• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

On Monday me and my husband attended to the interview. They didn't approve us on spot, but this morning we both got this notification "On April 5, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address." This is CPO right? That means we got approved? We didn't get approval notice though. Our wait is over!? Please say YES :)!!!

On Monday me and my husband attended to the interview. They didn't approve us on spot, but this morning we both got this notification "On April 5, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address." This is CPO right? That means we got approved? We didn't get approval notice though. Our wait is over!? Please say YES :)!!!
Congrats! You can toss a glass of champagne now, it is CPO :)

I had my interview 1 month ago but I haven't got any updates on my status. I had an INFOPASS appointment yesterday, they told me that we have request a visa number for you but we haven't got any response from them. What does that mean? and who are "them"? What would be the reason that they haven't respond yet? I see in the spreadsheet that most of people get the CPO few days after the interview.

I'm one of those who waits from October :( I hate a mailbox already since now it's like a job: checking every day if there is any letter...
OU
Don't worry it will come. Did you schedule an infopass. Hang in there, you'll get it.

Hi all,

An update and question from me.

We had our biometrics on March 18, received our interview letter on 1st April and is scheduled in 4 weeks on May 5. Moving along quite nicely!!

I am the primary and wife and 2 kids are dependant. I got 4 separate ILs with 4 different times on the same date. Mine is the first at 7:15 am! Do we all just turn up for 7:15 and would they most likely just do 1 interview with the four of us?

Thank you so much beau!! But my concern is I didn't get approval notice. Is this normal?
I'm no expert [obviously] but if it went directly to CPO from "Fingerprint fee was accepted", you'll probably get the approval letter in a few days and then your card. I mean they wouldn't send you your GC if you weren't approved :) so you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy the fact that you are now green! Congrats again.

OU
Don't worry it will come. Did you schedule an infopass. Hang in there, you'll get it.

we've already have 2 INFOPASSes, now I'm thinking to schedule one more - the third one. At least one good thing - after 5 months waiting we got extension of our O1-status.

I'm no expert [obviously] but if it went directly to CPO from "Fingerprint fee was accepted", you'll probably get the approval letter in a few days and then your card. I mean they wouldn't send you your GC if you weren't approved :) so you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy the fact that you are now green! Congrats again.
Awesome!! Thank you so so much again!

Hi guys, do you know if in the previous years happened to any user in this forum to go over the deadline of September 30? In particular I was wondering this: imagine that a FO sleep until August (any reference to the field office of San Francisco is purely coincidental lmao) and still they need to ask the KCC's file and maybe get the background check/name to be cleared. How can they do that in few weeks, ask SEVIS to generate the Green Card, approve the case and send it to you? Even worse imagine if they ask at the interview more documents because they realize that something is missing to your paperwork... I mean would be crazy to loose the Green Card because THEY are waiting the last moment.

Hi guys, do you know if in the previous years happened to any user in this forum to go over the deadline of September 30? In particular I was wondering this: imagine that a FO sleep until August (any reference to the field office of San Francisco is purely coincidental lmao) and still they need to ask the KCC's file and maybe get the background check/name to be cleared. How can they do that in few weeks, ask SEVIS to generate the Green Card, approve the case and send it to you? Even worse imagine if they ask at the interview more documents because they realize that something is missing to your paperwork... I mean would be crazy to loose the Green Card because THEY are waiting the last moment.
The scenario you describe is hypothetical of course, yet the answer to your question is that based on underlying law no DV Green Card may be issued in case AoS or CP based case approval has not been completed by September 30th.

I'm kind of concerned because looking at other AOS cases (eg employment based) it seems that a non-neglectable number of applicants get stuck on FBI name checks for many months far beyond normal processing times.

Does anybody here know if DV-AOS applicants from previous years (particularly those who filed months ahead of the end of the fiscal year) lost their GC because of this?

The FBI website namecheck FAQ points out that there are ways agencies can ask for expedite name checks. However I don't know if USCIS actually request them for DV AOS cases.

we've already have 2 INFOPASSes, now I'm thinking to schedule one more - the third one. At least one good thing - after 5 months waiting we got extension of our O1-status.
Nice! You can schedule another one. It doesn't hurt at all.

Not at all. The officer was very nice and helpful, but he seemed to be inexperienced with the DV cases (he said i was the first DV based AOS case he has seen) Although I twice asked him specifically if they received my file from the KCC and if all background/name checks are complete, he gave a general explanation that my case was being processed.

The officer probably wasn't looking at your case file before responding to you with the typical meaningless verbiage, otherwise he/she should have been able to tell you the IL was already mailed out. Anyway, the important thing is you have your IL. Thanks for sharing.

Dear Mom,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Please let me describe my case a little more:
I did my fingerprints on October 15th, and also my interview on January 6th.
Please let me know what should I do at this position. As you recommended me before, I asked my cong. man to pursue my case, and he told me too as it is in background check process, he cannot do anything more.

At interview, the officer told me everything is clear, except BC results. So, please help me what should I do. My interview was done 3 months ago, and fingerprints was 6 month ago.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Like I said before, AFAIK, not much you can do except remain patient and keep following up now and then. They take background checks quite seriously and nobody wants to be responsible for approving someone who shouldn't be approved (not saying you fall in that category). They will do everything necessary to clear you before the end of the FY if there's nothing for them to be concerned about. Keep going on INFOPASS appointments about once a month if you can.

Yes, it means you're approved. Congratulations. Welcome letter will show up in the mail.

I had my interview 1 month ago but I haven't got any updates on my status. I had an INFOPASS appointment yesterday, they told me that we have request a visa number for you but we haven't got any response from them. What does that mean? and who are "them"? What would be the reason that they haven't respond yet? I see in the spreadsheet that most of people get the CPO few days after the interview.

That's an unusual response. Could they be referring to your KCC file? Did you confirm if your KCC file was requested and received by them? Did you confirm if your background check is pending?

Yep, keep going on those INFOPASS appointments until something positive happens.

Hi all,

An update and question from me.

We had our biometrics on March 18, received our interview letter on 1st April and is scheduled in 4 weeks on May 5. Moving along quite nicely!!

I am the primary and wife and 2 kids are dependant. I got 4 separate ILs with 4 different times on the same date. Mine is the first at 7:15 am! Do we all just turn up for 7:15 and would they most likely just do 1 interview with the four of us?

Disregard the different time slots, you should all show up at the same time.