• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Unfortunately, although expected, the AP of our case is still not completed between 2-4 weeks, as indicated by the US Consulate a few days after our interview.

I inquired again and got this response:

Dear xxx:
We have reviewed our records and found that your immigrant visa application is still undergoing administrative processing in order to verify your qualifications for the immigrant visa.
Administrative processing often lasts about 90 days, but in some instances, it can take significantly longer.

I am very sad and disappointed. all of my forms and documentation were complete. All education requirements were clear. I even did my J-1 internship in US which proves my educational career. I dont understand what they mean by ''in order to verify your qualifications''.

"Qualification" for DV is broader than just educational requirements. You mentioned before they kept civil documents and mentioned security checks; I'd suspect it's one of these that is holding up your application.

Hello to all

Very sad momment for me,i m from Slovenia and i had my interview in first week of Dec/2015 everything went well,my interview was great a very nice lady smiled and said congratulations i had tears in my eyes so vet happy,she keept my passport and told me i can come back in less the a week or a week maybe she was realy nice and respectful lady i was like thank you so much and went out with biggest smile on my face.

Not for longAfter 4 working days i recieved a mail that some additional process is needed then,i called them and they said that they don t know why,everthing was perfect.

No criminal history no funky stuff in my life never been nowhere else then a few times in Usa never overstayed no problems novherre never ever.

Please some help

Hello to all

Very sad momment for me,i m from Slovenia and i had my interview in first week of Dec/2015 everything went well,my interview was great a very nice lady smiled and said congratulations i had tears in my eyes so vet happy,she keept my passport and told me i can come back in less the a week or a week maybe she was realy nice and respectful lady i was like thank you so much and went out with biggest smile on my face.

Not for longAfter 4 working days i recieved a mail that some additional process is needed then,i called them and they said that they don t know why,everthing was perfect.

No criminal history no funky stuff in my life never been nowhere else then a few times in Usa never overstayed no problems novherre never ever.

Please some help
Last but not least based on recent events, it will be more likely than not that IV applicants in general will see an increased level of "Administrative Processing" as evidence of incremental layers of security screening. While certainly inconvenient, this early during the DV year, it should not cause major issues. This will change, come July, August, September, though. Good luck!

Hello we are a family of 4 Moroccan win at dv lottery 2016, November 25th we had the interview but the surprise they asked us additional documents ( the report card and a certificate from the university ) it traveled to prepare,30 novembre I returned to the Consulate with all the needed documents, but unfortunately so far there is no news, and my wife's maternity leave is already finished and we do not knowthat has to do with the baby now worrying us very well , this is our unfortunate history

Last but not least based on recent events, it will be more likely than not that IV applicants in general will see an increased level of "Administrative Processing" as evidence of incremental layers of security screening. While certainly inconvenient, this early during the DV year, it should not cause major issues. This will change, come July, August, September, though. Good luck!
Thank you for taking time and reply in my email,you realy calm me down a little bit,i don t understand what do you mean by July,August,Septemberr?

What s you r opnion that my cas will be completed before January

Thank you for taking time
Best regards

no news here, I am now 6 weeks under AP....

Jakelexani, EURO2014 means that interviews for July,August and September have much more risk not getting the visa in time if they require Administrative Processing.

no news here, I am now 6 weeks under AP....

Jakelexani, EURO2014 means that interviews for July,August and September have much more risk not getting the visa in time if they require Administrative Processing.

PleSe can you update when you ll get a news thank you

I am from the Netherlands. I have a Turkish name I think that is the reason for AP. one day after the interview they called me that my case need further administrative processing. They returned our passports 1 week after interview. All forms and documentation were complete. May god bless us soon for this stressful time. I am checking emails every day, but no response. It seems neverending.

Last edited:
I am from the Netherlands. I have a Turkish name I think that is the reason for AP. one day after the interview they called me that my case need further administrative processing. They returned my passports 1 week after interview

Nobody called me not even return my passport,i send them an email and the respond they need some additional process,they don t know why.I hope eveything goes well soon,it s realy painful.I have slovenian name nothing special ooooo i hope all goes well soon

Possibly an insightful piece of information on the Administrative Processing “puzzle”, going forward:

"Concern that this was the case (i.e. social media postings before recent tragic incidents) prompted government officials to say they would review whether visa-seeker's social media accounts deserve greater scrutiny in the future. "It's safe to assume that in the wake of this tragic incident that we're all going to be taking a hard look at the social media aspect of this," State Department spokesman John Kirby told reporters Monday. The Department of Homeland Security is also working to add social media to background checks, officials said."
(NBC News 12/16/2015).

Obviously just one aspect why additional IV processing times will likely become prevalent.

Thank you for taking time and reply in my email,you realy calm me down a little bit,i don t understand what do you mean by July,August,Septemberr?

What s you r opnion that my cas will be completed before January

Thank you for taking time
Best regards
Hi Jakelexani, You are welcome. I am not sure concerning completion before January (which would just leave a few working days, really), however as long as there are not any issues, then normally you should certainly expect to be cleared in due course. Of course this is rather inconvenient, no doubt, yet these are serious times for folks handling immigration security clearance matters. Very best of luck to you! EURO 2014

Possibly an insightful piece of information on the Administrative Processing “puzzle”, going forward:

"Concern that this was the case (i.e. social media postings before recent tragic incidents) prompted government officials to say they would review whether visa-seeker's social media accounts deserve greater scrutiny in the future. "It's safe to assume that in the wake of this tragic incident that we're all going to be taking a hard look at the social media aspect of this," State Department spokesman John Kirby told reporters Monday. The Department of Homeland Security is also working to add social media to background checks, officials said."
(NBC News 12/16/2015).

Obviously just one aspect why additional IV processing times will likely become prevalent.

Euro2014
Thank you for all the research you have doin,i hope it all goes quckly and that i ll be aproved soon,thanks to everbody who reply on my post.

I will keep you update
Happy holidays it s just around a corner