• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Frankly, most of it is my fault even though this won't change the result.
On the form, they entered some incorrect information which I corrected prior to submitting. I am hoping to get an interview date.

Having said that, I live in another country out of my birth country at the moment and obviously my and my family address has changed. (This information is on the form as well). And I wanted to have the interview in the country where I live. Would it make any difference ?

Ok at least you caught the incorrect info before submitting.

Many people interview outside their native countries, but as you will have little time to play with as britsimon said ensure you have everything ready to go. This includes finding out how long it takes to get police certificates from your native country and any other you may have lived in as well as where you are now, and finding a translator if your documents are in a different language to either English or the language of your current residence.

Good luck...hopefully you get an interview and it goes smoothly. I'd advise double and triple checking you have everything needed for the interview.

Just one more question, did the consultancy list your spouse and children on the entry form?

If I took an exam anywhere that asked for my name rather than a student number on the script I'd be very worried ;) :p
Almost all the continuous assessment tests I have ever seen are name based. Why? Scores aside, lecturers easily put a face to a performance which is key aspect of continuous assessment. Plus, ever been in a class of only two? Good old profs. taking you in such, often crazily hard ones don't bother about numbers.

Last edited:
is it a usual practice not to translate documents in local language to English for interview in the local US Embassy?

Mostly. There are some countries eg Venezuela which require all documents translated into English but usually the official local language is acceptable. This is why it is important to read the instructions including the country specific information carefully - in case your country is one of the exceptions.

Almost all the continuous assessment tests I have ever seen are name based. Why? Scores aside, lecturers easily put a face to a performance which is key aspect of continuous assessment. Plus, ever been in a class of only two? Good old profs. taking you in such, often crazily hard ones don't bother about numbers.

I presume your university exams don't work this way, for what I would think are blindingly obvious reasons.

Ok at least you caught the incorrect info before submitting.

Many people interview outside their native countries, but as you will have little time to play with as britsimon said ensure you have everything ready to go. This includes finding out how long it takes to get police certificates from your native country and any other you may have lived in as well as where you are now, and finding a translator if your documents are in a different language to either English or the language of your current residence.

Good luck...hopefully you get an interview and it goes smoothly. I'd advise double and triple checking you have everything needed for the interview.

Just one more question, did the consultancy list your spouse and children on the entry form?

Thank you for your valuable advises and enlightening me on the procedures as I was lost before your answers.

Consultancy listed my spouse and children as well, however "as usual" they made mistake on their information.
My plan is to prepare the documents and translations and bringing all relevant documentations with me. It might be useful whilst the interview. Currently, I live in Australia and migrated to Australia 3 yrs ago as skilled migrant. I presume this might help me during my interview as well.

I'll be touching base with KCC to chase up my interview date as an email from consulate that they don't have any file/information regarding my case.

Thank you for your valuable advises and enlightening me on the procedures as I was lost before your answers.

Consultancy listed my spouse and children as well, however "as usual" they made mistake on their information.
My plan is to prepare the documents and translations and bringing all relevant documentations with me. It might be useful whilst the interview. Currently, I live in Australia and migrated to Australia 3 yrs ago as skilled migrant. I presume this might help me during my interview as well.

I'll be touching base with KCC to chase up my interview date as an email from consulate that they don't have any file/information regarding my case.

Quick feedback fellows, I contacted with KCC a min ago, I wanted to share this information even before my wife :) I have an interview date at the beginning of August. Hurraayyy! :):) Fingers cross

Hi everyone, im new in this forum, im a 2015 dv winner and my rv is soon, end of july.
Now i just want to have your point of view about my sponsor offer, he has just sent me the affidavit and his earning statement(weekly) and the offer
employment letter where we can find his annual salary.
He has find a new job at january, im from guinea and ill pass my interview in senegal and they require the affidavit, W2 and tax return.
now can this earning statement substitute the W2?? and he said that depend to the instructions he is not concern by the tax return.
Now im so confused and i need your view.
sorry my english is not so fluent :) lol

I presume your university exams don't work this way, for what I would think are blindingly obvious reasons.
Obviously true.
Class based assessment carries a small percentage of final grade but in reality, its often tougher than the formal exam, analogical to the anxieties and preparations for the DV interview yet the real one is short, simple and straightforward.

Then it's totally fine. My yellow envelope had all my names on it but the visa doesn't. And it's obvious it just cut off in the middle of one of them. I think there is limited space on the visas for people like us (i.e. royalty) who have lots of names. ;)

I can finally confirm it's fine :) Passed the CBP check at JFK airport. Took approximately 10 - 15 minutes, fingerprints, photo, few questions. Nothing about the cut names :)
Only scare I was asked about an affidavit of support which i obviously didn't have so I had to show some documents proving I am not without any money.

Thank you all for your help ! :)

I can finally confirm it's fine :) Passed the CBP check at JFK airport. Took approximately 10 - 15 minutes, fingerprints, photo, few questions. Nothing about the cut names :)
Only scare I was asked about an affidavit of support which i obviously didn't have so I had to show some documents proving I am not without any money.

Thank you all for your help ! :)

Wait - they asked your for proof of funds at the POE? I never heard of that happening before.
But congratulations and welcome to the U.S.!

I vaguely remember asking a similar question in the past but I'd like to hear the opinions regarding this issue which is now specific to my situation. So, if you are current for a month but your medicals require more testing and the results roll over to the next month, does that person lose that visa that was initially allocated to him/her in the month of being current? I mean is this AP any different from APs due to police checks etc in terms of keeping the visa or not? Secondly, can a spouse with no issues continue with a visa being issued or are they both on AP until the results are all cleared?

I vaguely remember asking a similar question in the past but I'd like to hear the opinions regarding this issue which is now specific to my situation. So, if you are current for a month but your medicals require more testing and the results roll over to the next month, does that person lose that visa that was initially allocated to him/her in the month of being current? I mean is this AP any different from APs due to police checks etc in terms of keeping the visa or not? Secondly, can a spouse with no issues continue with a visa being issued or are they both on AP until the results are all cleared?

AP is AP as far as visa numbers etc are concerned. No differentiation on cause.
No derivative can get a visa before the principal applicant gets it. So if the spouse with no issues is the principal they can get a visa while the other is on AP, but if it's the principal on AP then the spouse and any children have to wait for AP to be cleared before any of them can get a visa.

I think I am now an ignored member and so I cannot reply to you but thanks SusieQQQ for your prompt reply.

People can individually ignore another member but I certainly haven't done that to you!! Or do you mean something else?

I have a question. I am Albanian and I have lived in Italy for more then 6months so, I need the police records(null) from Italy. Can smb tell me if I will need both of them:
1. Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti
2. Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale
Do I need an apostille seal for them?
Another question that I have is that before being married more than 30 years ago I had my maiden name and now I hold my hudband's surname. Do I have to get the police records with both surnames? My passport shows only my husbands surname.
thanks

I have a question. I am Albanian and I have lived in Italy for more then 6months so, I need the police records(null) from Italy. Can smb tell me if I will need both of them:
1. Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti
2. Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale
Do I need an apostille seal for them?
Another question that I have is that before being married more than 30 years ago I had my maiden name and now I hold my hudband's surname. Do I have to get the police records with both surnames? My passport shows only my husbands surname.
thanks

Does this not answer what you need?
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IT.html#policerecords-8
If you haven't seen this link, please ensure you carefully read through the linked pages from your selection letter properly again.

What names you use depends where you need the records from. In my country they go on fingerprints. If wherever you lived since 16 before you were married goes on names not fingerprints yes you will need both names, but in any case the links should explain it.

Wait - they asked your for proof of funds at the POE? I never heard of that happening before.
But congratulations and welcome to the U.S.!

Yes, but I think it was more a matter of chatting with me during the process than a legal requirement.

Thank you :)