• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hello,

I just received: On September 21, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ....

Is that it ? Mom I can't believe it. Can you?
Woooow that’s unbelievable. Congratulations. That’s means they completed your name check less than 24 hours because you are from Europe. I am so happy for u buddy.

Woooow that’s unbelievable. Congratulations. That’s means they completed your name check less than 24 hours because you are from Europe. I am so happy for u buddy.
Thank you mate. Do you know or someone else knows how long it takes to receive GC by email ? And your card being produced thats it right? I got it ?I can relief ?

Thank you mate. Do you know or someone else knows how long it takes to receive GC by email ? And your card being produced thats it right? I got it ?I can relief ?
14 days or lil more, after few days they will tell you that your card will be shipped after a week you will receive it.

14 days or lil more, after few days they will tell you that your card will be shipped after a week you will receive it.

That is awesome. I will be waiting patiently. Thank you.

I am going to ask mom what should I do next. Just go to spreadsheet and update it all right everything here I am not sure? I want to put my case in the timeline for people who will need this info in the future. I believe my case is one of those where you should not lose your hope

That is awesome. I will be waiting patiently. Thank you.

I am going to ask mom what should I do next. Just go to spreadsheet and update it all right everything here I am not sure? I want to put my case in the timeline for people who will need this info in the future. I believe my case is one of those where you should not lose your hope

Yes please, update the timeline spreadsheet with your info.

Yesterday I was impatient and mom told me to practice my patients. I felt like officer was doing everything Yesterday and because I did bios right away he appreciated that and my process went Smoot. (my guess, not how it was)

My case was really interesting. I was current in June and delayed my package until august 16th. They received my Package on 21st of August and Today on 21st of September just in 1 month I've done it.

Now, I am thinking how is it even possible? Like I am so shocked. Many people pay thousands of thousands to lawyers to take care of this process. However, we got this forum. WE GOT IT ALL HERE.

Can't imagine how many lives this forum changed. Some people get mad some people get happy, but at the end of the day this forum gives you every tool you need. Mom kept telling me "Dude you are being late-Hurry up, don't give up!. and I even wanted to drop this idea, and then PEOPLE were telling me in this forum "Dude you can still do it in under 30 days". I appreciate this forum for supporting me all the way.

My grandfather is ILL very bad, and my mother had a surgery. I asked from god to approve this interview, so I could see my family and come back, because I am in the US since 2012. Now the dream come true and I will be able to see my loved once, and then continue to study and be a very good resident who appreciate the fact that he/she can live here.

For everyone who is waiting, please just have faith and pray and ask Mom, Susie and Simon everything before doing something. Trust me I gave so many questions before and read everything so to not mess this up.
Congratulation......pray for us brother

No. The only thing they told me ask me to ask USCIS to contact them.
I just called and they told me that they have already sent the results to the USCIS. However, they told me that there are other background checks and they gave me this number to call and ask about it: 540 868 4593

I am not quite sure why my background check was fast, and yours taking longer. Could that be because of the regions ?
I have no idea at all. I haven't been in any problem all my life, and i'm sure my name is clear since I'm from a minority that did not participate in any activities that will concern any body.

I just called and they told me that they have already sent the results to the USCIS. However, they told me that there are other background checks and they gave me this number to call and ask about it: 540 868 4593
He is super nice officer. But this number for just fingerprint. He told me this number didn’t deal with name check

Mom
Do you have any idea about the background check process? Is it just the FBI or there are more departments?

There’s more layers to the background check. Take a look at this Post of mine from 2014 where I described the different types of checks. Although the original post was addressed to a CP selectee, the information in there is equally applicable to an AOSers. Only difference is no background check gets initiated until AOS package is submitted and bio is done for AOSers.