• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Is there any problem if i answered YES to this question in DS 260 form:

"Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?"

Am told that if you select yes...they have to verify the employment and it may take sometime to verify

Is there any reason to worry despite the fact that am a degree holder

Is there any problem if i answered YES to this question in DS 260 form:

"Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience?"

Am told that if you select yes...they have to verify the employment and it may take sometime to verify

Is there any reason to worry despite the fact that am a degree holder

Whoever told you that is talking nonsense. You meet the requirements on education so you are fine. For the record I also answered 'yes' to the job training question, as far as I know they didn't bother verifying it because I wasn't applying under the work experience option.

@Britsimon ,sussie.
I keenly followed the thread about leaving when you are comfortably settled, up and earning well to go and start all over again in America.Britsimon said he did this and came through but urged deep thought before the leap. sussie worried about crime in S.A ( somehow similar pattern here in Kenya today)
I am in similar dilemma here. I Am happy here - good income and family but crime graft and poor government services worry me. Someone used unkind language in against 3rd world countries without advancing any argument except that systems work in developed economies.
My wife is a horticulturist and am a small scale entrepreneur roads contractor. Do you think we will somehow find our stepping space and continue without putting our kids through suffering if we relocate? Do you feel that kids will be better off as this is probably my main motivation?

I've read Susies replies to this and agree with her 100%. I just wanted to add to the comments she makes about the work change. For example you are a road engineer. I'm not sure whether that means you get your hands dirty or sit in an office, and whether you see yourself working on private roads or large roads built with government money, but either way you will need to realize that contractors are typically licensed over here by local government. That implies a certain level of redtape and financial bond and so on. So - your plan may be to start your own business but you may not be able to do that until you have been here a while. So - that means you will need alternative work in the meantime, which may not be such an attractive lifestyle.

Your kids are young enough that they won't be too hard to move away from friends etc. Life here for kids is very good - so you can certainly make it a worthwhile move, but it may take a lot of sacrifice and hard work and is therefore a gamble.

In statistics, a pvalue of <0.05 does not always yield a zero in the data. What I said is true. There are Zambians who can host you and many will not. Like I can host you if you came around in Lusaka. If you think I'm lying, do a small research on a few Zambians that live abroad. I have been traveling since i was a child. Other people, especially Nigerians and Ghanians are really good. Also Congolese.
I understand what you mean.Some people do it from the heart.Thanks for that piece of opinion.

Hello team. could case no. AF82xxx be a high case number for DV 2015
Cases ranging from 6o upwards are sometimes referred to as high.For your case,Its not only high but UNPREDICTABLE (whether it will be current).Put your fingers crossed though.

hello guys am from tanzania
my case no is 2015AF00032xxx
when is my possible interview i dont understand how the visa bulletin is
have tried to go through bt cannt understand

Lying is too strong a term Johnny and i did not imply it in any way. Let us encourage, not condemn
positive outlook is the message here.

@tanzania gal your interview is possibly gonna be around March/April 2015 .

There are 2 sections on the VB (Visa Bulletin) dealing with DV, usually Sections B and C. When you open the VB, scroll down till you see the sections dealing with DV, the first one deals with the current month and the 2nd one is known as the Advanced Notification section.

If you take a look at the October VB which was released earlier this month, the first section has AF listed as 8,000 for Oct and the 2nd section (Advanced Notification section) has 14,200 for the AF region. That means anyone with an AF CN below 8,000 is current in Oct, and those with CNs below 14,200 are current for Nov. Now there are exceptions to these, and for the AF region, the exceptions are Egypt and Ethiopia, they have different cut-off numbers as listed under the exception columns. With this explanation, you should be able to take a loot at the VB and figure things out for yourself going forward. Here's the link to the current VB:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...etin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-october-2014.html

have tried to go through bt cannt understand[/
Late April or early May.Go to past years and Click the month of March (The Month of march 2014 at the Diversity Immigrant which towards the end of the text) you will see it capture March and April,April VB capture April and May.etc..

Late April or early May.Go to past years and Click the month of March (The Month of march 2014 at the Diversity Immigrant which towards the end of the text) you will see it capture March and April,April VB capture April and May.etc..[/QUOTE]

What is it Sir?
was replying to Johnny (In statistics, a pvalue of <0.05 does not always yield a zero in the data. What I said is true. There are Zambians who can host you and many will not. Like I can host you if you came around in Lusaka. If you think I'm lying, do a small research on a few Zambians that live abroad. I have been traveling since i was a child. Other people, especially Nigerians and Ghanians are really good. Also Congolese.)

was replying to Johnny (In statistics, a pvalue of <0.05 does not always yield a zero in the data. What I said is true. There are Zambians who can host you and many will not. Like I can host you if you came around in Lusaka. If you think I'm lying, do a small research on a few Zambians that live abroad. I have been traveling since i was a child. Other people, especially Nigerians and Ghanians are really good. Also Congolese.)
Quite correct,Kenyan have a culture of HARAMBEE ( swahili word meaning coming together and helping one another) and this gestures is what gets extended to Hosting people who get referred to by their friends even though strangers to them ..etc.On the same note Communities here i in Kenya also have different level of Hospitality...(BROTHERHOOD)

I've read Susies replies to this and agree with her 100%. I just wanted to add to the comments she makes about the work change. For example you are a road engineer. I'm not sure whether that means you get your hands dirty or sit in an office, and whether you see yourself working on private roads or large roads built with government money, but either way you will need to realize that contractors are typically licensed over here by local government. That implies a certain level of redtape and financial bond and so on. So - your plan may be to start your own business but you may not be able to do that until you have been here a while. So - that means you will need alternative work in the meantime, which may not be such an attractive lifestyle.

Your kids are young enough that they won't be too hard to move away from friends etc. Life here for kids is very good - so you can certainly make it a worthwhile move, but it may take a lot of sacrifice and hard work and is therefore a gamble.

Thank you B.simon.
In Kenya, road engineers mainly work in the field and site offices so yes it involves getting ones hands dirty and it is fun.
I plan to start as small as it can get (selfemployment?) as i struggle to find my space but getting a salaried job is rally not my idea of a livelihood, unless i reaaaaly must.
I mentioned that save for a few setbacks, ours is a wonderful 3rd world country. do you mind expounding on better life for the kids? Is it educationwise...........?

Thank you B.simon.
In Kenya, road engineers mainly work in the field and site offices so yes it involves getting ones hands dirty and it is fun.
I plan to start as small as it can get (selfemployment?) as i struggle to find my space but getting a salaried job is rally not my idea of a livelihood, unless i reaaaaly must.
I mentioned that save for a few setbacks, ours is a wonderful 3rd world country. do you mind expounding on better life for the kids? Is it educationwise...........?

Just reading between the lines of this post I'm not sure America is the place for you. If you already live in a beautiful country, and are doing well with work, and you feel opportunity fir you kids is good enough, then why move?

People talk about the American Dream. It is anyone having the chance to better themselves, or more usually to better their kids life. But better how? To be able to have a fancier car, shop more, get a better education for your kids so they can get a better car?

I have to say, my view is that of someone who had a privileged life in a first world country and I chose to move because I knew I could have a great life here too, but with better weather. The USA is a wonderful place for those that have money, but if you are coming here to struggle and work harder for a poor life where you can only see the American Dream happening for others, then you must stop and ask yourself why you are doing it. It will be hard. So be sure it will be worth it. Perhaps you should get perspective from other Kenyans who have made the move already...