• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

Hello Everybody, Hi to Mr. Simon

I'm a new member. At first i thank you all for this wonderful website.

I need your advises please.

Last year in Nov. 2016 for the first time in my life i filled the DVS lottery online application form.
I don't know what i must to say Congradts of say what a expensive Joke.

I was the winner DVS in 2016 . (i'm married and i have a daughter , 21 years old / when we registerd the DVS at november 2016 . she was 20 years old. )
We did for medical test,, That was really very very expensive and paid cash. ! about 1000 euro.
last week we went for interview , we must to wait very long there. At first showed all Interview letters , my orginal identity card ( They knewwhat that named :" Shenas nameh " ). !

but that was very strange. we paid the money ( cash / about 1000 euro ) ,
they send us to another loket and this person asked us take the right hand high and tell everything in truth...
we must to wait till the last person at the loket there.

At the last minute , there was any consulant or no more any person there,
At last an another consulant ( not the first person ) told us, your application was wrong, you are from Iran , that must be fill in ASIA region not Europe. !!!!!!!
Ofcourse Everybody knows that Iran is in Asia territory region.
I can get their means, We living in Nederland , this is a Europe region or not ?
We were born in Iran, but my daughter born in Holland.
Anyway i really don't know if i did that mistake in online application, but we have all Dutch passport and i'm living here about the half of life.
They gave us a letter - Administration Proces - 221 g .. , and they told us " there is no possible for you to take a Green Card....... Good Bye " .

How is that possible, if i was wrong in application form there, how they send us all these proces and paying there and in last second tell us NO.
i was really angry and i say , that's impossible to do, i make a calim report. But that persons laugh me and said go on. ....

May you help me please, if i can to do something here . Or DVS 2016 will be great JOKE in my life.
Interact

I'm sorry your case got denied following all the expenses you've incurred for the DV process. It's unfortunate you did not find this forum to discuss your case before spending all that money, we would have told you not to bother because you will be denied.

You made a big mistake during the eDV registration. You charged to Holland on the basis of your having Dutch passports, that citizenship is irrelevant for the DV process. You're supposed to be charged to your place of birth, Iran, in your case which would have placed you in the AS region and not EU.

It is not their fault that you did not read/follow the instructions when you submitted your eDV registration. They're not supposed to look at your name and use that to determine you've charged to the wrong region and shouldn't continue. They can only deny the case when you go for the interview, and in order to attend the interview, yes you need to spend a lot of money. It's unfortunate but nothing can be done about the denial.

Hello. My case is still under administrative process and " U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign executive orders starting on Wednesday that include a temporary ban on most refugees and a suspension of visas for citizens of Syria and six other Middle Eastern and African countries, say congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter."
Do you think this will affect my case?

Hello. My case is still under administrative process and " U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign executive orders starting on Wednesday that include a temporary ban on most refugees and a suspension of visas for citizens of Syria and six other Middle Eastern and African countries, say congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter."
Do you think this will affect my case?
US President Trump is expected to announce restrictions today on visas for people arriving from seven countries - Syria, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Sudan. Are you a citizen of one of the seven countries?

Yes . Iranian
O.K. Tomorrow, Thursday, we will presumably all know specific details as to respective administrative changes forthcoming. Good luck!
PS: the text draft of the executive order seems to call for an immediate 30-day suspension of issuance of all immigrant and non-immigrant visas to travelers from unspecified countries whose presence “would be detrimental to the interests of the United States". But of course the draft might change/be amended before becoming official later this week.

Last edited:
"President Trump on Friday continued his crackdown on illegal immigration, signing sweeping new orders that tighten the country’s refugee and visa policies –suspending almost all refugee admissions for four months and indefinitely barring entry for some Syrians.
The executive order also suspends visa entry into the U.S. from seven countries that have predominately Muslim populations. They include: Syria, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Sudan and Yemen.
The order also creates an “extreme vetting” process for any and all immigrants and visitors to the U.S."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...utive-order-for-extreme-vetting-refugees.html

Now we have confirmed specifics. Undoubtedly, this will impact on the DV immigration program as well.

Folks looking for the full text may read it here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...0b065cbbc150a?ir=Politics&utm_hp_ref=politics

Last edited:
"President Trump on Friday continued his crackdown on illegal immigration, signing sweeping new orders that tighten the country’s refugee and visa policies –suspending almost all refugee admissions for four months and indefinitely barring entry for some Syrians.
The executive order also suspends visa entry into the U.S. from seven countries that have predominately Muslim populations. They include: Syria, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Sudan and Yemen.
The order also creates an “extreme vetting” process for any and all immigrants and visitors to the U.S."

Now we have confirmed specifics. Undoubtedly, this will impact on the DV immigration program as well.

We have the news that he signed it. We don't have the EO yet.

What will happen to my case? I am under AP for almost 3 month and Still pending..
The Executive Order bars for three months any kind of legal immigration from those seven countries. The order also lays out the potential options open for future decision, going forward. This is not good news for your DV case, I am sorry.

Last edited:
What will happen to my case? I am under AP for almost 3 month and Still pending..
In the meantime an official message to all American diplomatic posts around the world has provided instructions about how to treat people from the countries affected: “Effective immediately, halt interviewing and cease issuance and printing” of visas to the United States.
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/...llenges-to-trumps-immigration-order.html?_r=0

This is bad news for everyone directly affected, specifically for F-1 students and DV applicants who work against a defined deadline.

Can someone please tell me whether it is legally possible or not?

Green card holders included in Trump ban: Homeland Security
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15C0KX

What are the rights for US green card holders?
Sure. A legal permanent resident (green card holder) isn't safe from being found inadmissible. If a permanent resident departs the U.S., it's possible for him or her to be found inadmissible upon return. If you hold a green card, one way to avoid this problem is to apply for U.S. citizenship as soon as you become eligible.

The Executive Order bars for three months any kind of legal immigration from those seven countries. The order also lays out the potential options open for future decision, going forward. This is not good news for your DV case, I am sorry.
Thats it?!! I cant believe it. I've done nothing wrong except that I was born in Iran and now my DV case is gone up in flames. It is ridiculously tragic.

Thats it?!! I cant believe it. I've done nothing wrong except that I was born in Iran and now my DV case is gone up in flames. It is ridiculously tragic.

It is tragic. It's also illegal in terms of the immigration law as it stands. I really hope for you this is sorted out before the end of the FY.

Based on instructions that went out to all US Consulate posts today (see above) the Consulate processing your DV application will cease to process your case, until new instructions will be received for all NIV and IV applications from citizens of directly affected countries. Your US Consulate has no choice in this matter. I am sorry for your situation.

Last edited:
Sure. A legal permanent resident (green card holder) isn't safe from being found inadmissible. If a permanent resident departs the U.S., it's possible for him or her to be found inadmissible upon return. If you hold a green card, one way to avoid this problem is to apply for U.S. citizenship as soon as you become eligible.

I'm not talking about the situation when a GC holder breaks the rules by overstaying out of the country or other means of breaking laws. I'm talking about this specific situation and your answer is useless. Sorry.

I'm not talking about the situation when a GC holder breaks the rules by overstaying out of the country or other means of breaking laws. I'm talking about this specific situation and your answer is useless. Sorry.
Sorry you did not like the answer, nevertheless this is the way the system works. Homeland Security has no legal obligations to provide entrance to non-US citizens if and when they find reason not to do so. Having done something "wrong" is not a prerequisite.

Hello everyone,
I had my interview this morning and was told by the CO that everything was ok, she even congratulated me on winning a DV. I had a previous overstay and my lawyer had prepared a letter and all kinds of documents proving I had stayed away from the US for 10 years but she would not look at them and assured me it was irrelevant now as it had all happened well over a decade ago.
But now I find myself on AP, why??

Hello everyone,
I had my interview this morning and was told by the CO that everything was ok, she even congratulated me on winning a DV. I had a previous overstay and my lawyer had prepared a letter and all kinds of documents proving I had stayed away from the US for 10 years but she would not look at them and assured me it was irrelevant now as it had all happened well over a decade ago.
But now I find myself on AP, why??

Often cases show AP shortly after a successful interview. Thios lasts for a day or two before the status is updated to "Issued".