• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

But I am pregnant, I would need to have him on the flight as I will have a toddler and will be about 30 weeks. He will have to accompany me. Will it be a big problem? He would stay till delivery. We would process the newborn's passport and then get back on the next plane to NBO. I'd then go back after the one year. Will that affect our petition, because I was planning on applying as soon as we arrive.

Travelling with a toddler isn't as bad as you seem to think - even whilst pregnant. You can book assistance and make sure you have smooth arrangements to be met upon arrival.

Now, you might also want to consider delaying the activation until after the birth. If you have to go down the F2A route, the current priority date is Dec 2013 - so you will have to figure out how to establish a home in the USA (without your husband being able to work), or perhaps activate and apply for a re-entry permit. However, you must remember that you will need to file an I-864 to sponsor your husband, so it would be good if you have settled and developed an income, otherwise you will need someone else to co-sponsor with you.

None that I'm aware of. According to CDC:

If an applicant has a positive TB skin test, a chest x-ray and three sputum samples are taken to do further testing. Sputum samples are used in smear and culture tests, which are very useful in detecting TB. Although, smear tests can be done quickly, cultures take 6-8 weeks before results are final.

Immigrant applicants over age 10 cannot travel to the United States until these culture results are ready. But, for children age 10 and younger, the process is now slightly different. Typically, young children are not infectious (able to spread TB). However, even in young children, if certain factors are present care should be taken to decrease the risk of spreading TB to others.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...culosis-panel-technical-instructions-faq.html

it is that "6-8" weeks bit that is interesting. If there was a way to get that report at 6 weeks - she would have a chance of clearing AP before 9/30.

it is that "6-8" weeks bit that is interesting. If there was a way to get that report at 6 weeks - she would have a chance of clearing AP before 9/30.

I suppose their telling her the maximum time it could possibly take is their attempt to err on the side of caution. Not sure one can convince the lab/doctor's office to conclude the test and get the report ready by the 6 weeks minimum required time.

Your needing to have him travel with you is one thing, the CBP officer admitting him on a tourist visa when he's accompanying family members holding IVs is another thing. I'm basically trying to get you to see the possibility of his being found inadmissible at the POE especially if they get to know he wasn't able to get his visa with the rest of your to due to medical check, and if the sputum smear test actually turns out positive. I would expect the CBP officer to ask why he didn't have an IV like the rest of the family he's accompanying.

Your plan to go in, have your baby, get his/her passport and return to NB shouldn't negatively impact your petition, however I wouldn't expect you to share that plan with the IO unless of course they specifically ask.

I am not saying it doesn't make sense, it makes sense. I also understand a lot of people do use illegal means to get into the States. My husband has a standing offer of $10,000 obo for his passport because he has a valid US visa. Just spoils for the rest of us who don't plan to do anything illegal. We won't process his visa application i.e we will withdraw it and we will tell the CBP he was not planning to move yet as we had a problem with the medical. I would prefer to go with him and with valid reason, but you've given me a lot to think about, so maybe we can have him go a day earlier and meet us at the airport.

Can't he just go to the USA and apply for an AOS. The scar is definitely Not TB. We can do a Mantoux test here and then he can go there and do it again....

Can't he just go to the USA and apply for an AOS. The scar is definitely Not TB. We can do a Mantoux test here and then he can go there and do it again....

No, he cannot do that:
- Entering the US on a NIV with the preconceived intent of status adjustment is considered a fraudulent misrepresentation
- He most certainly will not have enough time to complete the process before the end of the FY

No, he cannot do that:
- Entering the US on a NIV with the preconceived intent of status adjustment is considered a fraudulent misrepresentation
- He most certainly will not have enough time to complete the process before the end of the FY

Do they accept Mantoux Test in India? Takes 72 hours. He is an Indian Passport holder and his Kenyan permit expires this week. I am supposed to put in an application for renewal, but if we can get his dv visa from there, I can hold off that application. Valid reason: He will be out of status.

Sorry to hear the news. I agree with simon and mom, that you should go ahead, but that he is almost certain to be denied entry if he tries accompany you on a tourist visa. While there may be difficulties in the short term, keep your eye on the prize!

Do they accept Mantoux Test in India? Takes 72 hours. He is an Indian Passport holder and his Kenyan permit expires this week. I am supposed to put in an application for renewal, but if we can get his dv visa from there, I can hold off that application. Valid reason: He will be out of status.

The Mantoux Skin Test is only administered to children 2 - 15 years old. Adults are required to have the chest x-ray.

Even if he's able to do the skin test in India in place of the chest x-ray, I still doubt the possibility of him being able to complete the process before the end of the FY. You, as the PA has to complete your interview and be approved, following which your case file gets sent to India before they now go ahead and schedule him for his interview.

I come with bad news. Went for our medicals on Friday. On returning on Monday, they told us my husband needs to re-do the chest x-ray. So we re-did the x-ray. We got an email on Tuesday saying he had to come again for an x-ray. Today we were informed that he needed a sputum culture which takes 8 weeks. The results would come on 8 oct way past DV visa issuance deadline. My first thought was bye bye DV. Nice knowing you. Then we thought as I am the main applicant we can sponsor him. He already has a 10 year tourist visa. I would be the pregnant woman due in November so I need my husband around and working.

Our interview is scheduled for 8 September. Looking forward to what BritSimon, Sm1smom and SusieQQQ are suggesting.

BTW I had to do the x-ray with a protective lead cover. My only grievance was, in all their counselling and explanations, they told me this was extremely safe for the baby, but literally right before screening they made me sign a waiver which said they explained the dangers to me.

My daughter (3 years old) got 7 shots. all in one day. She also had a TB needle test done... I got 2 and the OH got 3.
Am really so sorry about that.

Sorry to hear about your spouse usamom, its a hurdle that in my view requires clear focus on the prize.
To a echo others:
1. Best bet is you and the toddler going it alone, activate and return.Take the airline I have often recommended. They have e excellent infant and mother seating arrangements, that you can confirm as you compare and book online.
2.stop cudgelling your brain about a petition for now. Push It down the list and FOCUS.
3. My take on Nairobi embassy is that the the law is the law. your husband will grt an AP and that's 330$ unwisely spent. You will likely need to mention to the CO, on her request, why he could not come for the unterview.
Finally, you still might request to lean a bit heavily on your host and get your Citizen kid.

Last edited:
Please help me. My birth cert and passport have names x y z. However my ID and school transcripts have names z y x. How do I go about this? Am I doomed? Should I just stop pursuing the process or there is something I can do? My Dv260 and consular have x y z names. The z and x names are my Surname and first name respectively.

Please help me. My birth cert and passport have names x y z. However my ID and school transcripts have names z y x. How do I go about this? Am I doomed? Should I just stop pursuing the process or there is something I can do? My Dv260 and consular have x y z names. The z and x names are my Surname and first name respectively.

Go to your school and get them to change the name on your transcript. Or get an affidavit saying you had your names on your Ksce certificate mixed up and you're the same person. This is not a gone case as your name on your edv and passport match which is the most important thing. End of the day its up to to CO but its not worth giving up.

Go to your school and get them to change the name on your transcript. Or get an affidavit saying you had your names on your Ksce certificate mixed up and you're the same person. This is not a gone case as your name on your edv and passport match which is the most important thing. End of the day its up to to CO but its not worth giving up.
Thanks a lot usamommy. What about the kcpe and kcse transcripts? Is it possible to get an affidavit defending my other names arrangement? Because its evenly used.