• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

We return as usual whenever things are not clear to us. A few questions please before we send our package and cross our fingers for the outcome.

1. How many passport size photos do we require for each person.. NB; Spreadsheet info shows its two and I heard some people talk of eight... may be theirs is a different pathway from us which is AOS - G4 to GC

2. Is the employment letter necessary considering this is DV based AOS if my spouse has been working using EAD which is still valid for two years? We have W-2 s and only two income tax transcripts for the two years worked and filed tax returns. We intend to attach derivative's employment letter and pay stubs for financial ability.. Is there any problem if we have documents (e.g Tax transcripts) for only two years as opposed to three years the principal applicant is required to file? I hope you will understand our question..

please assist.

Hi Mom,

We return as usual whenever things are not clear to us. A few questions please before we send our package and cross our fingers for the outcome.

1. How many passport size photos do we require for each person.. NB; Spreadsheet info shows its two and I heard some people talk of eight... may be theirs is a different pathway from us which is AOS - G4 to GC

2. Is the employment letter necessary considering this is DV based AOS if my spouse has been working using EAD which is still valid for two years? We have W-2 s and only two income tax transcripts for the two years worked and filed tax returns. We intend to attach derivative's employment letter and pay stubs for financial ability.. Is there any problem if we have documents (e.g Tax transcripts) for only two years as opposed to three years the principal applicant is required to file? I hope you will understand our question..

please assist.

1. The 2 passport photos noted on the spreadsheet is on the assumption a petitioner is not submitting any other form that requires passport photos outside of the I-485. If you're required to submit other forms, like in your case based on your current status, then you need to follow the instructions on those forms and submit additional photos as required.

2. Including an employment letter is recommended, however you're not obligated to do so. Submit what you have regarding financial ability - the listed 3 years' worth is a guide.

Last question. We are current this month, is there any deadline before which we must submit our AOS package/application?

The only deadline is to be approved by the end of Sept. 30th. There's no submission deadline. However if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't be wasting any more time before sending in the package since your CN is current and there's no guarantee how long the process might take.

Hello Mom and All,

Yesterday at 10am, we (my wife and I) had the interview. Officer was so nice. She went over all single items in forms I-485 and G-325 and verified them with us. At the end, she asked us to give her more evidence that we are living together. I gave him our apartment leasing contract and our shearing bank statement. She approved us on the spot.
At the end, I asked her: did you request the the DV file from KCC and she told us not yet!! She told me: In the morning I just got your package for interview. After that, she smile and told us "I never had DV case before and even I don't know how can I request your file from KCC maybe I need to email KCC"!!
Also, I inform her that KCC needs 4-6 weeks to send the file once FO request the file.
This was all the story.
Either today or tomorrow I am going to call KCC to see if FO request my file or not.
My concern is: delaying on requesting file from KCC resulted in all the visas being used up.

Hello Mom and All,

Yesterday at 10am, we (my wife and I) had the interview. Officer was so nice. She went over all single items in forms I-485 and G-325 and verified them with us. At the end, she asked us to give her more evidence that we are living together. I gave him our apartment leasing contract and our shearing bank statement. She approved us on the spot.
At the end, I asked her: did you request the the DV file from KCC and she told us not yet!! She told me: In the morning I just got your package for interview. After that, she smile and told us "I never had DV case before and even I don't know how can I request your file from KCC maybe I need to email KCC"!!
Also, I inform her that KCC needs 4-6 weeks to send the file once FO request the file.
This was all the story.
Either today or tomorrow I am going to call KCC to see if FO request my file or not.
My concern is: delaying on requesting file from KCC resulted in all the visas being used up.

Congratulations on getting the interview out of the way. And great job attending the interview well prepared with all sorts of backup documents - very thoughtful!

Good thing on asking about the KCC file, however I don't think it was necessary to have told her KCC takes about 4-6 weeks to send the file, it's not always the case. Stop worrying about the possibility of the visas being used up, you should be fine.

Congratulations on getting the interview out of the way. And great job attending the interview well prepared with all sorts of backup documents - very thoughtful!

Good thing on asking about the KCC file, however I don't think it was necessary to have told her KCC takes about 4-6 weeks to send the file, it's not always the case. Stop worrying about the possibility of the visas being used up, you should be fine.

Thanks MOM,
We learned all these tips from you. I really really appreciate you for helping and supporting.

Sum1smom,Britsimon, SusieQQQ and All
Guys! I can't thank you enough for your guidance through this whole stressing and patience exercising peocess.
It's long journey but with your help it's short journey:).
I'm thinking how I was going to do all this without your help. I mean filling forms the wrong way, going to interview unprepared, it was going to be a disaster. It's been quite a journey.
All I can say to other guys who are DV winners is, guys listen to the experts like Mom and Simon who walk the road before us and PLEASE don't be stubborn.
After the interview the FO told us that he never did an interview with asylum pending status. He said he was going to review our case but he promised not to sit on it. He really didn't sit on it because a week later we got an asylum interview. While we were still shocked and worried about that, yesterday our status changed to " My Case was Approved".
I really thank everybody who play a part even the guys who were on interview before us. Their experiences helped as well.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sum1smom,Britsimon, SusieQQQ and All
Guys! I can't thank you enough for your guidance through this whole stressing and patience exercising peocess.
It's long journey but with your help it's short journey:).
I'm thinking how I was going to do all this without your help. I mean filling forms the wrong way, going to interview unprepared, it was going to be a disaster. It's been quite a journey.
All I can say to other guys who are DV winners is, guys listen to the experts like Mom and Simon who walk the road before us and PLEASE don't be stubborn.
After the interview the FO told us that he never did an interview with asylum pending status. He said he was going to review our case but he promised not to sit on it. He really didn't sit on it because a week later we got an asylum interview. While we were still shocked and worried about that, yesterday our status changed to " My Case was Approved".
I really thank everybody who play a part even the guys who were on interview before us. Their experiences helped as well.
Thanks

F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. news! Congratulations.

@Sm1smom
Oh mom! Without your help I don't know how we were going to manage all this. There were times were I would ask the same question over and over and you like :mad: then after a second you like;).
Thank you soooo much :D:D:D

@Sm1smom
Oh mom! Without your help I don't know how we were going to manage all this. There were times were I would ask the same question over and over and you like :mad: then after a second you like;).
Thank you soooo much :D:D:D

Ha ha ha - great description!

Now, I suggest you still show up for the asylum interview though. Let them know you have another approval and request to withdraw the asylum petition.

Hi mom
I have one quick question regarding the medical form.
I have done mine in oct 2015 and they sent back bec the dr forgot to fill blanks
Is the medical report good for 6 months or one year. I went back tried to some the blood test again but they will take aweek
Can I just use the old results? Or use the old one and fill what is missing with the Dr signature and seal it with envelope?

Hi mom
I have one quick question regarding the medical form.
I have done mine in oct 2015 and they sent back bec the dr forgot to fill blanks
Is the medical report good for 6 months or one year. I went back tried to some the blood test again but they will take aweek
Can I just use the old results? Or use the old one and fill what is missing with the Dr signature and seal it with envelope?

Technically speaking, the medical is only valid for 6 months. However, AFAIK, for DV petitioners the IOs haven't been enforcing the 6 months validity requirement. So I'm guessing you can get the Dr to fill out the missing sections on the old one, the Dr should sign and seal it up - and you can mail it back.

I did my interview today and it was all positive
went so smooth without a single interruption or weirdo questions. The IO was so calm, gentle, knowledgeable and professional!
we got there 20 mins earlier to our time he interviewed all of us (wife, Son & I) and it took us 20 mins to be OUT of the door. He asked about the Y/N Questions and a bit of worm-up talks!
He said he would approve it right away if the KCC have had the visas released but he sent them a request to release the visas and give the final approval "Unless" they asked for more documents and waiting for their action now (Is that normal?)
He said if we haven't got any reply in 30 day we have to infopass by the office to check-up.
- mom/simon, i need your input in this, is it all usual or i have to be worried?

Last edited:
I did my interview today and it was all positive
went so smooth without a single interruption or weirdo questions. The IO was so calm, gentle, knowledgeable and professional!
we got there 20 mins earlier to our time he interviewed all of us (wife, Son & I) and it took us 20 mins to be OUT of the door. He asked about the Y/N Questions and a bit of worm-up talks!
He said he would approve it right away if the KCC have had the visas released but he sent them a request to release the visas and give the final approval "Unless" they asked for more documents and waiting for their action now (Is that normal?)
He said if we haven't got any reply in 30 day we have to infopass by the office to check-up.
- mom/simon, i need your input in this, is it all usual or i have to be worried?

Congratulations and stop stressing. Yes if they need more documents from you in order to approve your case, they will get back to you. Isn't it better for them to contact you and request more evidence that could help your case, than for them to outrightly deny it for lack of evidence? So chill!

Hello Mom and all,
I did my biometric in May 13 and Waiting for interview date, how long do you think it might take to process (for them to schedule my interview) if field office is NY. My No became current in May.

Hello Mom and all,
I did my biometric in May 13 and Waiting for interview date, how long do you think it might take to process (for them to schedule my interview) if field office is NY. My No became current in May.

Please use the DV Timelines spreadsheet to see the reported processing time for the NY FO. The link to the DV Timelines is listed on the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hi Mom and others. I have gone to Infopass two times, today and three weeks ago and have had some informative conversations which I would like to share here.

Three weeks ago: I went to USCIS and told them that I want to submit another I-485 based on my NIW approval. My wife is on I-485 pending status and infopass officer said "it is totally fine for her to apply". But, the officer said that if I apply for another I-485, it will go to Texas center and they will ask here to send whole my current application docs to Texas center, consequently, it puts more delays in my current (DV based) application.
Ultimately she talked to my IO and came back to me that "your IO just said that he will approve your case in few days and please don't apply for the second I-485."

But unfortunately the IO did not approve my case after three weeks and today I went to another infopass to let them know that I am moving to New York and ask them to change my address (I could change it in the website, just wanted to make sure). The infopass officer said that I better not to change address to another city because then they will have to send my package to a new center which will result in more delays, and it is irrelevant to the fact that I have already done my interview. Then he sent an email to my IO and let him know about the situation. Infopass officer mentioned that it is of the IO's interest to approve my case because he will get credit per each case. Ultimately, we concluded to use my friend's address in the current city, and after three weeks I will change the address to the new city. But, at the end he suggested to do another infopass the day before changing the address to the new city.