• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Thanks for your advice guys! Partner didn't receive an email - he just emailed me his details so I was mistaken
Do you know if you can travel to the usa while waiting for the greencard processing? One attorney has advised me not to in Case of being turned away at border

What type of law does your attorney practice? Animal pre-nups?

Plenty of people have travelled to the USA before and after being selected in the DV lottery, and before and after submitting the DS260.

If you are travelling on a visa waiver or on a visitors visa (like B1/B2) that is already issued, the DV win won't even come up.

If you had submitted your DS260 and then applied for a B1 or similar, the DS260 could cause complication to that new application.

Just want to share my DS-260 unlock experience, I email KCC on 7th May with enquiry till today havnt heard back from them. Finally I got my answers from this forum so I decided to send another email to KCC to unlock my form yesterday and this morning I got reply that my form is being unlocked.
Email Subject: Unlock DS-260 Case Number : xxxxx
Email body:
case number : XXXXX
Name : XXXX
DOB: XXXX

Please unlock my DS-260. Thanks

Maybe they unlock them in batches? I emailed yesterday morning and got a response this morning.

I'm considering something - I have one more subject of my master's to complete, which should be done by late July. Given my number is in the 700s, I'm thinking about leaving my form open until then. I'm think it'll be easier to list the masters completed this year rather than the graduate diploma completed five years ago (as the masters pretty much makes the grad dip irrelevant). Or would / should I still list both? Does it even matter?

I am trying out to win the award for dumbest question asked lol

With the number of education instituations attend, (highest i've done is high school) I attended one school for primary school but then a different school for high school. So would the correct answer be two *or* are they only asking how many institutions I attended for high school in which case my answer would be 1?

Yep I know I'm over analysing

Another selectee here. CN 4XX. Was just doing some research on what to expect and came across this forum. I am really excited to be going on this journey with you all. Hopefully we can all organise a meet up somewhere when we all immigrate.
I also left out some university information on my DS260 as I didn't complete the degree I started. I did include full high school and diploma information. Should i unlock my form and add the university information?

Another selectee here. CN 4XX. Was just doing some research on what to expect and came across this forum. I am really excited to be going on this journey with you all. Hopefully we can all organise a meet up somewhere when we all immigrate.
I also left out some university information on my DS260 as I didn't complete the degree I started. I did include full high school and diploma information. Should i unlock my form and add the university information?

Yes.

I am trying out to win the award for dumbest question asked lol

With the number of education instituations attend, (highest i've done is high school) I attended one school for primary school but then a different school for high school. So would the correct answer be two *or* are they only asking how many institutions I attended for high school in which case my answer would be 1?

Yep I know I'm over analysing

List them both if you like. They really only want secondary.

And yes, you are overthinking...

Just a piece of advice for everyone at the moment... unless you are likely to interview in October / November and you want to interview in those months, take your time with the DS260. There are no prizes for submitting it quickly. You don't get interviewed faster if you submit it now.

Thank you for reaffirming this. I just had someone on the Australians in LA FB group try to convince me that interviews are scheduled by the order you submit the DS260 and I'll miss out unless I submit it riGHT THIS VERY SECOND, OMG!1!!!11!!

I was fairly certain I was right anyway but it's good to know for sure. ;)

So i have number 4xx do i have to wait to do the ds260 or can i go do it now.. and where do i go to do it. Im sure its been answered but i cant seem to find it.

I went ahead and did mine quickly! Though I think im in the likely early interview gang as my number is quite a lot below 100.

Change of subject (hope this is allowed):
I've been really struggling to find some guides/experiences of people moving their lives to the USA, things to think about, finding work (as a somewhat professional), things that are better or worse in the USA vs Australia. Has anyone come across any interesting sources for this type of stuff?

Change of subject (hope this is allowed):
I've been really struggling to find some guides/experiences of people moving their lives to the USA, things to think about, finding work (as a somewhat professional), things that are better or worse in the USA vs Australia. Has anyone come across any interesting sources for this type of stuff?

I found immovingtola.com helpful- while it's obviously LA-centric, it does have some good tips for dealing with some cultural differences.
One of the guys from one of the previous DV cycles (maybe DV2014?) has a blog- crawfinusa.com - which contains interesting perspectives re: the job search for professionals (I found this very helpful as I'm in the same kind of field as he is). I'll dig up some more for you tomorrow- I've been saving websites and blogs in this vein for two years now. :)

Reactions: Pog
So where to go to do it

You can access your DS-260 by going to the Consular Electronic Application Centre (ceac.state.gov/ceac) and entering your DV case number. I would first suggest reading through the official Diversity Visa Process guide if you haven't done so already—it's linked on your confirmation letter. :)

For those asking about references of people who have gone through the experience, my friend Adrian writes a fantastic blog: crawfinusa.com. Funnily enough, we met on a flight to LA - his flight to activate his PR status and make the big move after winning the DV lottery, but it turned out we had some very close mutual friends and we spent the entire non-stop flight to LA chatting up a storm on the flight (and possibly drinking them out of all alcohol) - we've been mates ever since. He's a wealth of knowledge, very helpful, and all round just a fantastic fella. I highly recommend the blog, and ask away if you have questions. He a typical Aussie bloke with a good head on his shoulders.

Right the letter of course. Haha. Thanks. I didnt realise you need an address in the states to send your greencard

Right the letter of course. Haha. Thanks. I didnt realise you need an address in the states to send your greencard

Yeah, that letter! You better be sure to carefully go over it and click on all the clickable links it contains. It will safe you a load of headache.

Thank you for reaffirming this. I just had someone on the Australians in LA FB group try to convince me that interviews are scheduled by the order you submit the DS260 and I'll miss out unless I submit it riGHT THIS VERY SECOND, OMG!1!!!11!!

I was fairly certain I was right anyway but it's good to know for sure. ;)

How to people come up with this bad info???