• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

There’s more layers to the background check. Take a look at this Post of mine from 2014 where I described the different types of checks. Although the original post was addressed to a CP selectee, the information in there is equally applicable to an AOSers. Only difference is no background check gets initiated until AOS package is submitted and bio is done for AOSers.
Congrats, enjoy your new green status
will I receive a welcome letter or no ??

Mom,

Incredibly helpful thread, which I unfortunately discovered very late in the day. I would be incredibly grateful if you could review my family's current situation and give your opinion.

Myself, my wife and our daughter all completed our biometrics today. Our i485s are at the National Benefits Center - have been there since September 14th. We have 2 Infopass appointments booked in our local Field Office in Orlando next week. We spoke to a Field Officer at the local Field Office yesterday and he seemed very helpful and willing to accommodate us. Neither myself or my wife have a criminal record. I am from Ireland, she is from Mexico. We have spent all our lives (aside from backpacking) in Ireland, UK and the US. I work in Information Technology.

Our Infopass Appointments are for Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. How are our chances (in your experience) and is there anything more we can do at this very late stage?

Mom,

Incredibly helpful thread, which I unfortunately discovered very late in the day. I would be incredibly grateful if you could review my family's current situation and give your opinion.

Myself, my wife and our daughter all completed our biometrics today. Our i485s are at the National Benefits Center - have been there since September 14th. We have 2 Infopass appointments booked in our local Field Office in Orlando next week. We spoke to a Field Officer at the local Field Office yesterday and he seemed very helpful and willing to accommodate us. Neither myself or my wife have a criminal record. I am from Ireland, she is from Mexico. We have spent all our lives (aside from backpacking) in Ireland, UK and the US. I work in Information Technology.

Our Infopass Appointments are for Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. How are our chances (in your experience) and is there anything more we can do at this very late stage?

I honestly don’t know what your chances are, I don’t want to predict anything. You’ll just have to keep your fingers crossed at this point and hope you guys complete the process and get approved by Sept 28th COB.

I honestly don’t know what your chances are, I don’t want to predict anything. You’ll just have to keep your fingers crossed at this point and hope you guys complete the process and get approved by Sept 28th COB.

Yep, we're depending on the kindness of strangers at this point. I will update the thread and any timelines if i get it. May be an interesting case study for somebody being processed at the last minute :oops:

Hello there,
I have my interview scheduled on Monday afternoon with my husband. I have a 2 months old baby and I'm wondering if it's possible to go to the interview with him. I'm still trying to find someone to take care of him during the interview but it's not easy.
My baby is American so he does not need to be there.
Thanks for your advice.

Hello there,
I have my interview scheduled on Monday afternoon with my husband. I have a 2 months old baby and I'm wondering if it's possible to go to the interview with him. I'm still trying to find someone to take care of him during the interview but it's not easy.
My baby is American so he does not need to be there.
Thanks for your advice.

You can take the baby with you, it will not be a problem. Make sure you take the baby’s birth certificate along, both the original and a copy.

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to update that our green cards arrived 2 days ago by mail! Unbelievable!
We wanted to say huge thanks to everyone in this forum who helped us during the process , specially to Sm1smom!
It seems to be impossible to complete this process with a positive outcome at such a short amount of time and without an interview.
And special thanks to this amazing spreadsheet which without it nothing would happen as it did.

Time Line:
Previous status: F-1 (OPT)/ F-2 visas.
our case number was 2018AS00011XXX
7/15 our number became current up for the month of August .
7/25 AOS package has been sent.
7/30 Application accepted by lockbox.
8/1 Fee was cashed.
8/10 Received fingerprints letter for 8/28.
8/14 Gave fingerprints on walked in.
9/6 Went to Infopass
9/16 Case was approved
9/18 Cards has been sent.
9/20 Received our green cards!

So again, Huge thanks and good luck to you all!!

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to update that our green cards arrived 2 days ago by mail! Unbelievable!
We wanted to say huge thanks to everyone in this forum who helped us during the process , specially to Sm1smom!
It seems to be impossible to complete this process with a positive outcome at such a short amount of time and without an interview.
And special thanks to this amazing spreadsheet which without it nothing would happen as it did.

Time Line:
8/1 Fee was cashed.
9/6 Went to Infopass
9/16 Case was approved

You are from ASIA but which country?

Hey everyone!

Time Line:
8/1 Fee was cashed.
9/6 Went to Infopass
9/16 Case was approved

Congratulations

Hey everyone!

Time Line:
8/1 Fee was cashed.
9/6 Went to Infopass
9/16 Case was approved

Congratulations :)

Hi again :)

Since some people thier case status did not update and it stick with "fingerprint received " but they actually received Green Card.

how can I know If my case approve but status in website not updated?
what other way to know

Hi again :)

Since some people thier case status did not update and it stick with "fingerprint received " but they actually received Green Card.

how can I know If my case approve but status in website not updated?
what other way to know

Same way as the people you referenced - if you receive the GC, you’ll know you case was approved.

Hi,
Just wanted to give you an update, we did our interview today and the officer told us that our cases were approved and that our GC should arrive in 2-3 weeks maximum!
The status only was updated this afternoon to "my new card is being produced! We're so happy and still can't believe it!
A huge thanks for this very helpful spreadsheet and your advice! Without it, I'm not sure we would have be able to do it.
Good luck to you all and please, don't give up!

PS: I'll fill out the timeline.

Hi,
Just wanted to give you an update, we did our interview today and the officer told us that our cases were approved and that our GC should arrive in 2-3 weeks maximum!
The status only was updated this afternoon to "my new card is being produced! We're so happy and still can't believe it!
A huge thanks for this very helpful spreadsheet and your advice! Without it, I'm not sure we would have be able to do it.
Good luck to you all and please, don't give up!

PS: I'll fill out the timeline.

Congratulations!