• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi,
Just wanted to give you an update, we did our interview today and the officer told us that our cases were approved and that our GC should arrive in 2-3 weeks maximum!
The status only was updated this afternoon to "my new card is being produced! We're so happy and still can't believe it!
A huge thanks for this very helpful spreadsheet and your advice! Without it, I'm not sure we would have be able to do it.
Good luck to you all and please, don't give up!

PS: I'll fill out the timeline.
Congratulations

Ho Mom
I went to an info pass today to ask about my background check, and they said its still pending, while the FBI said they have sent the results!!
I have 3 appointments for the next 3 days. Any suggestions? Is writing a letter to the USCIS FO will do any good?

Ho Mom
I went to an info pass today to ask about my background check, and they said its still pending, while the FBI said they have sent the results!!
I have 3 appointments for the next 3 days. Any suggestions? Is writing a letter to the USCIS FO will do any good?
I think you mean fingerprint was fine but name check is still pending.

Ho Mom

Your FO will not tell you your background check is still pending if it has cleared - they’re aware of the time sensitive nature of your petition. I know for a fact the FBI no longer provide updates on immigration background check status, not sure why the person you spoke with told you what they did.

Writing a letter isn’t going to carry more weight than you going in person, but you can write if it makes you feel better. Hard as it may sound, the truth is there’s nothing your FO can do if your background clearance doesn’t come in a timely manner.

I got an update "Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It" what does this mean

Didn’t you say your eDV registration form wasn’t included in your KCC file that got sent to your FO? It could mean the form has now been sent. Anyway, that’s a strange update I’m not familiar with.

Your FO will not tell you your background check is still pending if it has cleared - they’re aware of the time sensitive nature of your petition. I know for a fact the FBI no longer provide updates on immigration background check status, not sure why the person you spoke with told you what they did.

Writing a letter isn’t going to carry more weight than you going in person, but you can write if it makes you feel better. Hard as it may sound, the truth is there’s nothing your FO can do if your background clearance doesn’t come in a timely manner.
Can the officer expedite it?

If they request expedite, does the name check requested guarantee?

When the FO sends in an expedite request, they’re basically asking whoever is working on the check to prioritize it, it doesn’t mean an instant/guaranteed approval or that the check will be completed in time.

I’m sure they’ve already sent in an expedite request since they’re aware your petition is DV based.
I went to the USCIS, and handed them a letter with some attachments explaining my situation. I met with the officer that is handling my case, and she said she already sent 2 expediting requests for my background check. I just have to wait.

I went to the USCIS, and handed them a letter with some attachments explaining my situation. I met with the officer that is handling my case, and she said she already sent 2 expediting requests for my background check. I just have to wait.
At least you know they have done all they can. Good luck for getting good news by the end of this week.

Hello mom,

Yesterday I received welcome letter and so happy. Thank y'all again.

Mom I sent request in timeline but can't figure out how to do it next. Can I post here all my dates and updates into thread?? Or you prefer timeline ?

That thread is at least 10 years old! - so what do you think?
I have question Mom: In my last info pass appointment yesterday, they told me my name has been cleared in all systems except one system that is still pending. My question: Do they have the authority to approve my case and put it under monitoring until that system gets me cleared, or they will revoke the green card if that systems gave them negative results?

Hello mom,

Yesterday I received welcome letter and so happy. Thank y'all again.

Mom I sent request in timeline but can't figure out how to do it next. Can I post here all my dates and updates into thread?? Or you prefer timeline ?

And you’ve already been granted editing access to the spreadsheet. All you need to do is click on the available column and enter your information across the cells. Anyway, if you’re still struggling with figuring it out, you can leave your timeline here in the forum, it will get transferred (eventually).