• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners from Asia with CN 10,000+

if you dont mind me asking what's your CN

i wish people in general would be more positive.........im very curioius so i visit these boards often............but i mostly try my best to scroll through all the comments and get to the important ones because all you see is "my dream is gone" "im crushed" " im dead" so on and so forth....................and these are mostly from people with safe CNs too........why are people in this world so quick to jump on any slightly negative thing and predict an absolute catastrophie but are ready to ignore anything good....................any minute now somebody from Iran's gonna clear AP and the ROA final number would go to 0.

chill out :) i'll be back after the numbers come out this week :)

i wish people in general would be more positive.........im very curioius so i visit these boards often............but i mostly try my best to scroll through all the comments and get to the important ones because all you see is "my dream is gone" "im crushed" " im dead" so on and so forth....................and these are mostly from people with safe CNs too........why are people in this world so quick to jump on any slightly negative thing and predict an absolute catastrophie but are ready to ignore anything good....................any minute now somebody from Iran's gonna clear AP and the ROA final number would go to 0.

chill out :) i'll be back after the numbers come out this week :)
We asians are negative determinists, on average in this forum. You shoud check out african threads for an example of opposite attitude.

We asians are negative determinists, on average in this forum. You shoud check out african threads for an example of opposite attitude.

Have you ever wished to not get selected at all?

Being not selected > selected with a high xxx cn

Last edited by a moderator:

Enough of your foul language please. Use of appropriate language is one of the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up for this forum. Another warning will not be issued after this one.

I did see what you wrote before your post was edited. Probably another flash of insanity.

Anyway, I am grateful for the chance. It kinda makes me feel that it is possible to get selected in a random draw.

When I saw that there was something different on the screen instead of usual "have not been selected" that day, it all turned into slow motion, I felt slow palpitations.
But then I read the notice that there is no guarantee, and most importantly there are 125,000 of us. I didn't know anything about DV or this forum, but I was baffled about the math right there - how in the world 125 turn into 50 coveted visas.
Then I found this forum, the bulletin came out in June, and I figured - it's not guaranteed for real. However, my number was sightly higher than the cut-off for August last year, so I thought to myself - there was one more month to go. Which only gave us a modest increase.
Then there is heartbreaking drama of the first victims of over-selection.
Then there CEAC data become available.
Then the bulletin progress slows down.
Each of those events would reinforce the statement that "there is no guarantee".

I prefer to recognize the reality early. I have been swallowing my sorrow and making peace with lower and lower probabilities after each of those events. By now, I've run out of statistically significant probabilities, and am looking forward to closure with a tad of hope.(almost wrote "with a **** in my hand", sorry)

My point is - there is absolutely no one to blame, except for Nepal.

I am teasing Silicon about Nepal, of course.

remember what i said before about being positive.........ok screw that..........im actually stunned at Asia's "progress"...........the Asia department at the KCC must've taken a vacation or something........ok....what more can i say. lol

honestly, silicone is really not too far off base with his comments before

when i first won the lottery i looked at my number ok it was highish, but i compared with other years and there was only one year in history of dv where the number was less than 12xxx.........and i never worried at all until around may or so...........i really never could've imagined this kind of thing..........for me it's inexplicable........maybe they're saving this month's "anticipated jump" and adding it on to next month's but who knows...........it doesn't look good fellas :(

hopefully britsimon can add some insight and give us a glimmer of hope.....

Huh, not quite sure you personally have many reasons to laugh about in respect to AS DV2015, no?

I've already come to terms with not getting interviewed months ago

I was of course referring to Mr britsimon's word about my prediction

My prediction only off by 350

Next vb for asia : 9000-9500

i don't know if anyone's laughing dude........you're still missing out........i don't know why it gives you so much pleasure to see others go down with you as well

You misunderstood me

Earlier i posted a prediction, as will reach 7500-8000

And then someone said it's too pessimistic and that it's not a sensible and logical prediction

And now the vb has come out, my prediction is correct

That's what i'm laughing at

This is literally the worse year in the history of Asia Dv Lottery, i really am shocked i never imagined it could be this low........i really odn't know what they did with all the visas......it really doesn't seem possible that it could be this low.

This is literally the worse year in the history of Asia Dv Lottery, i really am shocked i never imagined it could be this low........i really odn't know what they did with all the visas......it really doesn't seem possible that it could be this low.

"i really odn't know what they did with all the visas", too early to jump to any conclusions, as there is one more Bulletin to come... Ultimately, there will be detailed statistical information in respect to the point you raise, once DV2015 will be completed.

They are mostly taken up by Nepalese (40%) Iranians (40%)

Also too many selectees relative to the amount of available visas