• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi mom,
I am processing as AOS for 2018AS12XXX (high AS number) and have received the DS-260 email confirmation. I have a few questions:

- If the AS region goes current in August/September, is it enough time to go through AOS or is it advisable to do CP?
- Is it even possible to switch in time from AOS to CP?
- Is the 2NL email from KCC the one that confirms receipt of the DS-260 application or is it something else? I received a Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter email from KCC that said thank you for informing us that you will be processing AOS.

Thank you for your kind help!

Hi mom,
I am processing as AOS for 2018AS12XXX (high AS number) and have received the DS-260 email confirmation. I have a few questions:

- If the AS region goes current in August/September, is it enough time to go through AOS or is it advisable to do CP?
- Is it even possible to switch in time from AOS to CP?
- Is the 2NL email from KCC the one that confirms receipt of the DS-260 application or is it something else? I received a Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter email from KCC that said thank you for informing us that you will be processing AOS.

Thank you for your kind help!

1. “IF” the AS region goes current in Aug/Sept, you’ll find out in in June/July - we’ve had AOS cases that became current successfully complete the process. Bear in mind, each case also depends on each petitioner’s background check reveals.

2. I don’t recommend waiting until the VB comes out to ask KCC for a switching. KCC needs a couple of month s to process the DS260 form before scheduling a CP interview.

3. That is the 2NL for AOS.

1. “IF” the AS region goes current in Aug/Sept, you’ll find out in in June/July - we’ve had AOS cases that became current successfully complete the process. Bear in mind, each case also depends on each petitioner’s background check reveals.

2. I don’t recommend waiting until the VB comes out to ask KCC for a switching. KCC needs a couple of month s to process the DS260 form before scheduling a CP interview.

3. That is the 2NL for AOS.

Thank you! Some follow-up questions:

1. Have you heard of AOS cases with high case numbers that weren't able to complete the process in time? Is it mainly due to background checks?
2. I am adjusting status from H1-B (dual intent) in New York but also am able to fly home to do CP. In your experience would it be OK to stay with AOS?

Thank you again

Thank you! Some follow-up questions:

1. Have you heard of AOS cases with high case numbers that weren't able to complete the process in time? Is it mainly due to background checks?
2. I am adjusting status from H1-B (dual intent) in New York but also am able to fly home to do CP. In your experience would it be OK to stay with AOS?

Thank you again

1. Yes, we’ve had cases of AOSers (both high and low CN) not being able to complete the process due to prolonged background checks which subsequently led to visa exhaustion - DV 2017 readily comes to mind - take a look at the last couple of pages of that thread.

2. Sorry can’t help you on this, you’ll have to make the call on your own. I typically stay away from telling people which process they should go with - there’s a lot more about you and your case which I don’t know.

1. Yes, we’ve had cases of AOSers (both high and low CN) not being able to complete the process due to prolonged background checks which subsequently led to visa exhaustion - DV 2017 readily comes to mind - take a look at the last couple of pages of that thread.

2. Sorry can’t help you on this, you’ll have to make the call on your own. I typically stay away from telling people which process they should go with - there’s a lot more about you and your case which I don’t know.

Thank you for the reply!

1. What are the steps needed to change from AOS to CP?
2. When you mentioned "KCC needs a couple of month s to process the DS260 form before scheduling a CP interview," does that mean time from unlocking the DS-260 to going current?

Thank you for the reply!

1. What are the steps needed to change from AOS to CP?
2. When you mentioned "KCC needs a couple of month s to process the DS260 form before scheduling a CP interview," does that mean time from unlocking the DS-260 to going current?

1. Email KCC letting them know you wish to switch from AOS to CP and request they unlock your DS260 to enable you update your address.

2. From when you submit the form with CP as the process option, regardless of when you become current. If you selected CP from when your form was originally submitted, KCC would have completed processing it (assuming the submission was made last year). The DS260 form doesn’t get processed for AOS.

Good morning everyone,
a little update on my case: we got our interview yesterday and it was a very positive experience.
The lady officer was very nice and since she was training another girl they explained also to us every step of our interview. We spent together almost 3 hours. Fist of all picture and fingerprint check and then she made us swear we were going to tell the true.
She started with me, the principle applicant, asking for the very last bank statement, very last pay stub and a recent letter from my employer saying my position and my salary (which I had from last year, but pay stub and bank statement were enough).
This is to prove that we are not going to be a liability, since my husband, in H-4 now and without EAD, could not work.
Plus she wanted the original of the certification that prove my Italian PhD is accepted as a PhD in US.
She asked to check together the original passport and all the entry in US, she want me to prove the signature on documents was mine and then we went through all the yes and no questions on I-485.
For my husband, the co-applicant, they went through the passport with all the entries. She wanted the original of our marriage certificate, which we have 2 originals and she kept one.
She asked us pictures about our wedding and for that I wasn't ready but she gave us few hours to print them and bring them. That took us only 20 min because there was a place right outside, so when we were back we processed on the interview.
with my husband she went through all the yes/no question in the I-485 and then we were done.
She was very nice and interested in my scientist position and why I wanted to come in US at the first place.
At the end she was very happy to walk through with us in the visa and green card order. She welcomed us to United State and that was an amazing moment.

I wanna thank you everyone here that answered to my many questions, especially Mom..you have been an incredible resource of knowledge, I don't think I can thank you enough. This blog is a pearl and your work is outstanding.

Good luck to everyone my fellow DV2018 selectees

Fanuel

Hi Mom,
As there has been no change to my status after the interview in mid February (finger print end of last year),and based on your suggestion to follow up in April, I have made an info pass appointment for early next month. What should I ask the officer? I assume the answer will be that my background check is pending. Is there any particular questions that I should ask?
Please let me know.
Best

Is anyone using an immigration attorney? if yes, recommend one who is well versed in this type of AOS?
thank you.

Hi Mom,
As there has been no change to my status after the interview in mid February (finger print end of last year),and based on your suggestion to follow up in April, I have made an info pass appointment for early next month. What should I ask the officer? I assume the answer will be that my background check is pending. Is there any particular questions that I should ask?
Please let me know.
Best

Ask them if your background check is still pending, or if it already cleared.
Ask them if your KCC file has been requested and received.
Ask them what is causing the delay in decision making.
Ask to know when you can expect a decision.

These are not listed in any particular order, you’ll have to be fluid with the questions you ask based on the response you get.

Is anyone using an immigration attorney? if yes, recommend one who is well versed in this type of AOS?
thank you.

So what do you think an immigration lawyer can do for your case that you can’t do on your own based on all the information you’ve already been provided with here? Do you have some specific situation that makes you ineligible for AOS?

Hi! We just got out package back from USCIS. Very frustrating.

We got out number in the May Visa Bulletin, and got the attached letter with all our documents that were stapled and computer marked. Including the Medical Exam. We are very frustrated!

- What do we have to do now? When are we supposed to be able to submit this? I don´t get it. I did everything as you guys suggest, including the copy of the Memorandum Policy and the last visa bulletin, and the recent page that appears in USCIS, all marked saying that we were allowed to send the documents as soon as the number appeared in the VB.
- Do we have to do AGAIN the medical certification? It came back opened and with a computer mark at the bottom?

At least they did not cask our checks...

Please help!

Thanks

Attachments

• Letter.jpg
    Letter.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 48

We got out number in the May Visa Bulletin, and got the attached letter with all our documents that were stapled and computer marked. Including the Medical Exam. We are very frustrated!

- What do we have to do now? When are we supposed to be able to submit this? I don´t get it. I did everything as you guys suggest, including the copy of the Memorandum Policy and the last visa bulletin, and the recent page that appears in USCIS, all marked saying that we were allowed to send the documents as soon as the number appeared in the VB.
- Do we have to do AGAIN the medical certification? It came back opened and with a computer mark at the bottom?

Please help!

Thanks

This letter is not about early filing. It says you are applying in the incorrect fiscal year?!

That confused me at first, but it says in bold "You have filled before the block of Case Numbers authorized. Continue of watch the Diversity website".
The letter is very confusing because it says two different things in the two first paragraphs.
And yes, we are filling in the right year! Our case number is EU16XXX that will be current in May as per the April VB.

Ask them if your background check is still pending, or if it already cleared.
Ask them if your KCC file has been requested and received.
Ask them what is causing the delay in decision making.
Ask to know when you can expect a decision.

These are not listed in any particular order, you’ll have to be fluid with the questions you ask based on the response you get.
Hi Mom,
Would you please elaborate on the KCC file question. I thought KCC would forward the documents immediately after the candidate chooses to go the AOS route.
Also as always thank you very much for your thorough answers. Really appreciate it.

Please help!

Thanks

Re-send the package with the same sealed medical exam. Include a cover letter explaining you’re DV2018 selectees

Hi Mom,
Would you please elaborate on the KCC file question. I thought KCC would forward the documents immediately after the candidate chooses to go the AOS route.
Also as always thank you very much for your thorough answers. Really appreciate it.

KCC does not automatically forward the case file - they cannot do that since they have no idea as to the FO with jurisdiction over the AOS petition. The FO has to contact the KCC and request the file. Of course you can also call KCC directly to find out if your FO already requested for your case file

Re-send the package with the same sealed medical exam. Include a cover letter explaining you’re DV2018 selectees

But they opened that exam and broke the envelope in several pieces. That is what is really confusing me because I don’t know if it is ok to send the same documents. Should i go to the doctor and tell them to seal the exam again?
Should I just send this on Monday again? I included in our package the Policy Memo and all documents. What can I do to prevent another rejection? All or documents are machine printed in the bottom and it I don’t l ow if we can send them again. Very confusing situation...

Hey mom and everyone,
My interview has been scheduled on next tuesday
1-I have questions regarding evidence of fanancial support, do i need take one with me , if yes is it bank statement or form I 134 ? I am F1 student and my father is supporting me from back home
2- do i need to contact KCC to see if the FO requested my file or not ? Does this has anything with speeding the process ?

Thank you mom for your help