• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

mom, dont be like that pls, you are freakin scaring to death Nahar.

Nahar, you will get it, dont worry, stay positive

Yep my thoughts exactly. Never mind this accurate information stuff. We need to follow the example set by others and provide all sorts of encouragement and misinformation. That would make this site much more popular. We can rename it Nairaland2.com.

So please, from now on, only offer positivity and stop quoting that law stuff too. Nobody cares about that anyway...

Hi Britsimon
Important question ,i submitted my form in 17 june and reopened in 2 of september for correcting the passport number.
Still not receive the 2sl,reopening make delay on my form?
Number as25xx

Yep my thoughts exactly. Never mind this accurate information stuff. We need to follow the example set by others and provide all sorts of encouragement and misinformation. That would make this site much more popular. We can rename it Nairaland2.com.

So please, from now on, only offer positivity and stop quoting that law stuff too. Nobody cares about that anyway...
Lol @Britsimon

Hi Britsimon
Important question ,i submitted my form in 17 june and reopened in 2 of september for correcting the passport number.
Number as25xx
I assume it's because passport change is considered critical and they are proceeding it !

mom, dont be like that pls, you are freakin scaring to death Nahar.

Nahar, you will get it, dont worry, stay positive

I think you misunderstood mom. She didn't say he wouldn't get the immigrant visa. She said he would have a problem entering on B1 while it is in process, which is exactly what I said. Do you have any solid reason to believe differently?

You forgot the "never mind inaccurate documents , lack of education and other clear disqualifying factors, just pray enough and you'll be fine"

Dear members,
Unfortunately my friends decided to get divorced. It's a bad news.They live in the USA about a year.The husband had won the green card lottery and they went there together.They are not citizens yet.There's a question;if they get divorced will the wife have the right to live in the usa or she will be obliged to return to her home country?

Dear members,
Unfortunately my friends decided to get divorced. It's a bad news.They live in the USA about a year.The husband had won the green card lottery and they went there together.They are not citizens yet.There's a question;if they get divorced will the wife have the right to live in the usa or she will be obliged to return to her home country?
The divorce in this case will not affect the wife's PR status. She will be fine. Here's a similar case that was previously answered by Susie and Mom
http://forums.immigration.com/threa...ard-marriage-and-divorce.323888/#post-2373171

Dear members,

Too bad about the divorce. The wife has the right to remain in the US, her status is completely independent of the husband's so she has nothing t worry about on that score.

Yep, it absolutely has to stop. Who gives a sh*t about what the law says anyways?

You forgot the "never mind inaccurate documents , lack of education and other clear disqualifying factors, just pray enough and you'll be fine"

That's right. In addition to praying, just think happy thoughts and everything gonna be alright. And on that note, I say

tumblr_motzbaeE1v1rocxc0o1_250.gif

one more question maybe not connected with the conversation.In some months they will have baby.When the child is born will the birth certificate be given where their names will be mentioned?or the mother can chose whose name will be in the certificate as a father?

one more question maybe not connected with the conversation.In some months they will have baby.When the child is born will the birth certificate be given where their names will be mentioned?or the mother can chose whose name will be in the certificate as a father?

She most likely wouldn't be given the long form BC which lists both the child's father and mother from whereby she has the baby. However she will be asked to provide that information so that it can be accurately reported.

I really don't understand why this is a concern though, unless the ex-husband to be isn't the father of the child or she purposely wants to omit his name from the BC as some sort of 'punishment'? Wouldn't be a wise move IMO.

She most likely wouldn't be given the long form BC which lists both the child's father and mother from whereby she has the baby. However she will be asked to provide that information so that it can be accurately reported.

I really don't understand why this is a concern though, unless the ex-husband to be isn't the father of the child or she purposely wants to omit his name from the BC as some sort of 'punishment'? Wouldn't be a wise move IMO.

Putting 2 and 2 together the child is someone else's but it doesn't affect the status of the child who will be a US citizen anyway. If the husband is the father then omitting his name is just plain stupid apart from anything else, as she then would find it very difficult to claim child support from the father for the child.

No itsnot like a punishment.The reason is that the child os from another man.Thats the reason of their divorce.So,she decided to fill in the BC with the name of real father.Will it be possible?

No itsnot like a punishment.The reason is that the child os from another man.Thats the reason of their divorce.So,she decided to fill in the BC with the name of real father.Will it be possible?

Of course! She's the mother, she's the one carrying the pregnancy, she knows who is responsible for it and she's free to list whoever she likes as the child's father.

Hi Britsimon
Number as25xx

Yes of course. They would have run background checks on your previously quoted passport number. That change would have required them to redo the search. Now, how long will that take - I don't know.

Of course it's up to them to decide what to do.I was just wondering.Anyway,thank you for advices

One thing I would say.

Let's imagine for a moment that your friend got married after DVD lottery selection. And shortly after entering the USA the lady finds she is pregnant by another man. And let's imagine that the father is back home in the old country and all this happened in a very short timeframe...

That is likely to cause questions when they apply for citizenship about whether the marriage was simply done for the purposes of the GC.

If they have been married a long time, then that won't be an issue...