• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

What country is the case "charged" to? (see letter of selection)

It's a pretty high draw Roger. OC is about DV2015 numbers (i.e. north of 3500 selectees). It might just be an increase in OC - but seeing AF cases in the high 40's or perhaps 50's will be confirmation of a global increase in selectees. :-(

It's a pretty high draw Roger. OC is about DV2015 numbers (i.e. north of 3500 selectees). It might just be an increase in OC - but seeing AF cases in the high 40's or perhaps 50's will be confirmation of a global increase in selectees. :-(
Actually, it's good news for AF region to have a case AF45XXX. The case in question should be safe, unless it's charged to a country like Egypt.

The OC numbers are horrible.

Last edited:
Hi Saabe! Like I said in my previous post, I'm new at this, so I'm also still trying to understand how one can forecast the Visa Bulletin. If my understanding is correct, AF45XXX is definitely hopeful! Every year since 2005, AF45XXX selectees have been successful in getting interviews.

It would probably be wise for your brother to check with the state dental board where he wishes to practice in the US regarding the licensure requirements. I couldn't comment on the likelihood of employment though - that question is probably beyond the scope of this thread.

Congratulations and good luck over the coming months!

Thanks for your reply. We both had this dream about living in the US, and the best outcome would have been both of us moving together there,...but I understand his reservations, he doesn't want to waste 7 years of dental studies plus 2 years preparing for the exam of the government job he just started,...to end up being a dishwasher somewhere in the US. I told him to fill and send the confirmation form, since he's got noting to lose, and he has like 2 years to enquire about the possibilities for him to get the equivalence of his studies and work there as a dentist,...before taking a decision. I understand this question is beyond the scope of this thread,...and he'll have to get in touch directly with US authorities, state dental orders and even universities.

As for me, I'm ready to quit everything,...I'm divorced, my job doesn't require special accreditation (My field is automation and IT), relatively young and ready for a new start and a new adventure. Unfortunately I'm really worried, about the high number case,...I hope it's not that impossible as you state.

Congratulation, and good luck for you too. I hope you'll get your visa.

Britsimon, is there a reason as to why the OC had such a high number of selectees in DV2015, but still only finished up around CN 1490 compared to the recent years that went current - meaning my CN of 16XX would have been safe?

Actually, it's good news for AF region to have a case AF45XXX. The case in question should be safe, unless it's charged to a country like Egypt.

The OC numbers are horrible.

I'm not sure I understand why that is good news for the region?

Britsimon, is there a reason as to why the OC had such a high number of selectees in DV2015, but still only finished up around CN 1490 compared to the recent years that went current - meaning my CN of 16XX would have been safe?

In DV2015 they "over selected" - i.e. selected more than they needed. They do that to make sure they have enough selectees that want to proceed and get approved. In that year there were about 3500 OC selectees (including derivatives and the highest selected number was OC23XX. They stopped inviting people for interview under 1490 when they judged they had "enough" people to fill the quota. We don't know yet why they appear to have repeated that this year - but there is obviously "some" risk at your number and above.

I'm not sure I understand why that is good news for the region?
I can't see any advantage in grossly underselecting a region – thousands of unused visas?
I would like to see AF at 23k again, instead of the 19k something in DV-2016. And DV-2017 could be worse than that!

Last edited:
Hi everyone - clarity question please .... for DV-2018 do I even start the DS-260 process before fiscal year 2018 starts (after Oct 1 this year)? OR do I need to have everything lodged by 30 Sept 2017? I am confused by timing ..... and I need to make a decision about whether to apply as an AoS or CP as my current E3 expires in Feb 2018 .....and if I am unlikely to get an interview before that date, am concerned about having an expired Visa ... :) Thanks!

Just looked up the statistics for AF.
DV2015 19,700 visas
DV2016 20,700 visas

DV-2016 needed case numbers up to 56,000 to get to 20,700 visas. :(

Always wonder the quota 50,000. Does it include dependents (Spouse, kids) or just simply the applicants? Cause sometime a husband participate the lottery but wife did not. However, they both went to interview and approve. Does this count 2 heads out from the quota or just 1?

Always wonder the quota 50,000. Does it include dependents (Spouse, kids) or just simply the applicants? Cause sometime a husband participate the lottery but wife did not. However, they both went to interview and approve. Does this count 2 heads out from the quota or just 1?
It counts 2. Dependents are included.

It includes everyone who gets a visa, so yes derivatives are included in that number.
50k is a "soft" limit, 55k is the hard one...due at some stage to 5k DV visas annually being diverted for a particular group (look up NACARA) who hardly ever use it. Actual visa issuance is usually somewhere between those two numbers.

The other is the current comes faster these two years in Asia region.
Any thoughts? Is that because they reduce the selecttee number in Asia?

R7dCjta.png

Hi all, I am from Turkey and got selected on DV2018 and my case number is 2018EU00028XXX. I have no idea if 28XXX is a high or a good enough number for EU. Any thoughts?

I am currently unmarried, I have a fiance and we want to get married before submitting the DS 260. Approximately, how much time we have until I submit the DS 260? Do we need to hurry and submit it next week, or we are still safe for the next month.

Based on past EU selections, when (in which months) do you think we might get a interview date?

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for the great information shared. Good luck to all winners and to all applications will try again for the next year.