• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Thank You San and Susie for everything ! I know they are gonna fail too but I have no choice ,it's her decision that my aunt want to get interview . Prayer doesn't help ,it's meaningfull word for me as for my aunt.

Love you both Susie and San .
Respect both of you

Then at least tell her to just go in on her own so she doesn't waste too much money...

Yes San! She and her husband and daughter already made medical check and they are ready for the interview but we don know she will get interview alone or 3 of them will go into interview together because my aunt has only one case number of her own.for her husband and daughter they don have case number cos no entry listing ,will embassy tell them to pay interview fee together and join the 3 interview ? So interview member is according to each case numbers or depending on the reference of the family?
I imagine that it's risky for them and also waste much money if they get disqualifica during visa interview .
Thank you San !
Case number is always the same for a family. Normally, all members have to go to the interview and pay the fee for each. In some countries though, if it is clear to COs that a case is non-qualifying, they would ask only the principal to pay the fee.
Are the derivatives listed on her 2NL?

Case number is always the same for a family. Normally, all members have to go to the interview and pay the fee for each. In some countries though, if it is clear to COs that a case is non-qualifying, they would ask only the principal to pay the fee.
Are the derivatives listed on her 2NL?
yes San !
I read in her second letter , there are both husband and daughter list in second letter interview and they may join together in the interview and so they must pay all 3 of 990$ for interview fee ?
That is not small amount in Cambodia , pity them much but they still try , I told my aunt already after I ask you and San few question above and they are so worried .
Hmm . So sad .
Thank San for detail .

yes San !
I read in her second letter , there are both husband and daughter list in second letter interview and they may join together in the interview and so they must pay all 3 of 990$ for interview fee ?
That is not small amount in Cambodia , pity them much but they still try , I told my aunt already after I ask you and San few question above and they are so worried .
Hmm . So sad .
Thank San for detail .

Unfortunately it's a lost cause for your aunt like others have noted. The fact that both the husband and daughter are listed on her 2NL is irrelevant, she submitted the eDV registration claiming a single marital status and without a child when that is not the case.

If the embassy is lenient and considerable, they may ask her to only pay for herself to start with (since they already know they will deny her petition) and continue with the interview, then when she meets with the CO for the actual interview, the case will then formally gets denied.

For an embassy that doesn't care about being considerate, she will be required to pay for all 3 members of the family, then when she meets with the CO, the case gets denied. Either way, she will loose some money, there's no way that she can be approved.

Unfortunately it's a lost cause for your aunt like others have noted. The fact that both the husband and daughter are listed on her 2NL is irrelevant, she submitted the eDV registration claiming a single marital status and without a child when that is not the case.

If the embassy is lenient and considerable, they may ask her to only pay for herself to start with (since they already know they will deny her petition) and continue with the interview, then when she meets with the CO for the actual interview, the case will then formally gets denied.

For an embassy that doesn't care about being considerate, she will be required to pay for all 3 members of the family, then when she meets with the CO, the case gets denied. Either way, she will loose some money, there's no way that she can be approved.
Yes what you say is very correct to what happens to my aunt .sadly the second letter is already in place and ready for the interview .in this point. ,If she is able to cancel the DS-260 form and register for herself as single status only.i think she may have chance to get visa approved but , nothing gonna be like that way.. thank You Sm1 for detailing with my aunt's case .

Yes what you say is very correct to what happens to my aunt .sadly the second letter is already in place and ready for the interview .in this point. ,If she is able to cancel the DS-260 form and register for herself as single status only.i think she may have chance to get visa approved but , nothing gonna be like that way.. thank You Sm1 for detailing with my aunt's case .

Even if she's able to submit a new DS-260 form listing just herself like you're suggesting (which is absolutely impossible), or if she simply went ahead and did the initial DS-260 form without listing her family members, she will still be denied. They have a way of finding out if someone is lying about having family members or not. In that case she will be permanently banned from the U.S., as they will treat her case as a fraudulent misrepresentation.

If in the off chance they do not detect and she gets issued with a visa, she will never be able to bring her family to the U.S. even in the future, and if they find out she lied about them even after getting the GC, the GC will be cancelled, she will be deported and banned from the U.S. for life. So lying or pretending isn't she has no family isn't a solution to the problem either.

Even if she's able to submit a new DS-260 form listing just herself like you're suggesting (which is absolutely impossible), or if she simply went ahead and did the initial DS-260 form without listing her family members, she will still be denied. They have a way of finding out if someone is lying about having family members or not. In that case she will be permanently banned from the U.S., as they will treat her case as a fraudulent misrepresentation.

If in the off chance they do not detect and she gets issued with a visa, she will never be able to bring her family to the U.S. even in the future, and if they find out she lied about them even after getting the GC, the GC will be cancelled, she will be deported and banned from the U.S. for life. So lying or pretending isn't she has no family isn't a solution to the problem either.
thank you Sm1 !
She really has no chance and I can't help her . It's her mistake not to list her family member during the eDV entry cos she asks someone to fill the form for her .
Really thank you for every detail u provide to me and everyone .
God bless u.

Hello

After completion of the form DS-260 is required any other action?
I have completed DS-260 for me and my family (my bride and to children).
After completion of these forms I have received confirmation email where I printed.

Thank you.

Hello

After completion of these forms I have received confirmation email where I printed.

Thank you.
After you submitted , you need to wait for the KCC to review your form and waiting for your Case Number to be current. What is your case number and region ?

You needn't get worried since your case number is in good chance m just wait for the VISA bulletin realeasing in August and then we can know when you are ready for the interview..
I am also winner dv2016 from Cambodia ,Asia , 2016AS108xx , my case is in risky than you a lot.
Anyway you often check here cos here we have lot of good people to help u and us such as. @Britsimon,@sm1 ,@SusieQQQ ,@san
They are so grateful for everyone.

Hello

Thank you.
Did you mean you completed the form for your wife?
Since you said "bride", it is not clear.

You needn't get worried since your case number is in good chance m just wait for the VISA bulletin realeasing in August and then we can know when you are ready for the interview..
I am also winner dv2016 from Cambodia ,Asia , 2016AS108xx , my case is in risky than you a lot.
Anyway you often check here cos here we have lot of good people to help u and us such as. @Britsimon,@sm1 ,@SusieQQQ ,@san
They are so grateful for everyone.
It is decidedly an honor to be in one sentence with the big three of my heroes.

Because none of the pre-selectees actually got selected? Maybe you're the only one.

They came, they claimed CNs, they disappeared. It was a fun week.
I was the president of the 2016 pre-selection class. However, I have been pursuing a dual-degree, minoring in over-selection of 2015.

As well as yours, my thesis defense on the topic of "Impermanence of the winner phenomena, and General Relativity of CN's magnitude and DV bulletin velocity" is due in mid July.
In my estimation though, your success is slighly more probable than mine.

I was the president of the 2016 pre-selection class. However, I have been pursuing a dual-degree, minoring in over-selection of 2015.

As well as yours, my thesis defense on the topic of "Impermanence of the winner phenomena, and General Relativity of CN's magnitude and DV bulletin velocity" is due in mid July.
In my estimation though, your success is slighly more probable than mine.

Will your thesis also contain a section on the permanence of non-winners. Perhaps also consider covering the area of "the annoyance factor of 'whim' entries on serious long time entrants"