• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

Often cases show AP shortly after a successful interview. Thios lasts for a day or two before the status is updated to "Issued".

Hello Simon,
You were right, my status has just been updated to "Issued". No need for me to panic... Thank you!! :D

Hi every one,, unfortunately:( today I take the risk and take my family, went to the US embassy (Riyadh-ksa) as our interview dated today, although trump orders, but i got my name already listed on the security list , I'm from Sudan, (the 7 country ban), any how the counselor informed me to bring certificate from my company showing the exact duty day today, during the experience period 4years, I will try to get it from my company, the issue was the first guy informed me to pay only for me instead of all the family as he noticed maybe I will not be qualify for immigrant due of the certificate of
experience for 4 years not mentioning what I'm doing exactly, so I pay only for me to decrease the lose if the consul found me ineligible !! Any how, they return my passport and original birth cirtefecat only, and kept all the others original paper and informed me to send the certificate which showing my tasks through (the post office), signed from my supervisor and direct manager!!
Even I don't know is this one should be authenticated from MOF as the experience certificate or not?!
Anyhow I think this thread will be for the AP cases 2017 if its not there.

Reactions: Eby
Hi every one,, unfortunately:( today I take the risk and take my family, went to the US embassy (Riyadh-ksa) as our interview dated today, although trump orders, but i got my name already listed on the security list , I'm from Sudan, (the 7 country ban), any how the counselor informed me to bring certificate from my company showing the exact duty day today, during the experience period 4years, I will try to get it from my company, the issue was the first guy informed me to pay only for me instead of all the family as he noticed maybe I will not be qualify for immigrant due of the certificate of
experience for 4 years not mentioning what I'm doing exactly, so I pay only for me to decrease the lose if the consul found me ineligible !! Any how, they return my passport and original birth cirtefecat only, and kept all the others original paper and informed me to send the certificate which showing my tasks through (the post office), signed from my supervisor and direct manager!!
Even I don't know is this one should be authenticated from MOF as the experience certificate or not?!
Anyhow I think this thread will be for the AP cases 2017 if its not there.
You will need to qualify through work experience, as you don't hold US equivalent High School degree? Is this the issue?

but this is weird to ask something like that.... in my case i've changed my work many times and now im about to join new company

what shall i do in this case?

but this is weird to ask something like that.... in my case i've changed my work many times and now im about to join new company

what shall i do in this case?

There's nothing weird in what they've asked for. Qualifying through work experience can be hard. It is not as straight forward as qualifying via a successful completion of HS equivalent to US HS, and they can ask for anything they consider pertinent to prove one qualifies via work experience.

Dears I have one Q , if I'm from Sudan, and resident in ksa since 2002, and since that time I didn't live anywhere for more than 6 monthes even my home country , shall I make police clearance from sudan also!! I already have one from here Ksa but I noticed the CO mentioned and asking me about (police record from sudan) during the interview but he passed it away.
Finally he asking only for another paper from my current company, already I submitted to the embassy, but I'm a afraid they will asking it again officially, could they ask about it although they didn't mentioned it in the rejected paper?!?

Dears I have one Q , if I'm from Sudan, and resident in ksa since 2002, and since that time I didn't live anywhere for more than 6 monthes even my home country , shall I make police clearance from sudan also!! I already have one from here Ksa but I noticed the CO mentioned and asking me about (police record from sudan) during the interview but he passed it away.
Finally he asking only for another paper from my current company, already I submitted to the embassy, but I'm a afraid they will asking it again officially, could they ask about it although they didn't mentioned it in the rejected paper?!?

Hmm! Looks like you haven't paid attention to all the information you came across. I'm assuming you at least lived in your home country until you turned 16, which means you do need the PCC from your home country.

For those who get AP please could you type what you get from the CO in the (Refusal worksheet), in mine they marked on Section 221 (g):

please provide a letter from your current and prior employer stating your job title and describing in detail your job responsibilities and the length of your employment service.

For those who get AP please could you type what you get from the CO in the (Refusal worksheet), in mine they marked on Section 221 (g):

please provide a letter from your current and prior employer stating your job title and describing in detail your job responsibilities and the length of your employment service.

Your AP Thread has been merged with the already existing 2017 AP Thread.

I need to know is the explanation in the (Refusal worksheet) is standard or its deferential from case to case?!

Yesterday, went again to the embassy , 2 days ago I send email to them to interview my family as I want them to follow me after I land there and prepare apartment and check for kids school, etc.. they scheduled an interview in second day, then I informed the guy there my case on AP due missing one paper I mailed it already, he say yes we got it and I found my passport also,then we meet another CO not the first one, any how this was kindest person I have met :) few Q then he say OK welcome to US :eek: I didn't believe it, they return any original papers and kept the passports for me and family, they informed me they will contact me in a week to collect all of them!! Till now I can't believe it that's we make it, I keep checking the CEAC and still my case under AP, when it should be changed to be anything else this AP?!:D:D

Yesterday, went again to the embassy , 2 days ago I send email to them to interview my family as I want them to follow me after I land there and prepare apartment and check for kids school, etc.. they scheduled an interview in second day, then I informed the guy there my case on AP due missing one paper I mailed it already, he say yes we got it and I found my passport also,then we meet another CO not the first one, any how this was kindest person I have met :) few Q then he say OK welcome to US :eek: I didn't believe it, they return any original papers and kept the passports for me and family, they informed me they will contact me in a week to collect all of them!! Till now I can't believe it that's we make it, I keep checking the CEAC and still my case under AP, when it should be changed to be anything else this AP?!:D:D

That sounds really good!!!
It will contimue to say AP until the visas are actually in your passports, in which instance it will turn to ISSUED.
Then, get yourself to the US as fast as you can. It looks like the new executive order will allow in people who have approved visas already, but if I were you I would just get myself there as fast as possible given the current context...

congratulation bro thats really good it went smooth like you mentioned .. u did what it have to do now wait for ur passport and visa