• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Yeah, the USCIS approved doctor in my area didn't have an appointment until after I had sent my AOS package.

It’s not like you were facing a submission deadline. You should have waited for the medical IMO, before sending in the AOS package. This is precisely why we’re recommending front loading the petition - the possibility of being approved without an interview cannote be ruled out. A DV based AOS petition is time limited, you don’t want to subject yourself to a RFE request.

You’re worried because you only have one year’s tax return and would hire a lawyer because of that? What do you think the lawyer will do?

Just calm down and send what you have. You’re not expected to produce what you don’t have.

What’s your current status? Is your current income above the poverty guide applicable to you? Are you currently working?

Yes my current income and only the 2017 tax return. My bank statement doesn't have significant money. Just what I earn I put into the bank. I see everyone is asked for bank statements.

Yes my current income and only the 2017 tax return. My bank statement doesn't have significant money. Just what I earn I put into the bank. I see everyone is asked for bank statements.

Not true, everyone is not “asked for bank statements”

I asked you a couple of questions in my previous post which you clearly didn’t bother to answer, I believe you answered what you think I should ask. Well, if you’re not going to answer the actual questions asked, I’m afraid you wouldn’t get the appropriate response, and you’ll continue to stress yourself out running from pillar to post.

Did you include anything in your package though? If yes, what?

This is what I consider one of the pillar to post moment - every time someone posts about being approved, you’ll return to ask for information on what they included with their package.

- Question is: have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet to see the recommended documents to include with the AOS package?
- And what is your current status?
- Do you have any derivative or are you apply alone?
- Is your income above the poverty guideline applicable to your case?

I’m making an extra effort to try and help you by asking questions again - truth is I typically don’t have the patience to do this (and I’m sure some forum members will readily attest to my lack of patience :cool::p).

This is what I consider one of the pillar to post moment - every time someone posts about being approved, you’ll return to ask for information on what they included with their package.

- Question is: have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet to see the recommended documents to include with the AOS package?
Yes I'm only concerned about the financial part. Again I have current income and tax return for 2017.

- And what is your current status?
- Do you have any derivative or are you apply alone?
- Is your income above the poverty guideline applicable to your case?

I’m making an extra effort to try and help you by asking questions again - truth is I typically don’t have the patience to do this (and I’m sure some forum members will readily attest to my lack of patience :cool::p).

- E2 visa so I take guaranteed payment and don't have typical W2s.
- I'm by myself, single with no children.
- Yes.

I have another question. Is there a specific format for English translations? Can my high school diploma and relevant documents be translated in my home country by a translator in the U.S. Embassy approved translator list or has to be someone within the U.S. for USCIS? Does it need to comply with specific verbiage, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
- E2 visa so I take guaranteed payment and don't have typical W2s.
- I'm by myself, single with no children.
- Yes.

I have another question. Is there a specific format for English translations? Can my high school diploma and relevant documents be translated in my home country by a translator in the U.S. Embassy approved translator list or has to be someone within the U.S. for USCIS? Does it need to comply with specific verbiage, etc

So submit whatever it is you have in place of a typical W2 which demonstrates your income and the applicable taxes you. Submit copies of your last 3 months’s pay stubs and bank statements. Having an income above the applicable poverty guideline is a plus. Stop stressing over the financial evidence, the worst that could happen will be for a request for you to submit an I-134 which I highly doubt will happen in your case.

While having the documents translated by someone in the US is preferable as it makes it easier for a follow up by USCIS (in the very rare instance it may be required) the documents can be translated by anyone anywhere. The important thing is for the translated documents to be accompanied by a signed certify statement attesting to the translator’s fluency in both English and the language the documents were translated from.

By the way I answered to each of your questions right after each question.

I edited your response as you can see from that post. Post your answers separately from the questions, the quoted post gets truncated making it hard to read what response is contained within it.

So submit whatever it is you have in place of a typical W2 which demonstrates your income and the applicable taxes you. Submit copies of your last 3 months’s pay stubs and bank statements. Having an income above the applicable poverty guideline is a plus. Stop stressing over the financial evidence, the worst that could happen will be for a request for you to submit an I-134 which I highly doubt will happen in your case.

While having the documents translated by someone in the US is preferable as it makes it easier for a follow up by USCIS (in the very rare instance it may be required) the documents can be translated by anyone anywhere. The important thing is for the translated documents to be accompanied by a signed certify statement attesting to the translator’s fluency in both English and the language the documents were translated from.

What supporting documents need to accompany the I-134? Are their tax returns enough or do they absolutely need pay stubs?

What supporting documents need to accompany the I-134? Are their tax returns enough or do they absolutely need pay stubs?

This information is listed on the AOS process spreadsheet you know? You said you’ve gone over it, so you should have found the answer to this question.

This information is listed on the AOS process spreadsheet you know? You said you’ve gone over it, so you should have found the answer to this question.

It says W2, 1099s for sponsor. So no tax return transcripts or isn't that better? How many W2s and 1099s for sponsor?
Thank you.

If I had a case status USCIS account for checking my non-immigrant visas status, do I have a USCIS account number to fill out in my forms? If yes, I can't find it or is it something different?
Thank you!

If I had a case status USCIS account for checking my non-immigrant visas status, do I have a USCIS account number to fill out in my forms? If yes, I can't find it or is it something different?
Thank you!

If you can’t recollect what the number is, leave the section blank.

Hello mom and everyone,
I have a tax credit question in relation with public assistance: while filing for the 2017 tax returns, in addition to total tax refund (for tax withheld), a "earned income tax credit" (EITC) refund was generated (worth $600). Our eligibility for the "EIC refund" (as the IRS calls it) stemmed from the following: (a) I have a social security number (having been F1), (b) my wife has a SSN (currently F-1), (c) filing jointly (d) my wife worked on-campus, (e) the income that my wife earned was below a certain threshold, (f) we have a child and he is a USC and has a SSN, (g) our cumulative presence in the US exceeds 5 Fiscal Years, and thus (this 6th year) considered residents for tax purposes. The tax credit wouldn't have been generated if any of the above mentioned circumstances were not true. this was reviewed by a tax professional.
1. If we file the tax return as is, would this tax credit/EIC refund be considered public assistance, in response to a potential immigration-related question: "have you ever received ....public assistance"?
N.B. My question is not, necessarily, related to i-485 (I elected CP), but for my information, in case I need to disclose it in future filings or queries, whenever asked about receiving public assistance.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello mom and everyone,
I have a tax credit question in relation with public assistance: while filing for the 2017 tax returns, in addition to total tax refund (for tax withheld), a "earned income tax credit" (EITC) refund was generated (worth $600). Our eligibility for the "EIC refund" (as the IRS calls it) stemmed from the following: (a) I have a social security number (having been F1), (b) my wife has a SSN (currently F-1), (c) filing jointly (d) my wife worked on-campus, (e) the income that my wife earned was below a certain threshold, (f) we have a child and he is a USC and has a SSN, (g) our cumulative presence in the US exceeds 5 Fiscal Years, and thus (this 6th year) considered residents for tax purposes. The tax credit wouldn't have been generated if any of the above mentioned circumstances were not true. this was reviewed by a tax professional.
1. If we file the tax return as is, would this tax credit/EIC refund be considered public assistance, in response to a potential immigration-related question: "have you ever received ....public assistance"?
N.B. My question is not, necessarily, related to i-485 (I elected CP), but for my information, in case I need to disclose it in future filings or queries, whenever asked about receiving public assistance.
Thank you.

This is really not AOS process related, I don’t analyze IRS tax filings/returns so I have no idea.