• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

If it's any consolation, it's quite normal that there is only one or two panel doctors for a country or group of neighboring countries. There are security and other issues involved in appointment of these doctors.

IOM in Uganda is not an approved panel doctor. And people have to have medicals by the approved panel doctor for the embassy they are doing the interview at, there are many cases of people who live in one country that has a panel doctor but' interviewing in their home country, they cannot get the medical done where they live if it is not the same country they interview in even if the doctor is an approved panel doctor where they live.
The Nairobi embassy visa section serves the region.
The expatriate community around knows there are good, (way better than Iom) medical facilities where they frequent when in need of health care services.
IOM charges market rate or thereabouts but gives you refugee-like handling- yes that's how thr facility is.
Hard to comprehend.

The expatriate community around knows there are good, (way better than Iom) medical facilities where they frequent when in need of health care services.
IOM charges market rate or thereabouts but gives you refugee-like handling- yes that's how thr facility is.
Hard to comprehend.

It's not a case of who the community thinks is good! It's a case of who is approved by the relevant US embassy to be a panel doctor. You are lucky they don't charge more because they have a monopoly on the relevant immigration-related health service, many others do. That in no way excuses how they treat you, it is still you paying for the service after all.

Hard to comprehend.

There is a documented process for selecting/becoming a Panel Physician, it's not simply a matter of having better facilities that's more appropriate to treating the expatriate community. Some of these health care providers you're talking about are most likely not interested in being dictated to by the U.S. embassy on how to run their business - yes we should forgot that this is a business at the end of the day.

Any organization interested in participating in the program is more than welcome to approach the embassy and indicate their interest.

How To Select A Panel Physician and Monitor Their Activities:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/116723.pdf

Panel Physician Portal
http://www.cdc.gov/panelphysicians/

Hard to comprehend.

They don't even have parking and the stupid officers at the Swedish Embassy next door keep looking for bribes like if you make a u turn.

I guess it could be that Kenyan voices that "matter" rarel need emigration related services.True it's after all a market driven business.

I guess it could be that Kenyan voices that "matter" rarel need emigration related services.True it's after all a market driven business.

The Iom pple are soo rude.had a case where my quote was revised from 60000 to 65000.just because the lady at the US processing desk decided to be too ignorant to check if i had the quote n ordered a trainee to prepare for me another one.i founf the services to be of the same class as goverment hospital.the lady doctor was nice n really adviced me on the weight issue which i hav been fighting for years.all in all we were cleared and ready for the interview.
USmommy was really sad about ua case but am happy it turned up well.

The Iom pple are soo rude.had a case where my quote was revised from 60000 to 65000.just because the lady at the US processing desk decided to be too ignorant to check if i had the quote n ordered a trainee to prepare for me another one.i founf the services to be of the same class as goverment hospital.the lady doctor was nice n really adviced me on the weight issue which i hav been fighting for years.all in all we were cleared and ready for the interview.
USmommy was really sad about ua case but am happy it turned up well.
@liskubs, just for information, does it mean one can fail medical test because of being overweight or due to obesity?

hi guys I have been following this forum and has been of great help to us. we had a successful medical examination on 11th August waiting for our interview on 3rd September

Update about our big move.
A while ago I mentioned that I would finally go by end of this month.
Now I find it a bit hard to fulfil this pledge.
most compelling reason is that handing over my "hustling for a livelihood" needs much longer and even then, it will be running in a kind of partially hibernated mode for sometime.
Then the "laugh" of my life! Quietly rejoicing on getting a chance to complete her project which ends at the end of March 2016.
So guys I am going to be rooted in Nairobi till then, even though our visas expire next month and they must be activated.

Update about our big move.
A while ago I mentioned that I would finally go by end of this month.
Now I find it a bit hard to fulfil this pledge.
most compelling reason is that handing over my "hustling for a livelihood" needs much longer and even then, it will be running in a kind of partially hibernated mode for sometime.
Then the "laugh" of my life! Quietly rejoicing on getting a chance to complete her project which ends at the end of March 2016.
So guys I am going to be rooted in Nairobi till then, even though our visas expire next month and they must be activated.
@usken go did i miss the joke or how will you then travel to the US after visa expiry?

@usken go did i miss the joke or how will you then travel to the US after visa expiry?
No joke here, just a reality check about relocation. The cards will be activated meaning a compulsory short holiday. Too more travelling for young kids but its s sacrifice they must make. At the end of it all,they are the focus.

Last edited:
In the contemplary political situation in Kenya, the term hustler has a humorous connotation.
Laugh of my life too is from a popular hhumorous column in the Sunday Nation(google mwalimu Andrew in sunday nation weekly).
I am only trying to take a financially demanding issue In my stride.
Your Kenyan tea gets a second delay as west coast stop over was in the big move itinerary.

Hi all, so the Embassy has cancelled my DV interview slot. There is nothing I can do about it. I guess this means it is the end of the line for me. It is a stupid policy, It is discrimination and not in line with standard operating procedures, but it is a policy for the Nairobi Consulate. It was nice having the DV family here for over a year and I would like to thank you for all the support and encouragement. FYI, this was because my husband's Xray had a scar. You'd think with all these precautions he was a confirmed ebola case or something.

The local embassy was very helpful and responsive and I encourage all applicants to ask your questions well in advance so you aren't stuck in a situation like me.

Good luck guys.

Hi all, so the Embassy has cancelled my DV interview slot. There is nothing I can do about it. I guess this means it is the end of the line for me. It is a stupid policy, It is discrimination and not in line with standard operating procedures, but it is a policy for the Nairobi Consulate. It was nice having the DV family here for over a year and I would like to thank you for all the support and encouragement. FYI, this was because my husband's Xray had a scar. You'd think with all these precautions he was a confirmed ebola case or something.

The local embassy was very helpful and responsive and I encourage all applicants to ask your questions well in advance so you aren't stuck in a situation like me.

Good luck guys.
Take heart @usamommy2015. You live to try another time. There is a time for everything under the Sun. Your best times are still ahead.

Good luck guys.
Am really sorry, sorry for asking this, I thought Nairobi embassy agreed for results to be sent in separately. Who cancelled interview, was it Kcc, Your interview was supposed to be early next month.
I thought Kcc responsible for scheduling interviews. From reading about your hubby chest x-ray results, I got a bit worried and had one done by my private doctor.
Maybe all is not lost, let's hear what britsimonsays.com got to say

Ha
"Hustler" very often has a negative connotation in normal English usage... You may want to be careful about how you use it in the U.S. Certainly don't go around telling people that is what you do!!!

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/hustler
Ha ha ha.
I know. Here, "hustlers" are known to move in pricy, hired jets.It has not been used straight off the dictionary. As I said, in local context. Follow Kenyan politics a little.tragicomic economic consequences to the society aside, you will find humour in it.