• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Somebody has suggested i ask kcc to unlock my dv260 then I add the other name combination as alias. Good idea? My case is very far from going current..may not even go.48xxx
God knows your number my brother just relax its not bad as mine I am positive that we gonna make it. InshaAllah

So new development on my case. As we all know my husband was to go for Sputum testing results of which will be known by 10th October 2015, 10 days after dv deadline. So I called the IOM who do medicals for Kenya and guess what? They won't even release my report to the embassy. I am informed that they cannot split case numbers, which is just dumb but its a rule. I hope no one has to go through this. Should I come up with a solution miraculously, I will update you for the sake of future applicants.

So new development on my case. As we all know my husband was to go for Sputum testing results of which will be known by 10th October 2015, 10 days after dv deadline. So I called the IOM who do medicals for Kenya and guess what? They won't even release my report to the embassy. I am informed that they cannot split case numbers, which is just dumb but its a rule. I hope no one has to go through this. Should I come up with a solution miraculously, I will update you for the sake of future applicants.
Ohh no! Does this mean you miss out on the DV2015 or will the embassy make an exception? So sorry about this development........

That's so sad.
I don't understand why IOM seems to mess up people like this. It is certainly not USCIS policy to not split the cases, as we have seen other cases in other countries where such cases are indeed split and the PA gets the visa while waiting for the derivative to get cleared. There was also a case reported on another forum where the applicant was also tested positive for TB a few months ago, and IOM just cancelled his appointment at the embassy as a result! He now has the medical clearance from IOM after treatment but is not having any luck getting a new appointment at the Nairobi embassy so it looks like he will miss out too. Since when does a group of doctors get such power in effectively being able to mess up people's visa applications???

There is never an exception in DV cases so I guess I miss out, but in case there is any new development, I will post it here.

I believe the IOM is being ridiculous in their interpretation of the rules of the process, there's no reason why the rest of the result couldn't be forwarded to the embassy considering the fact that you're the PA and you cleared the medical exam.

Have you considered the possibility of still showing up for your interview with your daughter even without the medical result being released? I know doing that involves spending a lot of money for an outcome that's not certain, however doing so gives you the possibility of making your case in person with the IO who could in turn compel the IOM to release your medical results.

I believe the IOM is being ridiculous in their interpretation of the rules of the process, there's no reason why the rest of the result couldn't be forwarded to the embassy considering the fact that you're the PA and you cleared the medical exam.

Have you considered the possibility of still showing up for your interview with your daughter even without the medical result being released? I know doing that involves spending a lot of money for an outcome that's not certain, however doing so gives you the possibility of making your case in person with the IO who could in turn compel the IOM to release your medical results.

I think that's a good suggestion.

I did contact the Embassy who said the same thing. To be honest with you, my husband's 2nd xray came out normal but they still requested for a third xray. I know my refusing to be examined by a male doctor has a lot to do with it, but I won't start fighting an "NGO" that charges 10 times the amount I would pay at a private hospital.
Look, moving to the USA is not a life or death situation for me but it might be for some. Hopefully, the guy who couldn't get TB clearance but now has will get my spot.
I'm still seeing if anything is possible in my case so lets wait and see.

They most certainly can issue the principal (and derivatives) without one or more derivatives.

They most certainly can issue the principal (and derivatives) without one or more derivatives.

This is what they said:
Dear Madam,

Please note that if one medical is on hold for one member of the family it will be on hold for the rest of the family and so there is no way you and your daughter can process your case ahead of your husband.

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 5

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi

This is what they said:
Dear Madam,

Please note that if one medical is on hold for one member of the family it will be on hold for the rest of the family and so there is no way you and your daughter can process your case ahead of your husband.

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 5

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi

Utter crap. You can attend an interview without your medical (plenty have) and the result is AP. So - assuming you are the principal, you could be approved and your husband placed on AP. If you want to process that way, you should write to them saying that you will attend your interview at the appointed date and process your applications so that you can gain your DV lottery based visa and will sponsor your husband later if his AP cannot be resolved by the end of the year.

There was a case in Morocco or Algeria a few years ago where the embassy was processing contrary to the usual procedures, and someone took an appeal about it to DoS (on principle as they had missed the FY and knew they could not get a visa) and successfully got the consulate there to change its procedures. I wonder if any Kenyans are prepared to do the same about the way Nairobi seems to handle its cases...

I did contact the Embassy who said the same thing. To be honest with you, my husband's 2nd xray came out normal but they still requested for a third xray. I know my refusing to be examined by a male doctor has a lot to do with it, but I won't start fighting an "NGO" that charges 10 times the amount I would pay at a private hospital.
Look, moving to the USA is not a life or death situation for me but it might be for some. Hopefully, the guy who couldn't get TB clearance but now has will get my spot.
I'm still seeing if anything is possible in my case so lets wait and see.

Maybe you should go straight to DoS/USCIS about this.

That would only be possible if they split the file which IOM are flatly refusing. They will only release the results by the 10th October.

Iom medical facility.
You are paying for the medicals and how they yandl them is entirely in accordance to your wish.

That would only be possible if they split the file which IOM are flatly refusing. They will only release the results by the 10th October.

Open a can of whoop ass on IOM then. There is NO WAY I would let a bunch of doctors (or more likely the office staff) mess me around like that. Ask them, is there some medical reason why two family members are MEDICALLY linked. If not, its BS. You can fix that. It's up to you.