• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

Or they figured out that 50% of applicants wont show up at all.

No shows are not 50% - but the backlog growth (response rate) is obvious from DV2015 so it meant they had to go to a high number for October.

Look at it this way.

We know from DV2015 that the fraud holes rate for AF is just over 20%. That rate applies until the first limited countries max out - which is probably after 10000 in DV2016.

So - from the 9100 cases made current in October we should have at least 7000 cases (conservatively).

The initial family rate is probably 1.7 or so - so the 7000 cases made current probably relates to about 12000 of the 45000 AF selectees.

Now, by the end of the year, we know that about 60% of the 45000 will have responded, but right now that 60% number is a lot lower. That is the point. KCC will only want to schedule about 2500 at most of the 12000, the net was cast to 9100 BECAUSE the 60% number is probably only 20% (responses who have completed processing). Responses may be 30 or 40% but the responses must have been processed to be schedulable.

Hopefully that makes it clear why the October number is starting high, and later progression will not be at the same pace. Backlog cases (completing processing) will take up some of the interview slots each month.

my worry is high case numbers but there's no thing we can do to change thus only God knows where this will end. thus let's just pray for our fiscal year guys

my worry is high case numbers but there's no thing we can do to change thus only God knows where this will end. thus let's just pray for our fiscal year guys
There is a lot needed to create awareness about High case numbers because have seen many winners commit suicide over this.many Think that winning dv lottery thus it but it comes with many challenges that we as dv pioneer need to address in order to help newbies who are coming as applicants.

There is a lot needed to create awareness about High case numbers because have seen many winners commit suicide over this.many Think that winning dv lottery thus it but it comes with many challenges that we as dv pioneer need to address in order to help newbies who are coming as applicants.

Oh, the hysteria approach? "Many" winners have committed suicide over this, really? Can we have some proof of your wild claim?

If you'd bothered to read this site you'll see we already have experts to help the newbies. So far what you have added is wild unsubstantiated claims, that is not being a "pioneer".

Oh PuhhhLEEEEEZ!

Would you like to change your profile name? I think it may confuse some people into thinking you know what you are talking about.

As moderators, we will make the determination as to who gets banned or not as at when appropriate. We appreciate members leaving the forum moderating to us. Thank you.

Okey @Sm1smom i just asked a question to indeed understand the moderation of the forum and gave my own opinion and don't give any moderations, thank you for understanding.

Hello good people. Am a new member in this forum, finding it very informative. Kindly someone assist with info on DV 2016 selectees interview, how should i know of my appointment? has anyone been booked yet? have completed my DS 260 successively but when i subsequently try to check on Visa application status am not able to access as i get a response my Case Number is invalid, anyone with similar hitch? Could it because have not yet attended an interview? any helpful response will be appreciated.

Hello good people. Am a new member in this forum, finding it very informative. Kindly someone assist with info on DV 2016 selectees interview, how should i know of my appointment? has anyone been booked yet? have completed my DS 260 successively but when i subsequently try to check on Visa application status am not able to access as i get a response my Case Number is invalid, anyone with similar hitch? Could it because have not yet attended an interview? any helpful response will be appreciated.
first of all what is your case number

first of all what is your case number
Case number 2016AF00021*** hope this will be helpful. someone advised me it could be among the first lot

Case number 2016AF00021*** hope this will be helpful. someone advised me it could be among the first lot

Presently they are at 13,000 for November. In MY estimates, I like to think they move by 5,000 a month so I should assume January or February for you, but that is just me. It is a guess. Keep coming back here to see when your number goes current. Meanwhile ensure your ds 260 is sunmitted, get your original birth certificates, school records and police records in order as you wait...

Case number 21*** hope this will be helpful. someone advised me it could be among the first lot

Presently they are at 13,000 for November. In MY estimates, I like to think they move by 5,000 a month so I should assume January or February for you, but that is just me. It is a guess. Keep coming back here to see when your number goes current. Meanwhile ensure your ds 260 is sunmitted, get your original birth certificates, school records and police records in order as you wait...
Thanks a lot, that's useful info. Will i be notified of my interview via email? do they send email specific for sectees for interview schedule? .At the time of filling my DS 260 my passport wasn't ready thus i didn't provide any info of passport details. Is it necessary for me to write a mail requesting for that change in my DS 260 before my interview? or i can provide my passport details, number, during the interview?

If you have your passport details now, I would unlock the DS260 and put the number in.

When your case becomes current, KCC will send you an email to say that there is an update on your case. You then log into the same website you logged into to find out if you had won and your second notification letter will be there, along with instructions.

If you have your passport details now, I would unlock the DS260 and put the number in.

When your case becomes current, KCC will send you an email to say that there is an update on your case. You then log into the same website you logged into to find out if you had won and your second notification letter will be there, along with instructions.
Thanks Emily!

Hi family. Something crossed my mind, I have 2 children with my hubby problem is my firstborn who happens to be a boy was named after the grandfather of my hubby on his mothers side. He has two English names and the grandfather name so the family name does not appear on his birth cert. This is not the norm as a son is named after the father of the father and then the family name. (hope you understand) My concern is will the Embassy have doubt's concerning his paternity considering the facts that I was young at his time of his birth and the name issue? We don't wanna be put on AP because we will be among the last group to wrap the year(hopefully) so there no time. Should I consider changing his name on the birth cert? Is it possible and what's the procedure?

@Britsimon @USAmommy @sussie is it something I should be concerned with? Need your advice regarding this matter. Thanks in advance.

Hi family. Something crossed my mind, I have 2 children with my hubby problem is my firstborn who happens to be a boy was named after the grandfather of my hubby on his mothers side. He has two English names and the grandfather name so the family name does not appear on his birth cert. This is not the norm as a son is named after the father of the father and then the family name. (hope you understand) My concern is will the Embassy have doubt's concerning his paternity considering the facts that I was young at his time of his birth and the name issue? We don't wanna be put on AP because we will be among the last group to wrap the year(hopefully) so there no time. Should I consider changing his name on the birth cert? Is it possible and what's the procedure?

@Britsimon @USAmommy @sussie is it something I should be concerned with? Need your advice regarding this matter. Thanks in advance.

1. Did you list him on your initial application?
2. In the birth certificate, there is specifically a place that states Father's Name and Mother's Name. In these spaces are you and your husband listed?

If your answer is yes for both questions, you have nothing to worry about.