• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DVD lottery, green card marriage and divorce.

aosF1

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I got married in 2010 when we were both on student visas ( F1 ). 2 years after our marriage (2012) she got selected for the DV lottery and we both got green cards. 2 years after that (2014) we are separating and getting a divorce. I was wondering if this will affect the naturalization process when I apply for citizenship?

Best regards.

You'll be fine. You were married before winning, so there is no suggestion of it having been a green card marriage, and your green card was not conditional on remaining married.

Thank you for the reply. Another thing. I just read that green card holders have to report change of address within 10 days . We moved to another address 6 months ago and we forgot to change it. Is it too late to do it now ?

Thank you for the reply. Another thing. I just read that green card holders have to report change of address within 10 days . We moved to another address 6 months ago and we forgot to change it. Is it too late to do it now ?

It's not too late to update the address change. And I agree with Susie's response regarding the fact that your divorce will have absolutely no effect on your naturalization application since your your GC wasn't marriage based.

Just update as soon as you can and remember for next time!
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the rihhts and responsibilities of a LPR...as you will be expected to have adhered to these for naturalization.