• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

For the I-485, where it asks for employment history, do I add all of my internships (CPT) and OPT that I have had over the past years? Or only actual full time positions (OPT)?

Thanks!

Hi Mom,

For the I-485, where it asks for employment history, do I add all of my internships (CPT) and OPT that I have had over the past years? Or only actual full time positions (OPT)?

Thanks!

Please use your best judgment on this.

I see someone recently had an interview at the Houston field office? If possible can he/her share his/her experience?
Thank you.

I see someone recently had an interview at the Houston field office? If possible can he/her share his/her experience?
Thank you.

Hi,

We had our interview last Thursday. There is only one officer that handles DV. He is very cool and professional. We waited a bit, and were over one hour with him, reviewing all documents and checking that all was correct in the file. He did a good job but couldn’t approve our GC on the spot because the Name Check was not ready.

Please, go ahead and add your personal milestones to the spreadsheet with the timelines. It helps other fellow Houstonians to see how the progress is going here. Thanks!

Good luck!

Hi,

We had our interview last Thursday. There is only one officer that handles DV. He is very cool and professional. We waited a bit, and were over one hour with him, reviewing all documents and checking that all was correct in the file. He did a good job but couldn’t approve our GC on the spot because the Name Check was not ready.

Please, go ahead and add your personal milestones to the spreadsheet with the timelines. It helps other fellow Houstonians to see how the progress is going here. Thanks!

Good luck!
Thank you for your prompt response. What did he request in terms of financials / public charge documents? Thank you.

And when did he say the background check will be ready to approve you? Thank you again.

A week or two...we are trying to be as patient as possible now!

Thank you for your prompt response. What did he request in terms of financials / public charge documents? Thank you.

Nothing weird. He already had our 2014 to 2017 Tax returns and my husband’s 2018 Compensation Letter (he is the lottery winner) and he did not Ask for anything else

Mom Im worried about something.
I sent the DV administrative fee of $330 2 days a go with a letter I wrote in a Microsoft Word same format on their website.
then today the KCC sent me the 2nd NL with a a form of fee to be completed

"The above address and the form below are to be used for fee payment only. (Any correspondence or materials enclosed with this form will not be acknowledged or recorded.)"

what should I do, do I have sent payment again and complete the form they sent or they would accept it anyways?:(

I sent the DV administrative fee of $330 2 days a go with a letter I wrote in a Microsoft Word same format on their website.

"The above address and the form below are to be used for fee payment only. (Any correspondence or materials enclosed with this form will not be acknowledged or recorded.)"

what should I do, do I have sent payment again and complete the form they sent or they would accept it anyways?:(
My opinion to this issue: I think you just file the ds 260 form so they sent you this form to let you know. You don’t need to resend the payment again.

The email you received from KCC has nothing to do with the payment you sent in two days ago. KCC normally sends the payment form with the 2NL regardless of if the DV administrative fee has be sent in or not. What you sent in will be accepted, stop stressing.

Hi Mom,
My case status is finally changed, and it’s “New Card is Being Produced” now. However, my wife and my son’s status didn’t change. My wife is the main applicant.
Do you think we should be worried? Is it possible that my case is approved and theirs are still pending?
Many thanks.

Hi Mom,
My case status is finally changed, and it’s “New Card is Being Produced” now. However, my wife and my son’s status didn’t change. My wife is the main applicant.
Do you think we should be worried? Is it possible that my case is approved and theirs are still pending?
Many thanks.

I don’t think you should be worried. Yours wouldn’t be approved if there’s an issue with your wife’s case considering the fact that she’s the primary selectee. Give it some time, her status (and your son’s) will either change soon also, or their cards show up when yours does.

Hi, Mom,
I was granted TPS after being out of status for couple of months. I got selected while on TPS and applied for DV Aos as well. How good are my chances for getting approved, since my interview is scheduled couple of weeks later.

The email you received from KCC has nothing to do with the payment you sent in two days ago. KCC normally sends the payment form with the 2NL regardless of if the DV administrative fee has be sent in or not. What you sent in will be accepted, stop stressing.

Thank you Mom.
What about A-Number for I-485? I don't have one so I didn't write anything in the application
but when I submit D260 I receive confirmation number that start with A. Is this should be my A-number for I-485 application ?

I don’t think you should be worried. Yours wouldn’t be approved if there’s an issue with your wife’s case considering the fact that she’s the primary selectee. Give it some time, her status (and your son’s) will either change soon also, or their cards show up when yours does.

Thanks, Mom. We’ll wait then.

Hi, Mom,
I was granted TPS after being out of status for couple of months. I got selected while on TPS and applied for DV Aos as well. How good are my chances for getting approved, since my interview is scheduled couple of weeks later.

I don’t deal in percentages so I can’t tell you how good your chances are. You asked similar questions (different language) back in May 2017 and March 2018 - you were out of status before applying for TPS.

Anyway you will find out yourself since you’re already scheduled for your interview. So, keep us posted as to your outcome.

Thank you Mom.
What about A-Number for I-485? I don't have one so I didn't write anything in the application
but when I submit D260 I receive confirmation number that start with A. Is this should be my A-number for I-485 application ?

No that is not your A#.