• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I remember reading here, for people who lost their receipts, you can email KCC and request a email copy of it.
Hi beau,

Thank so much for the quick reply! My receipt is technically not lost, it's in the AOS package that was sent to the USCIS, and hopefully should be available to the FO along with my medical exam and other documents. I also have a scanned copy of the DV fee receipt.

Would you still advise emailing KCC just in case?

Hi beau,

Thank so much for the quick reply! My receipt is technically not lost, it's in the AOS package that was sent to the USCIS, and hopefully should be available to the FO along with my medical exam and other documents. I also have a scanned copy of the DV fee receipt.

Would you still advise emailing KCC just in case?
Yeah I get that it's not lost. And I personally think it wouldn't even cause you a problem that you sent the original with your AOS package. However, if I were you, I'd just email KCC and ask for a copy anyways, just to have at least a copy coming directly from them. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case. No?

Yeah I get that it's not lost. And I personally think it wouldn't even cause you a problem that you sent the original with your AOS package. However, if I were you, I'd just email KCC and ask for a copy anyways, just to have at least a copy coming directly from them. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have it just in case. No?

I completely agree, that's what I will do too. Thanks so much again!

I completely agree, that's what I will do too. Thanks so much again!

There's really no need to request another copy from KCC if you already have a scanned copy. Simply print it out and have it with the rest of your documents for your interview, you'll be fine.

Hi all!

I am currently waiting for my case number to be current (SA11xx) maybe in a couple of bulletins. I was preparing my AOS package and wanted to ask you the following:

I have a H1B visa right now and the company just moved to another office last week and the address changed. I have the old address on my DS260 (filed on may, updated on august for new passport information) and on my papers from the H1B. Should I updated the DS260 with the new work address and waht about the papers for my visa? do i need to get updated papers?

It is the same company we just moved to another location on the same city.

thanks for the help!

You should be fine with the address as is on your DS260. Use the updated/new address on your I485 package, shouldn't be a problem.

There's really no need to request another copy from KCC if you already have a scanned copy. Simply print it out and have it with the rest of your documents for your interview, you'll be fine.

Great, thanks @Sm1smom! I actually just noticed something else in my application that made me concerned - one letter of my middle name on the translation of my birth certificate was spelled wrong. The birth certificate was translated and stamped in my home country. My mother is going to request another certificate to be issued from the Ministry in order to get the official stamps on a correctly translated version (since currently I have the original), and bring it when she comes.

Meanwhile, I'm considering doing an amended translation of the wrong version that I have. Do you have any thoughts/advise on that? Thank you!!

Hey folks. I never received any original receipts for my AOS payment from KCC. I received the scan and used it in my package. Do you think I should call KCC to send the original version of that for my interview day?

Great, thanks @Sm1smom! I actually just noticed something else in my application that made me concerned - one letter of my middle name on the translation of my birth certificate was spelled wrong. The birth certificate was translated and stamped in my home country. My mother is going to request another certificate to be issued from the Ministry in order to get the official stamps on a correctly translated version (since currently I have the original), and bring it when she comes.

Meanwhile, I'm considering doing an amended translation of the wrong version that I have. Do you have any thoughts/advise on that? Thank you!!

The translated version isn't necessarily required to be stamped, it just needs to be certified. If you can get the original version correctly translated and certified in the US, do so.

Hey folks. I never received any original receipts for my AOS payment from KCC. I received the scan and used it in my package. Do you think I should call KCC to send the original version of that for my interview day?

KCC will only email a copy of the payment receipt. The only way to have gotten the original version is if a SAE was included with the payment. Anyway, it's nothing to worry about. Print out another copy of what you have for your interview.

The translated version isn't necessarily required to be stamped, it just needs to be certified. If you can get the original version correctly translated and certified in the US, do so.

Thank you, I will do so. I'm sort of freaking out about it, and I can't help myself from asking you, is it likely that the IOs are understanding of these kinds of mistakes?

KCC will only email a copy of the payment receipt. The only way to have gotten the original version is if a SAE was included with the payment. Anyway, it's nothing to worry about. Print out another copy of what you have for your interview.
Thanks mom. Another question, do I need to have my high school transcripts with me? Or the high school diploma is enough?

Thank you, I will do so. I'm sort of freaking out about it, and I can't help myself from asking you, is it likely that the IOs are understanding of these kinds of mistakes?

You are rectifying the problem upon your discovery of it, so stop stressing! Present the correctly translated version when you go for your interview just to ensure your record with them is correct.

Not quite sure if your congressperson wasn't misinformed, or the person that actually got back to you from the congress person's office got the message mixed up.

I think you should give the USCIS 1800 number a call and ask them to confirm which office/location currently has your AOS file. You may need to ask to speak with a level 2 officer, after politely listening to the customer rep who initially comes on the line, before you get any useful information. And you don't have to reveal to them anything your congress person's office said regarding the CSC, don't put words in the mouth or let them fend you off with something you already know. You can also ask the L2 officer about the status of your bio.
Dear Mom,

Today I succeeded to speak with L2. After explaining that it is more than 6 month of doing my Biometrics and Fingerprints, she gave me a number (I think the number is sth like a track number), and when I asked her how did she call it, she named it as sth like "referral ID number". So I didn't understand what is the use of that number. Would you please let me know what should I do with that number?
It is worth mentioning that she said my case is still pending, based on not received the name check results.

I really appreciate your help!

Dear Mom,

Today I succeeded to speak with L2. After explaining that it is more than 6 month of doing my Biometrics and Fingerprints, she gave me a number (I think the number is sth like a track number), and when I asked her how did she call it, she named it as sth like "referral ID number". So I didn't understand what is the use of that number. Would you please let me know what should I do with that number?
It is worth mentioning that she said my case is still pending, based on not received the name check results.

I really appreciate your help!

She's probably sending a case service request to your FO on your behalf and the number she gave you is the reference number for the request she's sending in - it's for your records.

Unfortunately if your background check is still pending, there's not much that can be done. Your FO may be waiting for the result before scheduling your interview.

Did they inform you the letter had been mailed when you showed up for the INFOPASS?
Not at all. The officer was very nice and helpful, but he seemed to be inexperienced with the DV cases (he said i was the first DV based AOS case he has seen) Although I twice asked him specifically if they received my file from the KCC and if all background/name checks are complete, he gave a general explanation that my case was being processed.

She's probably sending a case service request to your FO on your behalf and the number she gave you is the reference number for the request she's sending in - it's for your records.

Unfortunately if your background check is still pending, there's not much that can be done. Your FO may be waiting for the result before scheduling your interview.
Dear Mom,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Please let me describe my case a little more:
I did my fingerprints on October 15th, and also my interview on January 6th.
Please let me know what should I do at this position. As you recommended me before, I asked my cong. man to pursue my case, and he told me too as it is in background check process, he cannot do anything more.

At interview, the officer told me everything is clear, except BC results. So, please help me what should I do. My interview was done 3 months ago, and fingerprints was 6 month ago.
Thanks a lot for your help.