• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

what will hapen if we request to change interview date for one month or two, please
you can change your interview date by emails the embassy but remember you might not get the date you wish as to one or two months. if the embassy have a way of choosing a date by yourself online then it might be fine to check first if there is a good date if not then try not to change.

Same question as before but it got overlooked and was unanswered:

1) Can we request a copy of our medical report from the doctor before the visa interview for your own information or is it meant to be confidential matter between the embassy and appointed doctor ?
2) If the embassy instructions state that the report is valid for 12 months and immigrant's visa for 6 months, does it mean that the medical report date has no bearing to the USA entry date then ?

1) Can we request a copy of our medical report from the doctor before the visa interview for your own information or is it meant to be confidential matter between the embassy and appointed doctor ?
2) If the embassy instructions state that the report is valid for 12 months and immigrant's visa for 6 months, does it mean that the medical report date has no bearing to the USA entry date then ?
be advised that medical exams are only valid for six months, and therefore you should get your medical exams done close to the time of your first interview, so as to ensure the most travel time possible, as the visa expires when the medical exams do

The instructions of the embassy state that the medical results are valid for 12 months.. I am taking your advice on board and going for my medical as close to the interview date as possible but just wanted to clear this in case somebody knows the specifics.. Thanks for help.

1. Yes you can. Will you get it? Probably not, but they may give you vaccination records if applicable.

2. While the issued visa is usually valid for 6 months (could be less for some), the validity of the medical result is usually taken into consideration when the visa gets issued. So even if your medical result is valid for 12 months, your concern should be with the expiration date of your visa.

be advised that medical exams are only valid for six months, and therefore you should get your medical exams done close to the time of your first interview, so as to ensure the most travel time possible, as the visa expires when the medical exams do

Not all medical exams are valid for 6 months. They can be valid for up to 12 months in some places.

1. Varies by doctor.
2. Varies by embassy/doctor. But as long as the medical report is valid past the 6 months for the visa, the medical report is normally a non issue. However some people have been issued visas which are valid for less than the 6 months, because of the medical.

Oh goodness. I'm so tired I've lost the thread in which we were discussing the Uscis vs visa fees.
Anyway this press release http://www.uscis.gov/news/implementation-new-uscis-immigrant-fee-feb-1 specifically relates the introduction of the visa fee as being part of the comprehensive fee overhaul that began in 2010 (ie the one that included the DV fee reduction). This also links to a very long article on the 2010 overhaul, which basically aimed at better matching user charges in general for various immigration related things. Some fees went up, some (like DV) went down, and the second step linked to that was the introduction of the immigrant fee.

Hi guys,

Quick question. Does the point of entry make any difference in terms of when the green card would be received or how fast cases are proccessed? For instance does it matter whether you enter in Kansas vs NYC, one dealing with immigration much more than the other?

Hi guys i have one question , i am going to Chicago but my first Port of Entry is in Philadelphia , do i have to do immigration process in Philadelphia or Chicago ?

I am struggling to find a translator where they can notarize your translation in accordance to the DV visa instructions as a notary only verify translator's signature but they cannot verify the translation itself. Have been sending out numbers of emails to different translations but have not got any positive results yet.

I am struggling to find a translator where they can notarize your translation in accordance to the DV visa instructions as a notary only verify translator's signature but they cannot verify the translation itself. Have been sending out numbers of emails to different translations but have not got any positive results yet.

I did that. I found a bilingual notary with a Latin sounding name (because the docs were in Spanish). My wife and I produced the translations, and the notary was happy to sign/notarize the document with a phrase (borrowed from USCIS) that also said the translation was a good translation. Perhaps you can follow that option - it worked for me.