• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

@jessy30,

Please stop posting the same question all over the forum. You created a Thread for your question(s), Simon already answered. What's the point of posting same on this Thread again after that?

I believe you are all fine.I have already submitted my family DS forms problem is my children do not have passports yet.Will I have to email the Kentucky to request unlocking so that I can update the information or just leave it?TIA

I believe you are all fine.I have already submitted my family DS forms problem is my children do not have passports yet.Will I have to email the Kentucky to request unlocking so that I can update the information or just leave it?TIA
After getting passports unlock Ds260 and update info. You have to do that soonest

CASE NO: 2016AF00049***
Checked Status: 08/05/2015
DS 260 Sent: 19/05/2015
Medical: ……………..….
Police: ..…………………..
Interviews: ……………….
POE: NJ

I applied for DV for my friend and he was selected case no. 13***. He was single when he applied for Dv but now wants to add his wife. The problem came when he was filling the online forms, DS 260. when he added his wife, the system locked him up and put the status of his spouse as "UNDER REVIEW"
What does that mean? please reply

I applied for DV for my friend and he was selected case no. 13***. He was single when he applied for Dv but now wants to add his wife. The problem came when he was filling the online forms, DS 260. when he added his wife, the system locked him up and put the status of his spouse as "UNDER REVIEW"
What does that mean? please reply
Probably the system has been re programmed to compare originally submitted information against what you fill in the DS 260, just a guess.
Certainly one is free to marry at any time and a lot of guys who, prove at interview that they got into genuine marriages after entering the lottery get the visas. Contact KCC.

C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS
WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2015 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 50,000
ASIA 7,650 Except:
Nepal: 7,150
EUROPE 43,050
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 8
OCEANIA 1,490
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 1,350

Hi all,
I have few questions and answering them would really be of help to me.

I am a selected for the year 2016 with a CN of 2016AF00045*** is this a good number and when do i expect to be interviewed, keep in mind i haven't started the whole online process since i have no passport.
Also i was married through the customary way and in Kenya the law states that from June 2014 all customary marriages need to have certificates, hence i will have to look for one to be safe in the interview. Will i have to backdate it to show when i was married?
Also i have a stepson and in the initial application form i wrote that he is my son will i have to change it in the DV260 form as stepson or what should i say?

Hello, you have to provide documentation at the embassy during your interview to show you have adopted your son. Adoption process in Kenya takes a period of six months and will cost you approximately 1200 dollars, that's 150k. To acquire all necessary documents.
On Marriage Sheria House don't backdate at all it's against the law. You don't Have to worry about this. On your certificate they will indicate you were customary married, and it's acceptable at interview.
Your case number is probably safe, but if you look at this year's visa bulletin, then your interview might be next year Sept,. But I guess it's too early to know we have to wait and see.
On the Ds260 you will just state he is your son, and on your interview then it's where you will state he is your step son. Chances are high you might be put on A.P cause they have to verify all adoption documents.
Good luck with the process. Am also a Kenya Selectee 35xxx. Patiently waiting.

Hello, you have to provide documentation at the embassy during your interview to show you have adopted your son. Adoption process in Kenya takes a period of six months and will cost you approximately 1200 dollars, that's 150k. To acquire all necessary documents.
On Marriage Sheria House don't backdate at all it's against the law. You don't Have to worry about this. On your certificate they will indicate you were customary married, and it's acceptable at interview.
Your case number is probably safe, but if you look at this year's visa bulletin, then your interview might be next year Sept,. But I guess it's too early to know we have to wait and see.
On the Ds260 you will just state he is your son, and on your interview then it's where you will state he is your step son. Chances are high you might be put on A.P cause they have to verify all adoption documents.
Good luck with the process. Am also a Kenya Selectee 35xxx. Patiently waiting.
Thats true Uptown and he has to get the documents right otherwise you might be denied Visa on those grounds

Hi all,

I am a selected for the year 2016 with a CN of 2016AF00045*** is this a good number and when do i expect to be interviewed, keep in mind i haven't started the whole online process since i have no passport.
Also i was married through the customary way and in Kenya the law states that from June 2014 all customary marriages need to have certificates, hence i will have to look for one to be safe in the interview. Will i have to backdate it to show when i was married?
Also i have a stepson and in the initial application form i wrote that he is my son will i have to change it in the DV260 form as stepson or what should i say?
On your initial application " Did you indicate you were married, and did you fill in your son's details. "
Assuming you are current in September next year and they put you on A. P to verify adoption documents am a bit worried you might lose visa slot. I know of someone who had a similar case to yours, and he was put on A. P to verify adoption documents in the month of July 2014 , and time run out. But all cases are different, this should discourage you it's down to the co

Last edited:
Hi all,

In your initial application if you indicated he is your stepson, I guess It's better you start this process early, It's time consuming. It's an issue you have to file in highcourt and maybe acquire consent of son's father.