• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi to all,
I submitted DS - 260 form on August, 25th
current for November my case AF13xxx
till now not receive the 2NL I called KCC they said (we have your form but not yet process and you can check with us in December) when do you think I can expect my interview?.

Hi to all,
till now not receive the 2NL I called KCC they said (we have your form but not yet process and you can check with us in December) when do you think I can expect my interview?.
Processing at KCC has been extremely slow with cases taking up to 5 months to process. Many who submitted in June and were current for October have just got their 2NL this week for interviews in January. I'm current for November, submitted my forms around 4 months ago, never unlocked them, yet KCC hasn't finished processing them yet. I think the earliest interview you can get would be in March with a possibility for April too.

Processing at KCC has been extremely slow with cases taking up to 5 months to process. Many who submitted in June and were current for October have just got their 2NL this week for interviews in January. I'm current for November, submitted my forms around 4 months ago, never unlocked them, yet KCC hasn't finished processing them yet. I think the earliest interview you can get would be in March with a possibility for April too.

Thank you for your reply

Guys, how can i unlock my DS 260? and does it affect or delay my interview if i have unlocked and submitted again?or it depends on the case number only. My case no. is AF00086XXX, and i expect it to be processed at the end of fiscal year if am lucky enough.

Guys, how can i unlock my DS 260? and does it affect or delay my interview if i have unlocked and submitted again?or it depends on the case number only. My case no. is AF00086XXX, and i expect it to be processed at the end of fiscal year if am lucky enough.
you can request kcc to unlock your form via e. mail , including your full name ; CN ; date of birth and they will reply in between 2 days up to 2 weeks and it will not affect your interview date

if my current work will change in December and the new company want me to apply other visa to attend conference in USA on January my question if this visa will affect my DV second thing is it necessary to update my ds 260 with new work and usa visit before the interview.
Hi to all,

if my current work will change in December and the new company want me to apply other visa to attend conference in USA on January my question if this visa will affect my DV second thing is it necessary to update my ds 260 with new work and usa visit before the interview.

Not necessary to update DS form - I travelled to the US after filling in my DS form and didn't update, it wasn't a problem. You can mention it at the interview.
You may however find they are more reluctant to give you a B1/B2 visa with a DV application in progress- you will need to have strong evidence that you will return home in the meanwhile.

Not necessary to update DS form - I travelled to the US after filling in my DS form and didn't update, it wasn't a problem. You can mention it at the interview.
You may however find they are more reluctant to give you a B1/B2 visa with a DV application in progress- you will need to have strong evidence that you will return home in the meanwhile.

Thank you for your reply. IF I have
invetation letter from USA to attend this conference it will not support me.

Thank you for your reply. IF I have
invetation letter from USA to attend this conference it will not support me.

That is good evidence, but as Susie says you should also be prepared to show ties to home such as mortgage /family/clubs you below to and so on....

Dear all
how will the schedule will be shifted if the appointment date is holiday ?
who is in charge of shifting the interview appointment date ?
is it kcc or embassy?
and how will the applicant will be notified ? is it tru mail or verbal?
does anyone who has such experience please have on this ?
thanks
rolex123

hello everyone, I am a winner DV2015, cn = AF52000, I fill my DS260 unmarried, because everyone told me that marriage after the month of May is synonymous with a desqualification, I want to get married, after the 'visa. my questions are:
1 am I affected by adjustement of status? Single to married
2-if not, what are your recomendations?
3- What are the steps to follow with detail
thinks

Dear all
how will the schedule will be shifted if the appointment date is holiday ?
who is in charge of shifting the interview appointment date ?
is it kcc or embassy?
and how will the applicant will be notified ? is it tru mail or verbal?
does anyone who has such experience please have on this ?
thanks
rolex123

The embassy will contact the applicant if the interview falls on a public holiday and inform them of a new date. They usually call, but I guess if they're unable to reach the applicant by phone, they will send an email.

The embassy will contact the applicant if the interview falls on a public holiday and inform them of a new date. They usually call, but I guess if they're unable to reach the applicant by phone, they will send an email.
That's very nice way mom. But, how many days can the shift be? Days? Weeks? Or what? Can it be shifted to dates before appointment date or necessarily after that?

The new date can be before or after the old one. I can't say precisely by how many days. It all depends on the embassy's schedule. They do try to give adequate notice if a change is to be made, it's not like they will call a day or a week before the interview to say we're closed on the day of your interview especially if the closure has to do with a scheduled public holiday.

The new date can be before or after the old one. I can't say precisely by how many days. It all depends on the embassy's schedule. They do try to give adequate notice if a change is to be made, it's not like they will call a day or a week before the interview to say we're closed on the day of your interview especially if the closure has to do with a scheduled public holiday.
Thanks again mom. Your reply is clear.

hello everyone, I am a winner DV2015, cn = AF52000, I fill my DS260 unmarried, because everyone told me that marriage after the month of May is synonymous with a desqualification, I want to get married, after the 'visa. my questions are:
thinks

Plenty of people marry during the DV process with no issues - as long as the marriage us genuine to a partner you are already considering marriage anyway, I.e. Not just a marriage to take advantage of the DV win.

http://britsimonsays.com/marital-status-getting-married-dv-lottery-process/

Hello everyone
My wife was selected as the principal applicant for DV-2015 and we filled our DS-260 (My wife (principal applicant), my daughter and I (accompanies)). After submitting the form, my wife noticed that she didn't fill up her high school years, she only mentioned the University years. Now the form is locked (submitted September 4th) and we didn't receive our appointment schedule yet. So I have 2 questions :
- Is it critical that the High School years haven't been mentioned (assuming that University cannot be done without High School)? I mean is there a risk that the application gets rejected because of that?
- If she wants to correct that, can she send an email to get her form unlocked and resubmit it after corrections. And will that affect the application/interview in any way?
Thanks!

Hello everyone
My wife was selected as the principal applicant for DV-2015 and we filled our DS-260 (My wife (principal applicant), my daughter and I (accompanies)). After submitting the form, my wife noticed that she didn't fill up her high school years, she only mentioned the University years. Now the form is locked (submitted September 4th) and we didn't receive our appointment schedule yet. So I have 2 questions :
- Is it critical that the High School years haven't been mentioned (assuming that University cannot be done without High School)? I mean is there a risk that the application gets rejected because of that?
- If she wants to correct that, can she send an email to get her form unlocked and resubmit it after corrections. And will that affect the application/interview in any way?
Thanks!

That information is required and important. Regardless of whether it will affect your interview or not, you should unlock the form and correct it.

thinks
Just yo make it clear, are you currently living in the usa?

Hello everyone
Thanks!
Hi Oussama Messaoud

I did not fill my high school initially and filled only my degree, then I realized it is an important information should be filled in the DS260. So few days ago I reopened my DS260, fill high school information and resubmit.