• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hello. I am Manisha from Nepal and I had been selected for the DV lottery 2016. I am student in Thailand and I took my interview at US embassy Bangkok. But my case is under Administrative Processing since October 5, 2015. Since I finished my graduate studies I have to think of the options as of going back Nepal or extend my Thai visa. My Thai visa will expire on January but still my passport is at US Embassy Bangkok. What should I do at this case. If I ask my passport from the US embassy for extending my Thai visa, I worry there will be problem on issuing my US visa. So what should I do at this situation.

I would appreciate your valuable suggestions

Hello. I am Manisha from Nepal and I had been selected for the DV lottery 2016. I am student in Thailand and I took my interview at US embassy Bangkok. But my case is under Administrative Processing since October 5, 2015. Since I finished my graduate studies I have to think of the options as of going back Nepal or extend my Thai visa. My Thai visa will expire on January but still my passport is at US Embassy Bangkok. What should I do at this case. If I ask my passport from the US embassy for extending my Thai visa, I worry there will be problem on issuing my US visa. So what should I do at this situation.

What i can tell you is to wait still you hear from the US embassy...if your passport expires for that ..i think they will tell you to go for a new to replace the old one

You need to contact the embassy and tell them your problem. You can't get your Thai visa extended or go back home without your passport. If they give it back to you before they have completed AP, then they will tell you how to get it back to them once you have done whatever you need to do, whether that is stay in Thailand or go back home. So it is possible there may be a delay in your US visa but you can't let that prevent you maintaining legal status in Thailand.

For me It's been 30 days :(

We are all on the same boat,very strange i don t know what to say,i humbly ask a CO if they can somehow speed up a process and she told me very very nice and polite and respectful lady,that they didn t recive and info from washingtonAnd they know it s frustrating for me but they canno t do anything if don t get any feedback from DC i don t know how long do you thing this will go on,

Reactions: aku
We are all on the same boat,very strange i don t know what to say,i humbly ask a CO if they can somehow speed up a process and she told me very very nice and polite and respectful lady,that they didn t recive and info from washingtonAnd they know it s frustrating for me but they canno t do anything if don t get any feedback from DC i don t know how long do you thing this will go on,

Unfortunately the information you received is correct - the AP is not under the control of the embassy.

we 'm tired of hoping that this PA will be completed in early 2016

My husband has a error on his birth date noted on the deploms baccalaureate in your opinion what is the cause that's put us in AP ?

I think it will be completed in 30 days from nowi hope, even i don t know what put me on AP neither the CO doesn t know cause everything was perfect,so for you case sorry don t know

This is encouraging but it is incorrect to say "nothing can stop you from getting your visa"....
There are exactly 50,000 visas (+5,000 for NACARA program). Visas are issued until the cap is reached. Systems are in sync, so whenever a visa is issued in Paris, one becomes unavailable for entire Europe. Same goes for every other continent. Also, whenever a visa is issue in Paris, it automatically deducts one EUxxx visa evailable for those Europeans already living in the US.

AP is risky for DV because cases are processed more slowly and it is quite possible that by the time the case is ready for adjudication, the cap will have been reached.

I agree with the sentiment (i.e. that words of encouragement are not "factual") but it is also not accurate to say the cutoff is as precise or as in synch as you say. The 50,000 number can be exceeded (as it was in DV2014 for instance), and because embassies do not have such a strong connection, the idea that one visa in Parisis instantly deducted from the pot is not true. It is much less well organized than that.

Hello yesterday we wrote to the consulate and today they called us saying the same sentence ( you are still under AP will finish when we will remind you )