• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi there
I want to ask quick question.

I sent my package 02/29/16 in lockbox and i got the receipt notices. Then i got fingerprint letter and i did it 04/18/16. After then i just painfull waiting. i made i-765 - i 131 and i 485.

When i checked timeliness who want the i765 they got before 90 days. About my case just still "case was received " message. Should i make online request about that?

Hi there
I want to ask quick question.

I sent my package 02/29/16 in lockbox and i got the receipt notices. Then i got fingerprint letter and i did it 04/18/16. After then i just painfull waiting. i made i-765 - i 131 and i 485.

When i checked timeliness who want the i765 they got before 90 days. About my case just still "case was received " message. Should i make online request about that?

Yes do a case inquiry.

I've been trying to book an Infopass appointment for over a week, but it always says
At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.
Is it possible to go to another field office? Is it normal for them to be booked out for so long?

My husband needs to travel and we still haven't received our greencards, or CPO notice. So have to go in and get a stamp.

I've been trying to book an Infopass appointment for over a week, but it always says
At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.
Is it possible to go to another field office? Is it normal for them to be booked out for so long?

My husband needs to travel and we still haven't received our greencards, or CPO notice. So have to go in and get a stamp.

The secret to getting an INFOPASS appointment with a FO that always seem overbooked is to keep checking daily and at different times (checking more than once a day - morning, afternoon, evening) some last minute openings sometimes show up when people release previously booked appointments.

I don't know if some other FO with no jurisdiction over your case may be willing to issue the temporary stamp - as they may not have access to your file yet - however, you may give it a shot. You can also attempt a walk in at your own FO - I personally would go for this in place of going to some other FO.

The none receipt of your GC is precisely why people shouldn't rush into making travel arrangement when the actual GC hasn't come in yet - like they say, it's not over till it's over!

The secret to getting an INFOPASS appointment with a FO that always seem overbooked is to keep checking daily and at different times (checking more than once a day - morning, afternoon, evening) some last minute openings sometimes show up when people release previously booked appointments.

I don't know if some other FO with no jurisdiction over your case may be willing to issue the temporary stamp - as they may not have access to your file yet - however, you may give it a shot. You can also attempt a walk in at your own FO - I personally would go for this in place of going to some other FO.

The none receipt of your GC is precisely why people shouldn't rush into making travel arrangement when the actual GC hasn't come in yet - like they say, it's not over till it's over!
Thank you :)

I know it's not a great idea to book travel, but he has to go for work, they're insisting.

I'm going to keep checking through the day at different times like suggested.

Hi,

My process went smooth and I got the IL last week and I happy that my interview is in two weeks. The interview letter says that bring completed Affidavit of support with all the W2s and pay stubs of the person signing it. It says that its the form I-864 not I-134. what is the difference between those two forms? I am sure that NOA for the interview is a standard letter that they send out to everyone submitting I-485 so if I have a job and if my spouse have a job offer, do we really need to have a that affidavit of support? The problem is I am kind of having trouble of finding someone to sign for me so was wondering with both having jobs does that really necessary that the FO would make a hold of my case.

I am really grateful for this forum and the spreadsheet. I couldn't have done it without it. Thank you all for that.

Hi,

My process went smooth and I got the IL last week and I happy that my interview is in two weeks. The interview letter says that bring completed Affidavit of support with all the W2s and pay stubs of the person signing it. It says that its the form I-864 not I-134. what is the difference between those two forms? I am sure that NOA for the interview is a standard letter that they send out to everyone submitting I-485 so if I have a job and if my spouse have a job offer, do we really need to have a that affidavit of support? The problem is I am kind of having trouble of finding someone to sign for me so was wondering with both having jobs does that really necessary that the FO would make a hold of my case.

I am really grateful for this forum and the spreadsheet. I couldn't have done it without it. Thank you all for that.

An I-864 is not DV applicable, it's used for a famil sponsored AOS. Your IL is a generic one. If your current income is above the applicable poverty guideline level, coupled with your spouse's pending job offer, you shouldn't need to present an affidavit.

Just wanted to update you guys... and see if I should be doing anything different?

Myself, wife and kids all got our approval letters with Approval date of May 5. I got my green card the next week. A month after approval date, my wife and kids don't have their GC delivered yet.

The notice letter says to call after 3 weeks if cards have not yet arrived. I did that last week and was told to call back in another week as they can't do antying until 4 weeks after approval. So I called today, the rep said they can't check the status of the case as the system was down but they can't do anything until 120 days after receipt of payment. I called back this afternoon and the rep said they can't do anything until 2 months after approval date but I can submit a request at erequest.

3 different answers from 3 different reps... thats ok I am not expecting anything more. I was just following what the notice said to call them if card had not arrived in 3 weeks.

Should I just sit tight? I went to the erequest page and it says "NOTE: Do not submit a request if you have just recently been approved, allow approximately 120 days to receive your new card."

Thanks guy, really looking forward to the final delivery of this journey! But yippee!! its great to have the freedom of permanent residency! :)

Sum1smom,Britsimon, SusieQQQ and All
Guys! I can't thank you enough for your guidance through this whole stressing and patience exercising peocess.
It's long journey but with your help it's short journey:).
I'm thinking how I was going to do all this without your help. I mean filling forms the wrong way, going to interview unprepared, it was going to be a disaster. It's been quite a journey.
All I can say to other guys who are DV winners is, guys listen to the experts like Mom and Simon who walk the road before us and PLEASE don't be stubborn.
After the interview the FO told us that he never did an interview with asylum pending status. He said he was going to review our case but he promised not to sit on it. He really didn't sit on it because a week later we got an asylum interview. While we were still shocked and worried about that, yesterday our status changed to " My Case was Approved".
I really thank everybody who play a part even the guys who were on interview before us. Their experiences helped as well.
Thanks
Hello speedie thanks for the inspired updates
Am sure that i maybe having same case as yours!( dv winner asylum pending)
please would you mind briefing me on the process and the forms in your AOS package?

Just wanted to update you guys... and see if I should be doing anything different?

Myself, wife and kids all got our approval letters with Approval date of May 5. I got my green card the next week. A month after approval date, my wife and kids don't have their GC delivered yet.

The notice letter says to call after 3 weeks if cards have not yet arrived. I did that last week and was told to call back in another week as they can't do antying until 4 weeks after approval. So I called today, the rep said they can't check the status of the case as the system was down but they can't do anything until 120 days after receipt of payment. I called back this afternoon and the rep said they can't do anything until 2 months after approval date but I can submit a request at erequest.

3 different answers from 3 different reps... thats ok I am not expecting anything more. I was just following what the notice said to call them if card had not arrived in 3 weeks.

Should I just sit tight? I went to the erequest page and it says "NOTE: Do not submit a request if you have just recently been approved, allow approximately 120 days to receive your new card."

Thanks guy, really looking forward to the final delivery of this journey! But yippee!! its great to have the freedom of permanent residency! :)

Admittedly GC production is currently taking between 1 - 3 months, but that hasn't been applicable to approved AOS petitions. So the delay is a bit unusual considering you, the main petitioner already received yours.

If I was in your shoes, I would visit my FO under the pretext of getting the I-551 stamp on both wife and kids' passports by telling them we have an upcoming trip out of the country planned. That reassures me they're indeed approved, and the plastic GC can take however long it wants. In addition they may also be able to give an update as to the status of the cards.

Hi,

We've attended the interview 12 days ago. Everything went very well and at the and the interviewer told us that she will run the some "screening" on the same day and if everything is fine she will approve by the end of the same day and we should get the cards in 30 days.

However, 12 days passed and we don't see any status update on the USCIS website. It still shows "Fingerprints fee was received...".
1) Is it possible that we got approved but the online status is not changing?
2) Is it possible to check/query status in some other way?

Thanks!

Hi,

We've attended the interview 12 days ago. Everything went very well and at the and the interviewer told us that she will run the some "screening" on the same day and if everything is fine she will approve by the end of the same day and we should get the cards in 30 days.

However, 12 days passed and we don't see any status update on the USCIS website. It still shows "Fingerprints fee was received...".
1) Is it possible that we got approved but the online status is not changing?
2) Is it possible to check/query status in some other way?

Thanks!

1. Yes, slight possibility.

2. An INFOPASS. However going on an INFOPASS in less than 30 days following the interview is not quite recommended.

Mom can you tell me whats the validity of the medical, I can remember you said it was 6 months but in online I can see its valid for 1 year. (dont get me wrong I just want to be prepared if needed)

Admittedly GC production is currently taking between 1 - 3 months, but that hasn't been applicable to approved AOS petitions. So the delay is a bit unusual considering you, the main petitioner already received yours.

If I was in your shoes, I would visit my FO under the pretext of getting the I-551 stamp on both wife and kids' passports by telling them we have an upcoming trip out of the country planned. That reassures me they're indeed approved, and the plastic GC can take however long it wants. In addition they may also be able to give an update as to the status of the cards.

Thanks. When making the appointment it asks for number of people. Should the whole family go, or just one or two of us adults? Thanks