• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Thank you. I meant my number will be current next visa bulletin.
So, you're not becoming current next month... A VB is going to be released next month that may make your number current in August. That's a pretty big difference...
My advice was completely wrong then, please read carefully what @Sm1smom posted above (and AOS spreadsheet which also has the answer). You only get accurate response/advice if you ask accurate question.

1. You should both show up for the first appointment together.

2. Yes.

3. You can take the baby with you, it’s usually allowed. However, if your baby is unusually fussy, you should consider getting a babysitter. Most IOs don’t normally complain about a fussy baby, but I’ve heard of situations where the IO threatened to cancel an interview when the baby started crying or demanding for attention while the interview was being conducted.

Thank you mom. Very much appreciated.

Hi Sm1smom,

The AOS Package page on Excel does not list G-325A but your Cover Letter Sample lists G-325A.

1) When I looked it up on USCIS, it says “for Deferred Action” for (Rev. 03/29/18). So do I still need to include it since I am not under Deferred Action?

2) I also found G-325A (Rev. 02/07/13) which does NOT list “for Deferred Action”. Do I use this old version of G-325A?

Thank you.

So it's that time of the year again. I figured since I'm still here - yeah, I know I've been posting about retiring for a while now without actually doing so :p:p. Anyway I figured since I'm still around, I might as well create a new Thread for DV 2018 selectees currently based in the US and who will be processing their DV selection via AOS. Plus having the first post on this Thread makes it easy for Simon to use the standard script he uses in directing traffic to this Thread when his followers ask for guidance on processing AOS :p

I know how daunting this process may initially seem and you probably have a gazillion questions to ask. But before you start doing so, please take some time to go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet (link below). It has a step by step guide on DV based AOS process. If you have follow up questions AFTER going through the spreadsheet, then feel free to post them on this Thread.

Please note, the spreadsheet is a GUIDE based on collections of experience - it is not USCIS sanctioned (but definitely more detailed than any information you can get directly from USCIS - either in person or on the phone). You're still personally responsible for your own case at the end of the day.

Good luck!

goo.gl/0va2DU

Hi Sm1smom,

I wanted to edit the previous reply with an additional question but couldn't. So will ask on this post.

Addition question:
My brief U.S. timeline > F-1 (high school then college with BFA) to OPT continued to H1-B (first job) to B2 (when decided to travel the U.S. and go back to birth country) to F-1 (changed plan and advanced myself to Master's) to OPT then B2 (while waiting for H1-B) to 2nd H1-B (unhappy and change of career) to F-1 (BS and contain into Master's). And of course, I did travel outside the U.S. during the above timeline.

Q: Is it necessary to include all I-20 and all I-797 with I-485 from high school to now? Or do I only provide the last / latest I-20 from 2nd H1-B to now (since they have my A-#)?

Q: "If you are filing Form I-485 as a DV applicant, you do not need to submit evidence of financial support" on I-485 instruction (12/13/17). So do I still submit I-134 in the package as listed on your EXCEL?

Thank you.

So it's that time of the year again. I figured since I'm still here - yeah, I know I've been posting about retiring for a while now without actually doing so :p:p. Anyway I figured since I'm still around, I might as well create a new Thread for DV 2018 selectees currently based in the US and who will be processing their DV selection via AOS. Plus having the first post on this Thread makes it easy for Simon to use the standard script he uses in directing traffic to this Thread when his followers ask for guidance on processing AOS :p

I know how daunting this process may initially seem and you probably have a gazillion questions to ask. But before you start doing so, please take some time to go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet (link below). It has a step by step guide on DV based AOS process. If you have follow up questions AFTER going through the spreadsheet, then feel free to post them on this Thread.

Please note, the spreadsheet is a GUIDE based on collections of experience - it is not USCIS sanctioned (but definitely more detailed than any information you can get directly from USCIS - either in person or on the phone). You're still personally responsible for your own case at the end of the day.

Good luck!

goo.gl/0va2DU

Last edited:
Hi Sm1smom,

The AOS Package page on Excel does not list G-325A but your Cover Letter Sample lists G-325A.

1) When I looked it up on USCIS, it says “for Deferred Action” for (Rev. 03/29/18). So do I still need to include it since I am not under Deferred Action?

2) I also found G-325A (Rev. 02/07/13) which does NOT list “for Deferred Action”. Do I use this old version of G-325A?

Thank you.

1&2. Form G325 is no longer required.

Hi Sm1smom,

I wanted to edit the previous reply with an additional question but couldn't. So will ask on this post.

Addition question:
My brief U.S. timeline > F-1 (high school then college with BFA) to OPT continued to H1-B (first job) to B2 (when decided to travel the U.S. and go back to birth country) to F-1 (changed plan and advanced myself to Master's) to OPT then B2 (while waiting for H1-B) to 2nd H1-B (unhappy and change of career) to F-1 (BS and contain into Master's). And of course, I did travel outside the U.S. during the above timeline.

Q: Is it necessary to include all I-20 and all I-797 with I-485 from high school to now? Or do I only provide the last / latest I-20 from 2nd H1-B to now (since they have my A-#)?

Q: "If you are filing Form I-485 as a DV applicant, you do not need to submit evidence of financial support" on I-485 instruction (12/13/17). So do I still submit I-134 in the package as listed on your EXCEL?

Thank you.

1. The spreadsheet recommemds current and past, right? Your call as to if you think they’re necessary or not.

2. The spreadsheet recommends submission of financial support package. If you have other means of proving financial stability, an affidavit of support is not necessary.

Didn’t you bother to read the responses to the questions you asked in 2017? I already answered all these questions you’re asking again back then!

1. Make your petition easy to process, since you're currently on a F1 status I recommend you find someone to fill out an I-130 for you.

Thank you for refreshing my memory, Sm1smom!

I have not been using this forums for at least a year. I honestly did not remember I asked that. Sorry for taking up your time.

All the best!

1. The spreadsheet recommemds current and past, right? Your call as to if you think they’re necessary or not.

2. The spreadsheet recommends submission of financial support package. If you have other means of proving financial stability, an affidavit of support is not necessary.

Didn’t you bother to read the responses to the questions you asked in 2017? I already answered all these questions you’re asking again back then!

Last edited:
Hi Mom!

So I have a bit of a predicament about my application.

I have a SA number that is not current as of July, but I am hoping it will be current in August (which I’ll check once they publish July’s VB).

I am currently in the US on a E-3 because Aside from South American, I am also Australian.

If my number becomes current in August and I’ll send my application as soon as possible (probably around June 15th), is that enough time for my case to be processed? I live in Boston.

I am worried that if I apply and my case is not processed, they will not renew my Australian visa on the basis that I have shown “intent” to migrate.

Also, I was single when I applied for the lottery and I got married in September. Is there any problem to include my husband on the application?

Thanks a lot for your help. I am very scared about this.

Also, I was single when I applied for the lottery and I got married in September. Is there any problem to include my husband on the application?

Lottery was 18 October- 22(?) November. If you married in September you married before ?! Did you mean a different month?

Hi Mom!

So I have a bit of a predicament about my application.

I have a SA number that is not current as of July, but I am hoping it will be current in August (which I’ll check once they publish July’s VB).

I am currently in the US on a E-3 because Aside from South American, I am also Australian.

If my number becomes current in August and I’ll send my application as soon as possible (probably around June 15th), is that enough time for my case to be processed? I live in Boston.

I am worried that if I apply and my case is not processed, they will not renew my Australian visa on the basis that I have shown “intent” to migrate.

Thanks a lot for your help. I am very scared about this.

Possibly. We’ve seen cases that became current in September and subsequently completed AOS on or before September 30th.

No problem as long as you can demonstrate the marriage is genuine.

Thanks!

Any ideas on how much time is currently taking? Or has anyone on the thread completed their AOS who can advise on timelines?

Finally, I and my wife received our card Friday (5/25/2018).

Before I start, I want to thank following people:

1) Mom for maintaining the DV AOS forum and helping people like us. And taking time to reply each and every queries.
2) Congressman office and its officer who helped to sort thing out.
3) USCIS for taking prompt action.

Here is my DV lottery journey:

1) My case was current on November.
2) I sent my application on Mid October, got receipt and biometric letter 1 week after that.
3) Had my fingerprinting on November 9.
4) Here comes the long wait. Went to infopass each month of Jan, Feb, Mar, April, and May. Tried almost everything; request to expedite, congressman inquiry, etc.
4.1) On April infopass, officer told that an interview was already scheduled. Since, I didn't attend interview the officer may deny, but I didn't receive any letter. He printed the copy of interview letter and handed to me. Me and my wife both were blank out after coming from the meeting. We directly went to congressman with interview letter and mentioned that i didn't receive any letter. He made the copy and said he will inquiry. In the mean time, I requested ombudsman inquiry, did phone inquiry, scheduled infopass for mid of may and kept on following up congressman officer.
4.2) During first week of May, I received email from congressman officer that contained communication between KCC and officer. Looking at the communication chain it seems like USCIS was waiting for KCC to send package, and KCC was waiting for USCIS to ask for package and deadlock happened. Finally deadlock was resolved and package was sent to USCIS Field Office.
4.3) Still didn't receive any thing, so went for one infopass. This time officer after putting my receipt no. asked if my case is diversity visa (which previous officer never asked). He said without me telling, "you have some constraint of time". I added about constraint of count as well. He told that there is DV expert officer who is looking my case and email him mentioning all constraint that I have.
5) Finally, received interview letter after few days. Had interview within week.
6) Interview was pretty straightforward. All the questions was from I-485 form. All yes no questions. Additional, he asked about as what status we came. We told as student, and provided the copy of all of our I-20s.
6.1) We didn't get approved on-spot but received the letter that they require some time to render the decision. But get our case approved after 3 hours.
7) Received our card, approval letter, welcome letter Friday.

Here are my suggestions from my experience:

1) This forum has everything we need for DV AOS. Try to find out, and ask only if you couldn't find the information you are looking for.
2) Look for situation if there is deadlock happening between field office and KCC (Both may be waiting for each other to communicate).
3) Make a copy of all the original documents that you are taking.
4) Take original documents of all the document that you sent in package (But not limit of taking only original of the document that you send, Take any document that you think might be helpful)

Congrats every body who has received their card, and best of luck for those who are waiting for card to arrive.

well, for every step of the process for me something has gone wrong, like things being delayed, people claiming I didn't have receipts, updates being in correct etc. BUT it finally came time for my green card to be sent in the mail. It said it was DELIVERED on Saturday, of course, it definitely was not delivered. I was home all day, the notification was delayed a few hours but insisted it was delivered at 12:30pm. I've been in contact with USPS all day, making claims, trying to track it down and apparently it was scanned at my apartment location (I know that's usually where things go wrong) I asked my Postman and he said he never delivered or scanned anything for me that day and none of my neighbours have it. SO now once again I'm playing the waiting game and just hoping things fall into place. USPS are investigating, thinking it was a different carrier handling Priority mail who messed up and so will hopefully report back with some insight as to where the hell my green card is.
After some quick Googling I know I'm not the only one who has gone through this, has anyone experienced this this current year? (I hope you haven't!)
I asked if it was signature required and it isn't, but I did find information during my researchin' stating that USCIS had begun implementing signature confirmation in April this year. How on earth do they still use USPS for something like this!!

Finally, I and my wife received our card Friday (5/25/2018).

Before I start, I want to thank following people:

1) Mom for maintaining the DV AOS forum and helping people like us. And taking time to reply each and every queries.
2) Congressman office and its officer who helped to sort thing out.
3) USCIS for taking prompt action.

Here is my DV lottery journey:

1) My case was current on November.
2) I sent my application on Mid October, got receipt and biometric letter 1 week after that.
3) Had my fingerprinting on November 9.
4) Here comes the long wait. Went to infopass each month of Jan, Feb, Mar, April, and May. Tried almost everything; request to expedite, congressman inquiry, etc.
4.1) On April infopass, officer told that an interview was already scheduled. Since, I didn't attend interview the officer may deny, but I didn't receive any letter. He printed the copy of interview letter and handed to me. Me and my wife both were blank out after coming from the meeting. We directly went to congressman with interview letter and mentioned that i didn't receive any letter. He made the copy and said he will inquiry. In the mean time, I requested ombudsman inquiry, did phone inquiry, scheduled infopass for mid of may and kept on following up congressman officer.
4.2) During first week of May, I received email from congressman officer that contained communication between KCC and officer. Looking at the communication chain it seems like USCIS was waiting for KCC to send package, and KCC was waiting for USCIS to ask for package and deadlock happened. Finally deadlock was resolved and package was sent to USCIS Field Office.
4.3) Still didn't receive any thing, so went for one infopass. This time officer after putting my receipt no. asked if my case is diversity visa (which previous officer never asked). He said without me telling, "you have some constraint of time". I added about constraint of count as well. He told that there is DV expert officer who is looking my case and email him mentioning all constraint that I have.
5) Finally, received interview letter after few days. Had interview within week.
6) Interview was pretty straightforward. All the questions was from I-485 form. All yes no questions. Additional, he asked about as what status we came. We told as student, and provided the copy of all of our I-20s.
6.1) We didn't get approved on-spot but received the letter that they require some time to render the decision. But get our case approved after 3 hours.
7) Received our card, approval letter, welcome letter Friday.

Here are my suggestions from my experience:

1) This forum has everything we need for DV AOS. Try to find out, and ask only if you couldn't find the information you are looking for.
2) Look for situation if there is deadlock happening between field office and KCC (Both may be waiting for each other to communicate).
3) Make a copy of all the original documents that you are taking.
4) Take original documents of all the document that you sent in package (But not limit of taking only original of the document that you send, Take any document that you think might be helpful)

Congrats every body who has received their card, and best of luck for those who are waiting for card to arrive.

Congratulations! Enjoy the new status.

Hello everyone.

Can you please advise me on what to do again? I remember having an email 2notification letter from KCC.

Now that my number is EU23100 I hope that in August it will be current. Should I go ahead and proceed with the Fee payment or should I call USCIS to ask what to do, just so I will be called to an interview ? Please let me know. I would appreciate that

Sorry if I am not as smart as you all :(, but I truly want to win a green card and stand for this COUNTRY! America Is the Greatest !

Hi Mom,

Over the past month I have been having issues checking my Case Status online. I have contacted USCIS by phone on 3 separate occasions where I was told that nothing is wrong with my case and it is pending interview appointment and that I should just wait. But I still didn't trust it so today I went to an INFOPASS and there I was told that they had put me down as a no-show because my interview appointment was set to mid-April. The officer who helped me said she will call me back within a week to reschedule, but I couldn't get any written confirmation. The officer seemed to genuinely want to help out but after being fed false information over the phone, I feel paranoid that I don't have any physical evidence to show (apart from my INFOPASS receipt) and am just relying on the officer's word that they will call me back.

I think this shows that calling USCIS is not reliable and wanted to share this in case anyone else experiences similar issues - but also do you have any suggestions as to how to proceed in either case:

A. I get a call back
(Since I don't have an official interview letter, what questions are important to ask? Like now I'm wondering that in order to get into the FO I need an appointment receipt)
B. Don't get a call back
(Set-up another INFOPASS?)