• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Say what?????? You just flipping made my day!!! Congratulations! In fact double congratulations to you.

By the way, where's the party taking place???

margarita.gif.gif

Thanks mom! :) I guess we're gonna go Pinstripes in Georgetown, DC! I don't know if you live around here, feel free to join us if you do! :)

I know but I called USCIS and kcc they all told me you can't do anything without your visa number is available and I waited for it I called USCIS today they told me well mail you the reason and your options I'm sorry for not being attended here I was busy I never realized that I got message from @EURO2014
:) You had "liked" my question, yet unfortunately did not respond:
"Levo said:
Guys besides from my sponsor I also worked with f1 visa and I have a ssn should show my W2 as well ?

Would it be correct to assume that your work, whilst under F-1, was with the college/university that issued your I-20 or was otherwise covered under specific USCIS work authorization?
EURO2014, Aug 23, 2015

Levo and Asia174 like this. "

Be it as it will, unfortunately the only thing you might be able to do today or in the coming days is to find out the exact reason why you have been declined. It won't change reality, yet at least you'll know for sure. Sorry!

:) You had "liked" my question, yet unfortunately did not respond:
"Levo said:
Guys besides from my sponsor I also worked with f1 visa and I have a ssn should show my W2 as well ?

Would it be correct to assume that your work, whilst under F-1, was with the college/university that issued your I-20 or was otherwise covered under specific USCIS work authorization?
EURO2014, Aug 23, 2015

Levo and Asia174 like this. "

Be it as it will, unfortunately the only thing you might be able to do today or in the coming days is to find out the exact reason why you have been declined. It won't change reality, yet at least you'll know for sure. Sorry!
My school knew that I worked I had permission

My school knew that I worked I had permission
Just for the records: did you
a) work for the specific college/university that issued your I-20 or
b) did you have USCIS authorization to work outside of the university as integral part of your studies, i.e. required internship, OPT etc., in other words: did you hold an USCIS Employment Authorization card?
Unfortunately there is no option c)...

It was curricular practical training
No, if you would like to get a correct response, you'll need to let us know whether option a) or b) applies to your case. If neither does apply, you undertook unauthorized employment (either with or without your school's knowledge, doesn't matter) - "curricular practical training" alone doesn't cut it...

N
No, if you would like to get a correct response, you'll need to let us know whether option a) or b) applies to your case. If neither does apply, you undertook unauthorized employment (either with or without your school's knowledge, doesn't matter) - "curricular practical training" alone doesn't cut it...
neither

N

neither
O.K., got it. What you then should probably do right away is
1. Confirm whether or not "unauthorized employment" is the reason for your DV rejection. Hopefully this is not the case!
2. In case it should be, though, sit together asap with the "international folks" at your school and review your current legal F-1 status, as you possibly just documented to USCIS unauthorized employment, possibly infringing on your legal F-1 status in the US.

Hello everyone,

Here's a little interesting story about my case. After getting no clear answer during my InfoPass appointment on Sep 21st I totally gave up on the case and prepared to apply for GC through my employer. However, I received a phone call from the supervisor who was working on my case on Sep 28th who invited me for an interview on Sep 29th. The interview was very fun. We joked and laughed for about 15 minutes. The only original documents that she checked were my passport, driver's license and my H1B docs. She asked a couple of questions about my job and went over the usual series of questions about criminal activities, etc. At the end of the interview she told me that she's still waiting for my clearance and if she gets it by 4:30PM Sep 30th she can approve my case. She said she would call me to give me a birthday gift if she received it (today is my birthday).

I received a phone call at 3:50PM - just 40 minutes before the deadline - and the officer told me that she's approved the case and I should receive the green card in about 3-4 weeks and if I don't receive it by then I should get an InfoPass. I immediately checked my status online but it was still showing the "we received your fingerprint fees..." message. I checked again in 10 minutes at which point it was updated and said on such and such date we ordered card production.

I want to thank everyone on this forum who helped me go through this process. Especially mom and britsmon who gave detailed explanation of every step of the way. I will update the timeline when I receive the green card, but I guess this will be my last post here.

Best wishes to those of us who couldn't get their green cards and congrats to everyone who is a permanent resident now. Today is my birthday and the day that I became a permanent resident in the US. This calls for a wild party. I'm off to go out and have a blast.

Cheers,
Armin

How awesome, last minute sneaking in! Congrats!

:((( I'll try

I wish you could. By law no visas for a DV year can be issued after that DV year has ended. It's very clear in the instructions. I'm sorry ...

(....that's why mom suggested you go right back to the office today to argue your case...)

:((( I'll try

Honestly speaking, there's absolutely nothing to be done after today, which is why I told you earlier on to go down to your FO right away. I mean we've been trying to tell you right from the day one you came to this forum that everything ends by the close of business on Sept 30th!

It was curricular practical training
Just for the records: did you
a) work for the specific college/university that issued your I-20 or
b) did you have USCIS authorization to work outside of the university as integral part of your studies, i.e. required internship, OPT etc., in other words: did you hold an USCIS Employment Authorization card?
Unfortunately there is no option c)...
i believe curricular practical training is NOT unauthorized employment.