• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Being put under AP is definitely no fun! Unfortunately, some cases will end up under AP regardless of how well prepared an applicant was/is, or the fact that the CO says congratulations and issues an approval notice following the interview.

This Thread is intended for those under AP to share their stories, and encourage one another; or get encouragement from other forum members as they wait to complete the process. Attached are links to some past AP Threads which some of you may find encouraging:

DV 2013 AP Thread
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2013-under-administrative-processing.310933/

DV 2015 AP Thread
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-ap-related-cases.324748/

All the best!

OK i will share my situation here
i am a DV2016 winner 2016AF00001xxx

and i am in Administrative Processing since 30 days

I am a DV2016 selectee 2016EU65xx and had my interview for family on NOV3, 2015. The CO indicated that the visas would be issued provided that the security checks would be cleared and kept our passports. The next day the consulate called me that there is an extra step of AP, and returned our passports and kept all other civil documents. By email they answered that this process could take 2-4 weeks. I am curious since they indicated this time frame, the AP would be really resolved within 4 weeks time, and not take months... We are now waiting to be informed by the consulate and checking email every day, very stressful indeed.

I am a DV2016 selectee 2016EU65xx and had my interview for family on NOV3, 2015. The CO indicated that the visas would be issued provided that the security checks would be cleared and kept our passports. The next day the consulate called me that there is an extra step of AP, and returned our passports and kept all other civil documents. By email they answered that this process could take 2-4 weeks. I am curious since they indicated this time frame, the AP would be really resolved within 4 weeks time, and not take months... We are now waiting to be informed by the consulate and checking email every day, very stressful indeed.

Dont worry mine was resolved today i been waited 42 days but i was sendind email inquiry every week always they say on AP

hi stranger79, if your visa was fully approved on October 13,2015 why did they inform you so late in November? So actually your AP lasted for about 1 week right?

I passed my interview 1st week of October 2 emails inquiry was telling i m on AP last week i sent email that was the reply

Thank you for your inquiry. This visa package was fully approved on October xx, 2015. You may pickup your visa at the Aramex office that you selected online.

Today i sent email because i cant found my passport at aramex
This was the reply

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 90 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. We will notify you once the review is done.

I m getting tired. ...really

I passed my interview 1st week of October 2 emails inquiry was telling i m on AP last week i sent email that was the reply

Thank you for your inquiry. This visa package was fully approved on October xx, 2015. You may pickup your visa at the Aramex office that you selected online.

Today i sent email because i cant found my passport at aramex
This was the reply

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 90 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. We will notify you once the review is done.

I m getting tired. ...really
Don't worry man, keep patience. I spent more than 200 days under Administrative Processing. Fruit of patience is really sweet, keep patience, nothing can stop you from getting your visa. Just a suggestion. Try to utilize this time, try to keep all things sorted, your certificates, diplomas, degrees etc. You will need them in US.

Just
Don't worry man, keep patience. I spent more than 200 days under Administrative Processing. Fruit of patience is really sweet, keep patience, nothing can stop you from getting your visa. Just a suggestion. Try to utilize this time, try to keep all things sorted, your certificates, diplomas, degrees etc. You will need them in US.

Just a clarification for anyone who might read this and misunderstand that there is some sort of guarantee of approval - there isn't. When Gabam says "nothing can stop you from getting your visa." He does not mean that literally - it is just an encouraging phrase. In reality some people time out whilst on AP, some get denied. Many of those people "really really wanted it" or thought their religious belief made them immune from losing out. Unfortunately, those things don't matter - some deserving people still miss out.

Hello everyone
I and my husband are among the winners of (DV2016) in Ethiopia, We already had our interview on December 1 and everything went well but lastly the CO asked me to tell him the last courses i took in my university degree and couldn't remember more than one, then he told us that our case need few weeks more under administrative processes and will call us while they are done with the processes. Now we are staring on our phone all the time waiting them to call us. It has been a week. My question is i couldn't even cheek my visa status at the website they gave us even eliminating the zeros in my CN. My CN is 2016AF000069##

Hey buddies, just have faith in the Almighty. Everything is going to be fine. Just chill, you will receive your visas.
I have been through the thread and it is really inspiring, specially your case was like a movie! I salute your patience!!!

Hello everyone
I and my husband are among the winners of (DV2016) in Ethiopia, We already had our interview on December 1 and everything went well but lastly the CO asked me to tell him the last courses i took in my university degree and couldn't remember more than one, then he told us that our case need few weeks more under administrative processes and will call us while they are done with the processes. Now we are staring on our phone all the time waiting them to call us. It has been a week. My question is i couldn't even cheek my visa status at the website they gave us even eliminating the zeros in my CN. My CN is 2016AF000069##

You cannot check your status on CEAC at the moment. None of the 2016 data is loaded yet.

Unfortunately, although expected, the AP of our case is still not completed between 2-4 weeks, as indicated by the US Consulate a few days after our interview.

I inquired again and got this response:

Dear xxx:
We have reviewed our records and found that your immigrant visa application is still undergoing administrative processing in order to verify your qualifications for the immigrant visa.
Administrative processing often lasts about 90 days, but in some instances, it can take significantly longer.

I am very sad and disappointed. all of my forms and documentation were complete. All education requirements were clear. I even did my J-1 internship in US which proves my educational career. I dont understand what they mean by ''in order to verify your qualifications''.