• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

Police Validity expires after 6 months. Quite very early for u to do this. otherwise good luck next year

Some countries have a one year validity regarding PCC, however, you're definitely right in saying getting a PCC now is rather early, especially since the FY hasn't started and there's no clue so far as to how high or low the VBs will be for the 2016 FY.

Actually, this is a broad statement that's been known to put people under AP in the past - the claim that the validity period of PCC from a country you've previously lived really doesn't matter. If you have a higher CN likely to become current next year and you get a PCC from a country you no longer reside at this year, the CO has every right to insist on a more recently issued PCC from that country at the time of your interview, as they have no way of knowing if you've since gone back to that country since the last time you claimed you were there. Don't assume they will simply take your word that you've not gone back at face value.

Actually, this is a broad statement that's been known to put people under AP in the past - the claim that the validity period of PCC from a country you've previously lived really doesn't matter. If you have a higher CN likely to become current next year and you get a PCC from a country you no longer reside at this year, the CO has every right to insist on a more recently issued PCC from that country at the time of your interview, as they have no way of knowing if you've since gone back to that country since the last time you claimed you were there. Don't assume they will simply take your word that you've not gone back at face value.
Thanks very much. I was so misguided. I will reapply again when am almost current. So at least it's six months valid. I don't want to be put on A.P

Some countries have a one year validity regarding PCC, however, you're definitely right in saying getting a PCC now is rather early, especially since the FY hasn't started and there's no clue so far as to how high or low the VBs will be for the 2016 FY.

According to the dv website a police record needs to meet 3 criteria.

What Does the Applicant Submit

The applicant must submit police certificates that meet the following guidelines. The police certificate must:

• Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area.
  • Be issued by the appropriate police authority.
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.
While some COs may put you on AP for a slightly older police record, I would like to assume that as long as the police record covers the entire period of your stay you should be fine. I am not arguing or misleading. In fact my Canadian records are from February and interview is likely in September. I will let you guys know if there will be an issue. As well, I will write to US Embassy Nairobi who are very responsive and clarify the same. I speak only for Nairobi cases as I think they're a little more lenient than other African counterparts.

While some COs may put you on AP for a slightly older police record, I would like to assume that as long as the police record covers the entire period of your stay you should be fine. I am not arguing or misleading. In fact my Canadian records are from February and interview is likely in September. I will let you guys know if there will be an issue.

You should also bear in mind that many countries have expiry dates on their police records. So if you present a record that covers your entire stay but has expired as a valid document, it is entirely possible the CO may still ask you to get a new one. We have heard of cases both where they have accepted an expired one anyway, and where they have put such applicants on AP to get a new one.
Do Canadian police certificates have an expiry date?

According to the dv website a police record needs to meet 3 criteria.

What Does the Applicant Submit

The applicant must submit police certificates that meet the following guidelines. The police certificate must:

• Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area.
  • Be issued by the appropriate police authority.
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.
While some COs may put you on AP for a slightly older police record, I would like to assume that as long as the police record covers the entire period of your stay you should be fine. I am not arguing or misleading. In fact my Canadian records are from February and interview is likely in September. I will let you guys know if there will be an issue. As well, I will write to US Embassy Nairobi who are very responsive and clarify the same. I speak only for Nairobi cases as I think they're a little more lenient than other African counterparts.

In addition to what Susie said above, here's what 9 FAM (the manual that guides the CO) says regarding PCC and other supporting documents being presented for an IV:

9 FAM 42.65 N3 VALIDITY OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND APPLICATION FORM DS-260, ELECTRONIC APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Supporting documents that are subject to change are valid for one year. This time limitation applies to Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, medical examinations, and police certificates from any country visited or inhabited subsequent to the previous clearances. The Form DS-260 is valid for one year from the date of the biometric oath. It does not apply to a birth certificate or a third country clearance or police certificates from an area to which the alien has not returned since its issuance.​

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87888.pdf (p.2)

The fact that the PCC being presented covers the 3 points listed above doesn't mean it has a perpetual life time span validity. Of course PCC from 3rd countries from which one no longer resides is an exception, as stated above in my quote, that exception however is applied at the CO's discretion. We've definitely had reports in this forum of people being put on AP for presenting a PCC more than 1 year old from a 3rd country.

Of course Kenyans are free to attend their interview with older PCC with the mind set that the U.S. Embassy in Kenya is more lenient or do whatever they can to eliminate the possibility of being put on AP

Of course Kenyans are free to attend their interview with older PCC with the mind set that the U.S. Embassy in Kenya is more lenient or do whatever they can to eliminate the possibility of being put on AP

Only added that bit in case someone from Ghana was visiting the post. Like I said, its an opinion and I also agree that a CO has the discretion to accept or reject an application and we shouldn't give them an opportunity, but its not a valid reason for AP or denial.

SusieQQQ the report doesn't have any expiry date. Just date of fingerprinting and date of issue. It will be 8 months old by the time I get an interview..... If I get one.

I also agree that a CO has the discretion to accept or reject an application and we shouldn't give them an opportunity, but its not a valid reason for AP or denial.

As we have seen from some reports here, what we or indeed even the FAM manual thinks is or isn't a valid reason may be changed at the CO's discretion....
Bottom line is that everyone should do everything they can to ensure the least amount of potential problems in their own cases.

Itz better i be open...because i feel my case is different bt not as such ,"I'm a dv2016 selectee, currently serving as a Police Officer in the Kenyan Police. I have a little concern about my case because I guess it's a different one considering I work for the Kenyan government as a law enforcer. So my question is will I be needed to provide extra documentations? Apart from the one's listed on their website. Thank you
Please advise me on past experience if anyone had ever encountered a person of such scenario because as for me its a golden opportunity .....

we had a kenyan couple who went for interview on 4th June.the lady is an AP(Administration police) and the principle applicant she was asked to bring a release letter from her bosses before she can be granted a visa.i dont know if it wil be the same case as you but so far she has resigned waiting for the letter.

we had a kenyan couple who went for interview on 4th June.the lady is an AP(Administration police) and the principle applicant she was asked to bring a release letter from her bosses before she can be granted a visa.i dont know if it wil be the same case as you but so far she has resigned waiting for the letter.
Thangs #liskubs...
That infor its of great help to me because her case itz similar almost to her's...!
According to her and to what u may have heard.....was she approved for visa and then thats when she was asked to bring release letter from her boss ?

Thangs #liskubs...
That infor its of great help to me because her case itz similar almost to her's...!
According to her and to what u may have heard.....was she approved for visa and then thats when she was asked to bring release letter from her boss ?

they put her on AP until she provide the doc.u gav giv me ua number i connect u with her.