• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi everyone :) I called the KCC to ask if they sent my file to the FO of San Francisco but they said that no one ask anything. The woman at the phone was very very nice and told me that they are receiving several calls just about that FO and they are starting to wonder why because they don't hear much about the others. The woman also apologize because my case number was current in November so she told me that if I would do the application with them I would already have the Green Card from a long time.
Any suggestions besides the INFOPASS that I will do in April 12? Obviously I'm beyond mad and discouraged. Do the Adjustment of Status was probably the biggest error of my life

"the biggest error of my life" - Would you please relax! Nothing has gone wrong. Plenty of people (including myself) have processed through SF. We have already explained they seem to batch up interviews. When you go for an infopass, you will nudge them along. You have 6 MONTHS before the deadline - so please stop stressing when there is nothing to worry about.

Hi everyone :) I called the KCC to ask if they sent my file to the FO of San Francisco but they said that no one ask anything. The woman at the phone was very very nice and told me that they are receiving several calls just about that FO and they are starting to wonder why because they don't hear much about the others. The woman also apologize because my case number was current in November so she told me that if I would do the application with them I would already have the Green Card from a long time.
Any suggestions besides the INFOPASS that I will do in April 12? Obviously I'm beyond mad and discouraged. Do the Adjustment of Status was probably the biggest error of my life
This is not new, you have been unfortunate, it seems, for your case to have been assigned to an FO who chooses to deal with all DV cases in one batch during August/September each and every DV year. This is very much under his/her responsibility and leeway and there is absolutely zilch you can do about it. It is one of the aspects where CP and AoS processing differ from each other, as KCC has correctly pointed out to you. Of course there are also some aspects in favor of processing AoS over CP, hence it is an important decision to take when being selected for further processing through the DV Lottery. Good luck!

Yes I agree with all of you and thank you for the help you are providing to every one. Would be nice to plan a huge immigration party every year where we celebrate the green card all together. I'm just very pissed off because in our case we have a deadline and meanwhile responsibilities and plans to do for our life, so it's not just like waiting a driver license (which is a nightmare too for how is the DMV) or a SSN. I know that there are still 6 months before the end of the FY but from now on I will do INFOPASS appointments every month. I will become their best friend.

Yes I agree with all of you and thank you for the help you are providing to every one. Would be nice to plan a huge immigration party every year where we celebrate the green card all together. I'm just very pissed off because in our case we have a deadline and meanwhile responsibilities and plans to do for our life, so it's not just like waiting a driver license (which is a nightmare too for how is the DMV) or a SSN. I know that there are still 6 months before the end of the FY but from now on I will do INFOPASS appointments every month. I will become their best friend.

I am also processing through AOS in SF. I filed in Feb and still waiting for the IL. I haven't found here people from 2015 who filed in SF but I do have a friend who did. For reference, he filed in Jan and received the IL on the 15th of May scheduled for the 15th of June. He did not go through any infopass but I remember him starting to be stressed about it.

I am also processing through AOS in SF. I filed in Feb and still waiting for the IL. I haven't found here people from 2015 who filed in SF but I do have a friend who did. For reference, he filed in Jan and received the IL on the 15th of May scheduled for the 15th of June. He did not go through any infopass but I remember him starting to be stressed about it.
Hi empacher! Well I filed everything in November 2nd and did the biometrics on December 7. Still nothing. So I would say that your friend was lucky. Keep me posted with your situation in case you'll receive the interview letter please

Hello Everybody!

I think people who submitted in February need to practice patience. I've been reading about people who submitted in October and still waiting for their IL. This really helps to ease ones frustrations.
We submitted our package in 1 December and we have our biometrics in 5 January.
We schedule an INFOPASS for 11 March which I did give an update for it.
@Sm1smom , @Britsimon the interview letter showed up today after 3 weeks of INFOPASS for 4 weeks from today.
Thank you guys for carry us through this.

Hello Everybody!

I think people who submitted in February need to practice patience. I've been reading about people who submitted in October and still waiting for their IL. This really helps to ease ones frustrations.
We submitted our package in 1 December and we have our biometrics in 5 January.
We schedule an INFOPASS for 11 March which I did give an update for it.
@Sm1smom , @Britsimon the interview letter showed up today after 3 weeks of INFOPASS for 4 weeks from today.
Thank you guys for carry us through this.

I'm one of those who waits from October :( I hate a mailbox already since now it's like a job: checking every day if there is any letter...

I'm one of those who waits from October :( I hate a mailbox already since now it's like a job: checking every day if there is any letter...

I think many people are in the same situation. The bright side is that we are going back to the ancient time of waiting for letters lol
Did you do any INFOPASS during your wait? Which is your FO?

I think many people are in the same situation. The bright side is that we are going back to the ancient time of waiting for letters lol
Did you do any INFOPASS during your wait? Which is your FO?

we did 2 INFOPASSes: in January and March. Ours is Orlando FO. First time we were told to start worry in March, second time - to check in June. It seems that they have file. They say stupid thing that they "are waiting for interview slots from NBS" and "NBS makes appointment". And again: "wait"

Hello Mom,
I am starting to prepare my docs for the Interview, do you think I need to make copies of all documents and take them all with me? or just having the original documents is enough?

Hi all!

I am currently waiting for my case number to be current (SA11xx) maybe in a couple of bulletins. I was preparing my AOS package and wanted to ask you the following:

I have a H1B visa right now and the company just moved to another office last week and the address changed. I have the old address on my DS260 (filed on may, updated on august for new passport information) and on my papers from the H1B. Should I updated the DS260 with the new work address and waht about the papers for my visa? do i need to get updated papers?

It is the same company we just moved to another location on the same city.

thanks for the help!

Hi all,

I just found out that my lawyer sent the original DV fee receipt with my package instead of a copy of it :( Now she is saying that it "will be available to the examiner" during the interview, and while I understand that this makes sense, I was wondering has anyone else been in that situation? Any advice on what I should do?

Thank you for your help!!

Hi all,

I just found out that my lawyer sent the original DV fee receipt with my package instead of a copy of it :( Now she is saying that it "will be available to the examiner" during the interview, and while I understand that this makes sense, I was wondering has anyone else been in that situation? Any advice on what I should do?

Thank you for your help!!
I remember reading here, for people who lost their receipts, you can email KCC and request a email copy of it.