-filing. Do these comments make sense to you?

Anyway, I wanna try my best and start re-filing. I’ve got a few questions.

1) there’s an expiration date on the I-485 form. (June 30th). This time my interview (if everything goes well) will be after that date. Could it be a problem?

2) I have enrollment verification and good standing letter from the university which have been issued in April(I got them for my interview). Can I still use them for my new package? Or I need to get a new one? They should still be valid for one month.

3) I got A-number and I have an account on the USCIS website but I couldn’t find my account number anywhere. I googled for it but sounds like this is a common problem. Anyone knows where exactly this account number is?

Seems to me like the famous attorney is more interested in your case because of what he’s likely to gain from it. We do know in this forum of selectees who were denied due to early filing and who clearly got approved second time around when they re-filed. Go through the 2018 Timeline spreadsheet for instance - the first case you’ll see on it is that of @geol8 whose initial petition was denied due to early filing and was subsequently approved when they re-filed. You can also read of this person’s accounts if you search the 2018 AOS thread.

This attorney wants you to file both an appeal and re-file even though he believes the fact you were previously denied will lead to another denial because you can only file once? Certainly makes no sense to me. Did he mention the total cost of filing an appeal and re-filing plus his own fees? Did he disclose the cost of the lawsuit he’s assuring you he can file and does he guarantee it will be decided on or before Sept. 30th COB? And is this famous attorney not aware of what your denial letter says about the decision being final and not subject to an appeal? So no, his claims makes no sense to me.

1. Not a problem.
2. Use them for the new package. Get updated ones for your interview.
3. Not a problem with using just the A#.

Hi @Sm1smom ,
I had my biometrics on May 6 (early walk-in) , the scheduled date was May 17. When I check my case status it is still saying : "Fingerprint fee was received". Not update saying that "Fingerprint was accepted" as I saw people in similar case having this update. Is there something I should be worried about?
Even though it is mentioned on the spreadsheet that I should not expect any status change before the interview letter.

Thanks in advance for everything!

Hi @Sm1smom ,
I had my biometrics on May 6 (early walk-in) , the scheduled date was May 17. When I check my case status it is still saying : "Fingerprint fee was received". Not update saying that "Fingerprint was accepted" as I saw people in similar case having this update. Is there something I should be worried about?
Even though it is mentioned on the spreadsheet that I should not expect any status change before the interview letter.

Nothing to worry about at this point.

Hi All,

I just found this on a different website. Have any of you tried this or heard about it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-215906_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190522-215906_Chrome.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 47
Seems to me like the famous attorney is more interested in your case because of what he’s likely to gain from it. We do know in this forum of selectees who were denied due to early filing and who clearly got approved second time around when they re-filed. Go through the 2018 Timeline spreadsheet for instance - the first case you’ll see on it is that of @geol8 whose initial petition was denied due to early filing and was subsequently approved when they re-filed. You can also read of this person’s accounts if you search the 2018 AOS thread.

This attorney wants you to file both an appeal and re-file even though he believes the fact you were previously denied will lead to another denial because you can only file once? Certainly makes no sense to me. Did he mention the total cost of filing an appeal and re-filing plus his own fees? Did he disclose the cost of the lawsuit he’s assuring you he can file and does he guarantee it will be decided on or before Sept. 30th COB? And is this famous attorney not aware of what your denial letter says about the decision being final and not subject to an appeal? So no, his claims makes no sense to me.

1. Not a problem.
2. Use them for the new package. Get updated ones for your interview.
3. Not a problem with using just the A#.

Thank you so much mom. You are right. He just wanted to scare me and persuade me to hire him. Thank god we have you!

Hi @Sm1smom ,

Mine shows the same thing after early walk in on May 06.

Mine shows the same thing after early walk in on May 06.

If you want to keep yourself busy, there is an interesting page on britsimon's blog: http://britsimonsays.com/administrative-processing-fbi-name-checks/.
And from the last comment from @Tommasi80, you can ask the FBI for Identity History Summary Checks.

If that can reassure you, I still have this too on my end:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/: Last update on the case summary shows 4/26 (same date I have on the bio notice):
Fingerprint Fee Was Received - On April 23, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,

https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant, more recent updates:
May 15, 2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed
May 14, 2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed
April 24, 2019 - Fingerprint Fee Was Received
April 24, 2019 - Case Was Received

If you want to keep yourself busy, there is an interesting page on britsimon's blog: http://britsimonsays.com/administrative-processing-fbi-name-checks/.
And from the last comment from @Tommasi80, you can ask the FBI for Identity History Summary Checks.

If that can reassure you, I still have this too on my end:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/: Last update on the case summary shows 4/26 (same date I have on the bio notice):
Fingerprint Fee Was Received - On April 23, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,

https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant, more recent updates:
May 15, 2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed
May 14, 2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed
April 24, 2019 - Fingerprint Fee Was Received
April 24, 2019 - Case Was Received
In my case egov shows more info than myuscis.
Myuscis is still has the we received your case status.

same here
Yeah, the waiting is stressful! There are three of us in the application. So far one of us has been told that the fingerprint checks have been completed (the other two are still at the fingerprint fee accepted update). It is good to know that the updates are not regularly updated and/or complete!

I'm grateful for the progress spreadsheet, the people filling that out, and the community here. Knowing where others are in the process helps keep me calm.