• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Congratulations on your selection first!
AS is for Asia and the numbers are your Case number
With your CN you're pretty safe for an interview. but fill your DS 260 in time.
Make some research on the Internet about the process.
Britsimon site is very complete and helpful.
Good luck !
Thank you so much Beirut for your replies and help
Ihab where are you from lebanon?

Have found a couple of people from OC region in a couple of Facebook groups that I'm part of that have won the DV lottery. Still fairly high case numbers being reported though 2400 is the highest I've heard of so far which was on these forums. They had a few questions so I have sent directed them to these forums and to your site full of its wonderful information and knowledge @Britsimon !

Hi am actually from Jordan but residing in UAE.
Lucky you, dis you face wrong information tab at first or from first time you checked you got the selection letter! And btw your nunber is very low you should expect interview in this october and you should start the process ds260 and all the stuff see bristmon page!

Reactions: Eby
Lucky you, dis you face wrong information tab at first or from first time you checked you got the selection letter! And btw your nunber is very low you should expect interview in this october and you should start the process ds260 and all the stuff see bristmon page!
Thanks so much
actually I got an error the first two times but only because my family name is hyphenated using (-) and told me to use only US American keyboard, and when I replaced the hyphen with space then I got the confirmation letter. but after sooo many years of applying finally paid off.

Yay!!!!! 2018 AoS thread has started!!!

I will have to get used to recommending people mand check this link, read the spreadsheet, and only when they have done that should they "bother" Mom.

As for talk of retiring - please don't Mom - you are quite certainly the best help around for the DV AoSers.

Hi Brit, I have been advised you and the others here are experts - I have some questions i would like some help with if I may - I was selected with a number in the 2400's . I grew up in Australia in a place called Tasmania where education only goes to year 10 however I have done some short courses and am completing a diploma - I work in government and have 17 years work experience however my job title is not matching on the "onet " I have heard of people having their roles assessed to prove their SVP rating but my question is what title do I put on my 260 form and if this doesn't meet the criteria will i get rejected. Thanks in Advance for your help

Thanks so much
actually I got an error the first two times but only because my family name is hyphenated using (-) and told me to use only US American keyboard, and when I replaced the hyphen with space then I got the confirmation letter. but after sooo many years of applying finally paid off.
You dserve that, start preparing all your papers your interview will be around october november, where will you reside houston?

Reactions: Eby
I have been doing some reading on case numbers and the visa bulletins. I just want to make sure that I understand properly.
On a visa bulletin when a region has gone current, does this mean that all visas are exhausted and have been handed out for that region or does that mean that everyone who got selected for that year has been given the chance of an interview if they have filed their DS260?
For example for DV2018, if a region was to go current, those people in OC with high case numbers in the 2000's for example could expect to be scheduled for interview?

Yes, If a region goes current it means all CN''s of that region will be scheduled for interview unless you didn't submit ds260 or did that too late for KCC to process it. It doesn't guarantee a visa. Your documents, interview, history, background check etc...
I have been doing some reading on case numbers and the visa bulletins. I just want to make sure that I understand properly.
On a visa bulletin when a region has gone current, does this mean that all visas are exhausted and have been handed out for that region or does that mean that everyone who got selected for that year has been given the chance of an interview if they have filed their DS260?
For example for DV2018, if a region was to go current, those people in OC with high case numbers in the 2000's for example could expect to be scheduled for interview?

Got question! I just saw/heard some news said that due to the entrant errors in DV2018. It might have the "possibility" to re-select for DV2018 again, just like DV2012.
Can someone advice this? Is this going to happen? God bless us all.

Got question! I just saw/heard some news said that due to the entrant errors in DV2018. It might have the "possibility" to re-select for DV2018 again, just like DV2012.
Can someone advice this? Is this going to happen? God bless us all.
Where did u see this new! Not true!

Where did u see this new! Not true!
I am so scared by someone sharing the news of DV2012 (i could not paste the link here, but you can find on google by"dv2012 error re-select"
He is actively saying all the "selected ppl" of DV2018 will be void. Just like it happened to DV2012 and then they will "re-select" again... I really really hope this is just rumor and fake news.... God bless us.
here is one youtube clip

Last edited:
I am so scared by someone sharing the news of DV2012 (i could not paste the link here, but you can find on google by"dv2012 error re-select"
He is actively saying all the "selected ppl" of DV2018 will be void. Just like it happened to DV2012 and then they will "re-select" again... I really really hope this is just rumor and fake news.... God bless us.
here is one youtube clip
Not true its for 2012 stop spamming wrong news

Not true its for 2012 stop spamming wrong news
(sigh) I know! I wish it will never be true. But "if" this is really happening... It looks like all we can do is patiently wait until they announce something... For the case in DV2012, it took almost 14 days for US Department of States to announce... I really really hope everything goes well... Bless all.

(sigh) I know! I wish it will never be true. But "if" this is really happening... It looks like all we can do is patiently wait until they announce something... For the case in DV2012, it took almost 14 days for US Department of States to announce... I really really hope everything goes well... Bless all.
Theres no such problem in this year lottery to redraw, theres only some technical problem will be fixed soon

It's my first time entering the DV Lottery, and I'm a selectee! OC16XX. Really unsure of the prospects of my CN coming up on the Visa Bulletin. I would have been successful had this been my number in 2017, 2016, and 2013, but unsuccessful in 2014 and 2015 (according to BritSimon's amalgamation of the VB history). I'll have to wait and see over the next 18 months!

Hi, and congratulation to all selectees.

We've been selected both I and my brother,...but let's say we're not that excited for different reasons.

My brother has AF20XXX case number, which I think is pretty safe. but he's not sure he will apply, since he just got a relatively well-paid government job (well paid for my country, and guaranteed for life),....and he's not sure he will quit it to move to the US. My first question,...is there any chance for him as a dentist, to work in his field in the US?

As to me,...I am the one who wanted to move to the US since I'm not happy in Europe even though I have a good job and a stable situation, but unfortunately, my case number is AF45XXX. Do you think there is some reasonable hope I'll get an appointment for the visa or better forget about it?

Thanks in advance

Hi, and congratulation to all selectees.

We've been selected both I and my brother,...but let's say we're not that excited for different reasons.

My brother has AF20XXX case number, which I think is pretty safe. but he's not sure he will apply, since he just got a relatively well-paid government job (well paid for my country, and guaranteed for life),....and he's not sure he will quit it to move to the US. My first question,...is there any chance for him as a dentist, to work in his field in the US?

As to me,...I am the one who wanted to move to the US since I'm not happy in Europe even though I have a good job and a stable situation, but unfortunately, my case number is AF45XXX. Do you think there is some reasonable hope I'll get an appointment for the visa or better forget about it?

Thanks in advance

Hi Saabe! Like I said in my previous post, I'm new at this, so I'm also still trying to understand how one can forecast the Visa Bulletin. If my understanding is correct, AF45XXX is definitely hopeful! Every year since 2005, AF45XXX selectees have been successful in getting interviews.

It would probably be wise for your brother to check with the state dental board where he wishes to practice in the US regarding the licensure requirements. I couldn't comment on the likelihood of employment though - that question is probably beyond the scope of this thread.

Congratulations and good luck over the coming months!