• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

I'm confused about why you all think he has to adopt the boy. The instructions state that stepchildren should be listed. (If he had left his stepson off the entry that would have meant disqualification.) The important thing is that the child was on the entry, even if he was mistakenly put as 'son' rather than 'stepson'. But the answer is yes, correctly show in the DS260 that he is a stepson.
He may need permission from the father to take the child with to the US which is another matter different from what he puts on the DS260 - but I don't see any need for a legal adoption at all.

I guess I misunderstood his question . I think you are right , Does he need just a written consent from the dad allowing him to relocate permanently with the son?
Would it be wise for him to inquire from embassy if that's the only document needed??

Technically he doesn't need consent just to get a visa, only for travelling, however a few embassies have been reported to require consent before issuing the visa so yes it would be a good idea for him to contact the embassy to find out what they require for stepchildren.

Any Ugandan selectee on this page am one of them so we can link thanks and all EA selectees welcome to the tough road to the American dream

Any Kenyan Selectee whose interested in joining our whatsapp group email me mi4ltewhite@gmail.com. currently group has close to 100 members. We share ideas which are beneficial.

The new Thread you created urging people to join your whatsapp group has been deleted. We've tried to be accommodating by not deleting the posts here urging people to join the group. This forum is not a platform for recruiting people to join some other group and should not be used as such. Too bad if there are Kenyan selectees who feel this forum isn't beneficial to them.

The new Thread you created urging people to join your whatsapp group has been deleted. We've tried to be accommodating by not deleting the posts here urging people to join the group. This forum is not a platform for recruiting people to join some other group and should not be used as such. Too bad if there are Kenyan selectees who feel this forum isn't beneficial to them.
If you deserve a visa, You are sure to get it if you stay in this forum.Tested and proven.

Here are the numbers. Your first VB

AFRICA 9,100 Except:
Egypt: 8,000
Ethiopia: 8,000
ASIA 2,800 Except:
Nepal: 2,400
EUROPE 9,150
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 275
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 475

Hi al.....
I happened to fill my ds260 info in all places i have ever lived.....
And i listed the place of birth where i have been living til the year i moved out of that place that is in 2013...
Bt when i was reviewing the my ds260....
It stated 'since turning the age of 16 .....
Pliz advise....iz there any need of requesting the kcc to unlock it ad update the infor starting as from the age of 16....???

Hi al.....
I happened to fill my ds260 info in all places i have ever lived.....
And i listed the place of birth where i have been living til the year i moved out of that place that is in 2013...
Bt when i was reviewing the my ds260....
It stated 'since turning the age of 16 .....
Pliz advise....iz there any need of requesting the kcc to unlock it ad update the infor starting as from the age of 16....???

No. You filled it in correctly. It won't be a problem.