• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

And before some other smart Alec comes back with a retort about my post suggesting that life is all good and rosy in the US, I should make a clarification that that is not what I'm talking about. Life in the US has its ups and downs.

AFAIK, kids don't go school with guns in their backpacks to shoot up their classmates in Africa. Back when I was in Africa, fear of my kids being exposed to drugs and gang activities was far from my imagination. I'm not deluded into thinking that I can no longer be car-jacked just because I live in the US, there are some places I'm too scared to venture into because of the possibility of being car jacked or me possibly loosing my life in that process. Because I have a non-English sounding name, my resume could possibly get over-looked for postings that I possibly could be the best qualified candidate for. Because of my skin color I have to live with, sometimes perceived and sometimes real, racial discrimination. Heck, there a myriad of reasons why life can be difficult in the US, but at the end of the day, I still choose to live the good life it offers!
You need to take your blinders off and learn to a comprehend what is written before taking paper to pen, you clearly failed to understand what my post was all about in your pathetic attempt at appearing patriotic and defending the honor of Kenya which you assumed had been raped in my write-up. This is exactly how strife and unrests are stirred up, people twisting up what's been said and giving it their own convoluted interpretations!

A word of caution: 'don't get started with me'!
(Usken never asked about Security in some places,he wanted to know the benefits for his children in USA.

(Usken never asked about Security in some places,he wanted to know the benefits for his children in USA.

He actually mentioned security as one of his concerns about where he lives now and then asked if life would be better for his children in the US. How can you say if something is better or not if you don't compare it to where you come from?

He actually mentioned security as one of his concerns about where he lives now and then asked if life would be better for his children in the US. How can you say if something is better or not if you don't compare it to where you come from?
its very disturbing how this topic has evolved.not every part of Kenya has security challenges,just as different states in us have no common challenges.if we talk about drag menace,its well know which states are badly affected ,likes wise in Kenya we have different counties and hence don't generelize,be specific on exact county.

its very disturbing how this topic has evolved.not every part of Kenya has security challenges,just as different states in us have no common challenges.if we talk about drag menace,its well know which states are badly affected ,likes wise in Kenya we have different counties and hence don't generelize,be specific on exact county.

Simon - you are taking insult at something without Kenya even having been mentioned and then in the same post where you advise Mom not to generalize, you made a sweeping generalization about guns etc in schools in America. Please, stop being so defensive over nothing. People are trying to help and you are making this an argument. So - that's enough of that now.

Why is it disturbing? The Kenyans on this forum are here because they want to leave Kenya and go live in the US. No one said the entire country is security challenged, but clearly some people are concerned enough about it that it is a reason to leave. Not just go to a different state that is less security challenged, but to leave the country entirely. Other people have other reasons I am sure. The fact is that people here are leaving.

It is strange though given your reaction why you are leaving this perfect country though.

Oh, and you quoted me but didn't answer the question in what you quoted: how can you say if somewhere is better if you don't compare?

Why is it disturbing? The Kenyans on this forum are here because they want to leave Kenya and go live in the US. No one said the entire country is security challenged, but clearly some people are concerned enough about it that it is a reason to leave. Not just go to a different state that is less security challenged, but to leave the country entirely. Other people have other reasons I am sure. The fact is that people here are leaving.

It is strange though given your reaction why you are leaving this perfect country though.

Oh, and you quoted me but didn't answer the question in what you quoted: how can you say if somewhere is better if you don't compare?
obviously america is by far better than most of many countries and that's why presiden obama once said and I quote" no one is immigrating to country xxx" get me well in comparison most people would wish to move to usa,not for the reason highlighted in one of the post but for other personal reasons.

for heavens sake,if it were issues partaining to reasons above,waiting for a lottery selection to escape purnishing life in Kenya..is the most ridiculous reason I have ever heard.what if you don't win,what will you do?

Hi guys can someone help me to explain what it means the numbers below 14,200 on visa bulletin for November thanks

Men am confused here,suppose you have a high case number like mine ie 2015af78*** and it happen that am not sure of the 2nl!is it possible for me to apply for dv 2016 which is on coarse perhaps I might be lucky to have a low case number?thanks guys for the good job.cheers!

Men am confused here,suppose you have a high case number like mine ie 2015af78*** and it happen that am not sure of the 2nl!is it possible for me to apply for dv 2016 which is on coarse perhaps I might be lucky to have a low case number?thanks guys for the good job.cheers!

Yes you can and should apply for DV2016. At this point it is hard to be sure your number will be current, even though it is lower than the final cutoff for last year. Good luck for both options!

Hi guys can someone help me to explain what it means the numbers below 14,200 on visa bulletin for November thanks

They process by case number order. Each month they release the VB that number will increase a bit. The number you mentioned (14200) was the number for November interviews. That means AF selectees with a case number lower than 14200 were eligible to be interviewed, and the number was increased to 17000 for December in the visa bulletin just relased. You need it to show a number higher than your 87XXX number in order to get an interview - so you have a long time to wait.

Really? That's your understanding? I suppose in your opinion better life for the kids does not include security of life and asset, right? Did you see this post where he talked about security

i insist, save for security, graft and poor government services, this is a wonderful place to live in.
On lighter note, you are British and my english teacher taught that "would/can not be able to" is not good english!

The more you post, the more ridiculous you look and sound. You claim people didn't say what they clearly stated, you twist and misinterpret what is posted and quote out of context to back your spurious claim of what you consider slanderous comments. My post which you quoted below:

"Susie talked about security which I also think is a big deal back there."

Did the preceding paragraph not talk about me having lived in Africa? In your mind, you couldn't read the post as 'Susie talked about security which I also think is a big deal back there "in Africa"'? I guess it made more sense to you to read it as 'back there "in Kenya"' because you feel we're more interested in talking down on your country which you hold in high esteem. Nothing wrong in holding one's country in high esteem even if things are not as they should be there, but stop going about twisting everything that's said or ascribing twisted interpretations to other people's posts!

thanks britsimon for the answer so it means by entering to the lottery for dv 2016 can't affect the ongoing processing of my case!!what if I happen to win for the second time yet my case is still in the process?is there any possibility of being disqualified?

thanks britsimon for the answer so it means by entering to the lottery for dv 2016 can't affect the ongoing processing of my case!!what if I happen to win for the second time yet my case is still in the process?is there any possibility of being disqualified?

No you will not be disqualified on the basis of being selected again. They will proceed with your first selection if your CN becomes current. And if you choose to not process the first selection for whatever reason, your 2nd selection will not be affected either.

No there is no possibility of being disqualified for entering or winning a second time.

Why is everyone concerned about the term "blue collar"??? It isn't an insult, it is a category of work. I used that term all the time at work (in HR matters), and there is no dishonour in it!

Ok, so to try and explain again. I asked earlier what sort of worker you were, you replied that you get your hands dirty. In other words you can do the labouring job if needed. So that means that you could get employment as a skilled labourer in road building because you know that.

Could you be a manager? We'll not on your first arrival no. No one will know you, you won't be used to how things work here, such as techniques of road construction or "code" that you have to meet, nor will you know about rules of managing staff, nor will you know how to handle contracts and so on - so no.

Could you set up your own business in road construction on day 1. No. It doesn't matter how much money you have, you need to be licensed in order to obtain the contracts, the insurance, be able to hire workers. You would be fined heavily if you tried to do that unlicensed. Getting a license will take time, and in the mean time you will have American sized bills to pay. The smartest thing you could do to pay those bills is to do the road construction job so you can learn how it is done here, build contacts and so on. So, you will have some time doing blue collar work - nothing wrong with that and a good worker can make good money doing that.

Now then. Is the sort of life and opportunity you can create here worth taking a step back. We'll clearly as Mom explained there are many benefits to being here - it is a place where you can still create a very comfortable life. But you have to be realistic and honest with yourself about what you are leaving. If you live Kenya and are safe, and your kids will be too, then why leave. If there is doubt about that, then the USA can give you a wonderful life and you and your kids will have unlimited opportunity here.

Why is everyone concerned about the term "blue collar"??? It isn't an insult, it is a category of work. I used that term all the time at work (in HR matters), and there is no dishonour in it!

Ok, so to try and explain again. I asked earlier what sort of worker you were, you replied that you get your hands dirty. In other words you can do the labouring job if needed. So that means that you could get employment as a skilled labourer in road building because you know that.

Could you be a manager? We'll not on your first arrival no. No one will know you, you won't be used to how things work here, such as techniques of road construction or "code" that you have to meet, nor will you know about rules of managing staff, nor will you know how to handle contracts and so on - so no.

Could you set up your own business in road construction on day 1. No. It doesn't matter how much money you have, you need to be licensed in order to obtain the contracts, the insurance, be able to hire workers. You would be fined heavily if you tried to do that unlicensed. Getting a license will take time, and in the mean time you will have American sized bills to pay. The smartest thing you could do to pay those bills is to do the road construction job so you can learn how it is done here, build contacts and so on. So, you will have some time doing blue collar work - nothing wrong with that and a good worker can make good money doing that.

Now then. Is the sort of life and opportunity you can create here worth taking a step back. We'll clearly as Mom explained there are many benefits to being here - it is a place where you can still create a very comfortable life. But you have to be realistic and honest with yourself about what you are leaving. If you live Kenya and are safe, and your kids will be too, then why leave. If there is doubt about that, then the USA can give you a wonderful life and you and your kids will have unlimited opportunity here.

Accepted.Excellently advanced argument.