• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

I am as curious as Susie About DRC!
4500 selectees implies that roughly 180k applicants entered the lottery.
Then only one Op who has just opted out.
Interesting topic worth a study.

Thanks@ brit and @susie.
My CN was exactly AF116539 that year.
Why are CN so low this year ? Specially in Africa, where i noticed (since i am reading) CN are all the time between 10xxx and 40xxx. I do not see any CN in Africa exceeding 55xxx. God! Hope all will be fine this time ...
Thanks again.

Thanks@ brit and @susie.
My CN was exactly AF116539 that year.
Why are CN so low this year ? Specially in Africa, where i noticed (since i am reading) CN are all the time between 10xxx and 40xxx. I do not see any CN in Africa exceeding 55xxx. God! Hope all will be fine this time ...
Thanks again.

The highest AF case number this year is 2015AF89799. The difference between the two years is Nigeria. They are excluded from 2015 on, so their entries (and holes) are no longer in the range. So - that accounts for about 25000 difference because Nigeria had enormous numbers of entries (leading to huge numbers of holes).

The highest AF case number this year is 2015AF89799. The difference between the two years is Nigeria. They are excluded from 2015 on, so their entries (and holes) are no longer in the range. So - that accounts for about 25000 difference because Nigeria had enormous numbers of entries (leading to huge numbers of holes).
At least since Nigeria is excluded can't they increase on the speed so that al numbers can get a chance

Nway it seems things are a bit hard cos if these guys are even still crawling in 30s in the AF region yet the 2014-2015 selectees were really many and now u see that low pace it really plummets my intestines. so what will it be in 2015-2016 which has a small number will they even reach 50s and above thus am out of here hope everything goes on#filling my ds 260# and leave everything to the almighty # back to my real life#

So... All my options are:

1. My husband or me win the DV Lotery
2. My husband wins the H1B Lottery
3. We win the actual lottery, invest in something and ask for an E2

All I can hope for is to be lucky? :confused:
Are you both Spanish? because on the off chance that one of you is not (e.g. Chilean, Singaporean or some other nationality you have to check) you also qualify for a little known H1B (called a H1B1) that is not bound by the April ballot and start work October rule. You can apply any time and start any time - there are about 5000 of those around each year and don't think they are every all taken up. You cannot go to the green card route from that visa, but you can transfer from a H1B1 to a H1B later when one becomes available to you, but meanwhile you would be working. I know it is a small chance, but just in case one of you fall into that category.

Are you both Spanish? because on the off chance that one of you is not (e.g. Chilean, Singaporean or some other nationality you have to check) you also qualify for a little known H1B (called a H1B1) that is not bound by the April ballot and start work October rule. You can apply any time and start any time - there are about 5000 of those around each year and don't think they are every all taken up. You cannot go to the green card route from that visa, but you can transfer from a H1B1 to a H1B later when one becomes available to you, but meanwhile you would be working. I know it is a small chance, but just in case one of you fall into that category.

Both Spanish, but thanks :)

hi guys

i got DV selected With 2016AS0001xxxx .... I submitted the DS-260 on May 21st 2015, assuming things will go fine and smooth does anyone knows whene I am suppose to get my interview? regularly how long does it take Kentucky Consular Center to process DS260?

thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
hi guys

i got DV selected With 2016AS0001xxxx .... I submitted the DS-260 on May 21st 2015, assuming things will go fine and smooth does anyone knows whene I am suppose to get my interview? regularly how long does it take Kentucky Consular Center to process DS260?

thank you in advance :)
Your number is highish.
Interview August-September 2016.
It used to take up to 5 months to process DS-260. Now it is more like 2 months.
We do not know how many cases are before and after yours, and the data may not be available until Jan 2016. It will help if you reveal one more digit in your number, is it 10xxx or 11xxx?

Your number is highish.
Interview August-September 2016.
It used to take up to 5 months to process DS-260. Now it is more like 2 months.
We do not know how many cases are before and after yours, and the data may not be available until Jan 2016. It will help if you reveal one more digit in your number, is it 10xxx or 11xxx?

thanks for answering dude... I am wondering how does revieling a digit will help you!!? do you have access on a database or you just follow calculations by your own? o_O my case number 11xxx and thats not high if you consider 80xxx were selected! correct me if I m wrong please

thanks for answering dude... I am wondering how does revieling a digit will help you!!? do you have access on a database or you just follow calculations by your own? o_O my case number 11xxx and thats not high if you consider 80xxx were selected! correct me if I m wrong please

Case numbers differ by region. What is high for one is low for another.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, AS11xxx is on the high side, regardless of the total number of people selected. Like Susie tightly noted above, CNs differ from region to region.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, AS11xxx is on the high side, regardless of the total number of people selected. Like Susie tightly noted above, CNs differ from region to region.

well thanks for the info... wish all of you the best luck ;)