• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hello Mom,
I'm almost done assembling my AOS package!! :D aAnd I had 3 quick questions for you.

1. For the enrollment verification documentation from school should add the original documentation to my AOS package or a copy of the documentation and then bring the original documentation to the interview?

2. For the evidence of Financial Support section I have my bank statements, an affidavit of support and documentation about the loans and grants i'm receiving from back home. Is it necessary also have copies of my tax returns? I have not worked in the US since I came here (1 year ago) to study.

3. I'v also previously had a green card that I surrendered when I moved back home... :-/ Should I bring a copy of the I-407 Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status to the interview? Should I maybe add it to the AOS package?

Hello Mom,
I'm almost done assembling my AOS package!! :D aAnd I had 3 quick questions for you.

1. For the enrollment verification documentation from school should add the original documentation to my AOS package or a copy of the documentation and then bring the original documentation to the interview?

2. For the evidence of Financial Support section I have my bank statements, an affidavit of support and documentation about the loans and grants i'm receiving from back home. Is it necessary also have copies of my tax returns? I have not worked in the US since I came here (1 year ago) to study.

3. I'v also previously had a green card that I surrendered when I moved back home... :-/ Should I bring a copy of the I-407 Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status to the interview? Should I maybe add it to the AOS package?

1. Had copy to the AOS package.

2. I suggest you remove the documents about loans you have from back home, it is not a strong evidence you’re not likely to become a public charge - this is a loan that needs to be repaid, it is not money you’ve earned or belongs to you. Same with the grants - that grant is meant for meeting your expense as a student, not as a LPR. Your bank statement and affidavit of support are enough on their own. And no worries if you don’t have tax returns to include with the package.

3. You can include a copy of that in your AOS package or simply take it to your interview appointment, wouldn’t hurt either way.

1. Had copy to the AOS package.

2. I suggest you remove the documents about loans you have from back home, it is not a strong evidence you’re not likely to become a public charge - this is a loan that needs to be repaid, it is not money you’ve earned or belongs to you. Same with the grants - that grant is meant for meeting your expense as a student, not as a LPR. Your bank statement and affidavit of support are enough on their own. And no worries if you don’t have tax returns to include with the package.

3. You can include a copy of that in your AOS package or simply take it to your interview appointment, wouldn’t hurt either way.

That makes sense, thank you so much!

Hi Mom,

I am in the process of completing my I-485 and my spouse's. When I was going through its instructions, I learnt that I need to provide "Evidence that any derivative applicants were originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable)". But my 1NL from KCC does not have any information about my spouse.
1) Does a typical 1NL provide any information about the derivatives? . Because mine does not
2) Is there any other proofs such as a confirmation letter of the original DV lottery application that we should receive. ( I am just trying get confirmed)

Thanks!

Hi Mom,

I am in the process of completing my I-485 and my spouse's. When I was going through its instructions, I learnt that I need to provide "Evidence that any derivative applicants were originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable)". But my 1NL from KCC does not have any information about my spouse.
1) Does a typical 1NL provide any information about the derivatives? . Because mine does not
2) Is there any other proofs such as a confirmation letter of the original DV lottery application that we should receive. ( I am just trying get confirmed)

Thanks!

1. Ignore that requirement, if you don’t have a saved copy of your actual eDV registration form. The 1NL does NOT list the derivative.
2. No.

Hi Mom,

Me too, am in the process of completing my I-485 + additional documents that are needed.

1) Do any of the translations (such as for the birth certificate) need to be notarized? I am looking to get it translated via rushtranslate or immitranslate and while they offer the option, I am not sure I really need it.

Thank you!

Hi Mom,

Me too, am in the process of completing my I-485 + additional documents that are needed.

1) Do any of the translations (such as for the birth certificate) need to be notarized? I am looking to get it translated via rushtranslate or immitranslate and while they offer the option, I am not sure I really need it.

Thank you!

Translated documents are not required to be notarized. They just need to be accompanied by a signed certified statement.

Hi mom, I need your help again to clarify few things.
We received our interview letters, it is scheduled for end of June.

1) My spouse and I both received letters, same day on different times. But mine is scheduled earlier than my husband's . But I am the derivative applicant. So when we go together, should we go for my scheduled time or for my husband's( Prime applicant)?
2) About financial status, my husband started his job few months ago, after graduating last year. He has a letter from the employer confirming 60k salary. We can show pay stubs. But we dont have much savings yet, we have around 15k money savings and renting a home. Is that sufficient enough to show our finances?
3) Can we take our small baby to the interview? If yes, Do you recommend not to considering the possible disturbances?

Thank you for your time:)

Hi mom, I need your help again to clarify few things.
We received our interview letters, it is scheduled for end of June.

1) My spouse and I both received letters, same day on different times. But mine is scheduled earlier than my husband's . But I am the derivative applicant. So when we go together, should we go for my scheduled time or for my husband's( Prime applicant)?
2) About financial status, my husband started his job few months ago, after graduating last year. He has a letter from the employer confirming 60k salary. We can show pay stubs. But we dont have much savings yet, we have around 15k money savings and renting a home. Is that sufficient enough to show our finances?
3) Can we take our small baby to the interview? If yes, Do you recommend not to considering the possible disturbances?

Thank you for your time:)

1. You should both show up for the first appointment together.

2. Yes.

3. You can take the baby with you, it’s usually allowed. However, if your baby is unusually fussy, you should consider getting a babysitter. Most IOs don’t normally complain about a fussy baby, but I’ve heard of situations where the IO threatened to cancel an interview when the baby started crying or demanding for attention while the interview was being conducted.

Hi Mom,
Please help with the following questions:
1. How to request info pass? I can't do it. It says I can't do it because my case processing time does not exceeds normal processing time. On the USCIS website normal processing time is 12 month. I sent my application at the end of January. My case was current on February. Still has not being invited for interview.
2. I am F1 student. I graduate at the end of this week. Am I still legally here while I am waiting for my application to be processed? Should I inform my college about me applying for AOS?
Thank you for all your help!

Hi Mom,
Please help with the following questions:
1. How to request info pass? I can't do it. It says I can't do it because my case processing time does not exceeds normal processing time. On the USCIS website normal processing time is 12 month. I sent my application at the end of January. My case was current on February. Still has not being invited for interview.
2. I am F1 student. I graduate at the end of this week. Am I still legally here while I am waiting for my application to be processed? Should I inform my college about me applying for AOS?
Thank you for all your help!

1. Which is your FO? Is it one of the big 4 that no longer allows direct INFOPASS booking?

2. Yes you still have a legal status after your graduation. Your new status becomes adjustment pending once you graduate until your AOS petition is adjudicated. Or did you apply for OPT?

1. Which is your FO? Is it one of the big 4 that no longer allows direct INFOPASS booking?

2. Yes you still have a legal status after your graduation. Your new status becomes adjustment pending once you graduate until your AOS petition is adjudicated. Or did you apply for OPT?
1. My FO is in New York City. Am I doing something wrong? I was trying to do it through the USCIS website.
2. I didn't apply for OPT. But I had preOPT which is expiring in one month. Should I terminate my preOPT because of AOS?

1. My FO is in New York City. Am I doing something wrong? I was trying to do it through the USCIS website.
2. I didn't apply for OPT. But I had preOPT which is expiring in one month. Should I terminate my preOPT because of AOS?

1. Yes you are, considering NY still allows INFOPASS scheduling. If case follow up isn’t letting you proceed with booking the appointment, select any other reason that lets you proceed. The reason you put doesn’t quite matter.

2. There’s no reason to terminate the pre-OPT. Let it run its course.

FYI: not sure if you’re aware or not, NY FO is one of the notoriously slow FOs, there’s not much you can do about it except ongoing follow up attempts.

Hey mom. My number will be current next month. My package is ready to go by now. Can I send my Package now or I have to wait until my number get current in the website. Thanks mom for your help.

Hey mom. My number will be current next month. My package is ready to go by now. Can I send my Package now or I have to wait until my number get current in the website. Thanks mom for your help.
If you're going to be current in June, wait those 3 days till Thursday. It's hard to imagine it's going to make a difference in processing time, yet it removes the possibility of being erroneously rejected by Chicago Box Office, or denied by IO that doesn't know any better...

If you're going to be current in June, wait those 3 days till Thursday. It's hard to imagine it's going to make a difference in processing time, yet it removes the possibility of being erroneously rejected by Chicago Box Office, or denied by IO that doesn't know any better...
Thank you. I meant my number will be current next visa bulletin.

Thank you. I meant my number will be current next visa bulletin.

If you mean you expect your CN to fall within the range of numbers expected on the next VB, you definitely CANNOT send in your AOS package BEFORE the VB gets released.

Well, you can actually if you like, it just means your package WIIL DEFINITELY be rejected by the Chicago Lockbox. You shouldn’t be mailing in your AOS package on the basis of an assumption as to when your CN will become current.