• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Been wondering about him too @Levo . Hopefully he made it!

On second thought, I realized we have 3 members whose outcome we're not aware of:

@ArminJason waiting for IL as at Sept 10th which is when he was last seen online, had an INFOPASS scheduled for Sept 21st. Looks like he might have given up on the process

@Tamar attended interview on Sept 16th - the interview experience wasn't a good one for them, according to her - hasn't returned since then to update us on the final outcome

@Levo waiting for IL as at Sept 15th, had an INFOPASS scheduled for Sept 21st, same day he was last seen online - didn't update on the INFOPASS outcome or if the IL has since shown up

Hello every one,
Congrats to all of the new immigrants to the USA.
I'm new immigrant with my husband and the children. We provided the form I-134 in our AOS file to Chicago, we did the interview and the officer was nice and asked all the yes and no questions and the g-325 for all of us even the children. We asked her about the Kcc file and said I don't understand what you are talking about and stamp our passports for one year GC.
After we arrived home she called us again and canceled all the GC s, she apologized for didn't get our point about Kcc file and he promised will call us when he receive the file, after 15 days called us and informed us we are approved and get a new GC in our passport instead of the one they canceled. our case and we got our welcome letter and the GC after one week , it was no card production ordered, by the way we got it. Became so green.
The question for Mom Britsimon and all:
1- I can travel more than month to our home country?
2 - we are told by some people that health Insurrance is required, we don't have to pay that, can we ask the DCF for help or that will be public charge like the good stamp? If so what us the alternatives if me and my husband try to find job for $3000 for both of us in shop like Walmart and they don't give other benefit like the health Insurrance?
If we applied for help from the government in the first year or 2 years is it cause problem for our future citizenship or the person who signed us the I-134 form as a sponsor?
Please advise if you have any experience. Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
Hello every one,
Congrats to all of the new immigrants to the USA.
I'm new immigrant with my husband and the children. We provided the form I-134 in our AOS file to Chicago, we did the interview and the officer was nice and asked all the yes and no questions and the g-325 for all of us even the children. We asked her about the Kcc file and said I don't understand what you are talking about and stamp our passports for one year GC.
After we arrived home she called us again and canceled all the GC s, she apologized for didn't get our point about Kcc file and he promised will call us when he receive the file, after 15 days called us and informed us we are approved and get a new GC in our passport instead of the one they canceled. our case and we got our welcome letter and the GC after one week , it was no card production ordered, by the way we got it. Became so green.
The question for Mom Britsimon and all:
1- I can travel more than month to our home country?
2 - we are told by some people that health Insurrance is required, we don't have to pay that, can we ask the DCF for help or that will be public charge like the good stamp? If so what us the alternatives if me and my husband try to find job for $3000 for both of us in shop like Walmart and they don't give other benefit like the health Insurrance?
If we applied for help from the government in the first year or 2 years is it cause problem for our future citizenship or the person who signed us the I-134 form as a sponsor?
Please advise if you have any experience. Thanks in advanced

Your interview experience was quite scary, but in glad to know you guys eventually got approved. So congratulations.

1. Yes you may travel to your home country for more than one month. You can travel for up to 6 months without running into problems with your LPR status. But don't make a habit of going back and forth every 6 months or you could end up loosing your permanent residency.

2. Every immigrant is required to have their own personal health insurance. DCF may be able to provide certain health assistance, it is however not intended to replace your required health insurance. Yes there are different types of assistance available through DCF, however, you will need to be very careful with the kind of help you seek and receive from DCF as some of those may end up making you become a public charge which will impact your citizenship application years down the road. You and your husband will just have to be diligent at finding a job that can pay your bills and provide you with the necessary health insurance coverage.

Your interview experience was quite scary, but in glad to know you guys eventually got approved. So congratulations.

1. Yes you may travel to your home country for more than one month. You can travel for up to 6 months without running into problems with your LPR status. But don't make a habit of going back and forth every 6 months or you could end up loosing your permanent residency.

2. Every immigrant is required to have their own personal health insurance. DCF may be able to provide certain health assistance, it is however not intended to replace your required health insurance. Yes there are different types of assistance available through DCF, however, you will need to be very careful with the kind of help you seek and receive from DCF as some of those may end up making you become a public charge which will impact your citizenship application years down the road. You and your husband will just have to be diligent at finding a job that can pay your bills and provide you with the necessary health insurance coverage.
Thanks a lot for all the information. Appreciate your advise.

Aaaand, I am back for advice :)
on 21st my status was updated to: "on 14th, the Post Office delivered your new card ". I only received a welcome letter. I contacted immigration on 24th that I never received my card and they told me to wait for an email from Missouri office!? I have been waiting and still nothing. USPS also asked me to wait for their call.
I really don't know what is the right thing to do. I have a ticket to overseas, Could I still do an infopass and get the passport stamped?

Aaaand, I am back for advice :)
on 21st my status was updated to: "on 14th, the Post Office delivered your new card ". I only received a welcome letter. I contacted immigration on 24th that I never received my card and they told me to wait for an email from Missouri office!? I have been waiting and still nothing. USPS also asked me to wait for their call.
I really don't know what is the right thing to do. I have a ticket to overseas, Could I still do an infopass and get the passport stamped?
My final update in the USCIS status website was
Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
On September 9, 2015, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxx, to the address that you gave us. The tracking number assigned is 92055923384001xxxxxxxx. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Did you get that? If you have a tracking number, you can check with USPS (online or via phone) to see whether the order was delivered/returned/etc. If not, maybe ask USCIS for the tracking number on your GC letter?

I woulnd't be super-worried yet, but I'd definitely want to know what's going on. Getting an infopass and a stamp is always an option but eventually you do want your GC with you.

My final update in the USCIS status website was Did you get that? If you have a tracking number, you can check with USPS (online or via phone) to see whether the order was delivered/returned/etc. If not, maybe ask USCIS for the tracking number on your GC letter?

I woulnd't be super-worried yet, but I'd definitely want to know what's going on. Getting an infopass and a stamp is always an option but eventually you do want your GC with you.

Yes Ivo, my USCIS status is exactly like yours (of course with a tracking number)
As I said, I have contacted both USCIS and USPS on phone; both asked me to wait. USPS wants to interview the guy who claims delivery. However I never understood what USCIS is up to; Officer told me to wait for an email from Missouri office.

I didn't realize you had a tracking number - does the USPS tracker says letter was delivered? That would have me worried for sure.

I'd say keep pushing people in USCIS, and hopefully an email (and a card!) soon come through for you.

Yes Ivo, my USCIS status is exactly like yours (of course with a tracking number)
As I said, I have contacted both USCIS and USPS on phone; both asked me to wait. USPS wants to interview the guy who claims delivery. However I never understood what USCIS is up to; Officer told me to wait for an email from Missouri office.

Call USCIS again and hear what the 'new agent' you speak with has to say regarding the issue. And yes, you can take your WL to your FO to get a stamp. But the most important thing right now is to get to the bottom of what's going on with your GC. And contact USPS again, don't seat back waiting for them to get in touch with you.

Hello guys sorry for not keeping in touch with you guys but I just checked my status and it says we denied your form I-485. So after I received biometrics letter they called me for interview and I went to interview without having my biometrics. Interview went smooth he just asked questions about my I-20 and school also I was missing my birth certificate English translated and high school diploma English translated I told the officer I can bring the birth certificate today and fingerprints but hg diploma will be too late and I gave him transcript in English he said I can get by with this and on the same day I handed my biometrics and birth certificate my status was your correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it. So today I just saw my form is denied and we mailed you the reason why so I'm really disappointed I called the USCIS the lady over the phone said I'll check your case and call you back

Call USCIS again and hear what the 'new agent' you speak with has to say regarding the issue. And yes, you can take your WL to your FO to get a stamp. But the most important thing right now is to get to the bottom of what's going on with your GC. And contact USPS again, don't seat back waiting for them to get in touch with you.

Dear Sm1smom: They updated my case status to: "As of September 24, 2015, your request to have your Permanent Resident Card resent to you, referral number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently not assigned for processing. We will notify you if your document cannot be produced and provide any instructions."

I will go to an infopass very soon. Will let you know how it goes. Going to USPS right now...

Dear Ivo: yes it says delivered. Thanks, I really hope so too.

Hello guys sorry for not keeping in touch with you guys but I just checked my status and it says we denied your form I-485. So after I received biometrics letter they called me for interview and I went to interview without having my biometrics. Interview went smooth he just asked questions about my I-20 and school also I was missing my birth certificate English translated and high school diploma English translated I told the officer I can bring the birth certificate today and fingerprints but hg diploma will be too late and I gave him transcript in English he said I can get by with this and on the same day I handed my biometrics and birth certificate my status was your correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it. So today I just saw my form is denied and we mailed you the reason why so I'm really disappointed I called the USCIS the lady over the phone said I'll check your case and call you back

How unfortunate! I honestly think it sucks you allowed your case to end in a denial. Admittedly you had no idea of this forum's existence until mid-late August and you had no idea regarding the fact that you could have submitted your package earlier than you did. Regardless, you didn't quite take advantage of the wealth of information available to help you through. You attended your interview without translated copies of your HS Diploma and Birth Certificate? And how where you able to hand your biometrics over to the IO with your birth certificate?

Anyway, my suggestion to you would actually be to go down to your FO right away to try and find out why you were denied. Yes, you don't have an appointment, but you can make a case for the guards to let you in considering the fact that today is the last day for DV2015. You can still make things happen if you highly desire it. Unless of course your denial is based on the possibility of having undertaken unauthorized employment in the past, in which case nothing can be done to reverse the decision. I seem to recollect @EURO2014 asking you about this and you never bothered to respond to his post.

How unfortunate! I honestly think it sucks you allowed your case to end in a denial. Admittedly you had no idea of this forum's existence until mid-late August and you had no idea regarding the fact that you could have submitted your package earlier than you did. Regardless, you didn't quite take advantage of the wealth of information available to help you through. You attended your interview without translated copies of your HS Diploma and Birth Certificate? And how where you able to hand your biometrics over to the IO with your birth certificate?

Anyway, my suggestion to you would actually be to go down to your FO right away to try and find out why you were denied. Yes, you don't have an appointment, but you can make a case for the guards to let you in considering the fact that today is the last day for DV2015. You can still make things happen if you highly desire it. Unless of course your denial is based on the possibility of having undertaken unauthorized employment in the past, in which case nothing can be done to reverse the decision. I seem to recollect @EURO2014 asking you about this and you never bothered to respond to his post.
I know but I called USCIS and kcc they all told me you can't do anything without your visa number is available and I waited for it I called USCIS today they told me well mail you the reason and your options I'm sorry for not being attended here I was busy I never realized that I got message from @EURO2014

When I spoke to USCIS over the phone for my interview they said we can squeeze you for fingerprints after or before your interview

I do understand your frustration, but do remain positive. I'm very much keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Hello everyone,

Here's a little interesting story about my case. After getting no clear answer during my InfoPass appointment on Sep 21st I totally gave up on the case and prepared to apply for GC through my employer. However, I received a phone call from the supervisor who was working on my case on Sep 28th who invited me for an interview on Sep 29th. The interview was very fun. We joked and laughed for about 15 minutes. The only original documents that she checked were my passport, driver's license and my H1B docs. She asked a couple of questions about my job and went over the usual series of questions about criminal activities, etc. At the end of the interview she told me that she's still waiting for my clearance and if she gets it by 4:30PM Sep 30th she can approve my case. She said she would call me to give me a birthday gift if she received it (today is my birthday).

I received a phone call at 3:50PM - just 40 minutes before the deadline - and the officer told me that she's approved the case and I should receive the green card in about 3-4 weeks and if I don't receive it by then I should get an InfoPass. I immediately checked my status online but it was still showing the "we received your fingerprint fees..." message. I checked again in 10 minutes at which point it was updated and said on such and such date we ordered card production.

I want to thank everyone on this forum who helped me go through this process. Especially mom and britsmon who gave detailed explanation of every step of the way. I will update the timeline when I receive the green card, but I guess this will be my last post here.

Best wishes to those of us who couldn't get their green cards and congrats to everyone who is a permanent resident now. Today is my birthday and the day that I became a permanent resident in the US. This calls for a wild party. I'm off to go out and have a blast.

Cheers,
Armin

Last edited:
If that's the case like undertaken unauthorized employment , what do I need to do ?

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do in that case. If indeed you've done unauthorized work, you're actually out of status and you were not eligible to even file AOS to start with.

Hello everyone,

Here's a little interesting story about my case. After getting no clear answer during my InfoPass appointment on Sep 21st I totally gave up on the case and prepared to apply for GC through my employer. However, I received a phone call from the supervisor who was working on my case on Sep 28th who invited me for an interview on Sep 29th. The interview was very fun. We joked and laughed for about 15 minutes. The only original documents that she checked were my passport, driver's license and my H1B docs. She asked a couple of questions about my job and went over the usual series of questions about criminal activities, etc. At the end of the interview she told me that she's still waiting for my clearance and if she gets it by 4:30PM Sep 30th she can approve my case. She said she would call me to give me a birthday gift if she received it (today is my birthday).

I received a phone call at 3:50PM - just 40 minutes before the deadline - and the officer told me that she's approved the case and I should receive the green card in about 3-4 weeks and if I don't receive it by then I should get an InfoPass. I immediately checked my status online but it was still showing the "we received your fingerprint fees..." message. I checked again in 10 minutes at which point it was updated and said on such and such date we ordered card production.

I want to thank everyone on this forum who helped me go through this process. Especially mom and britsmon who gave detailed explanation of every step of the way. I will update the timeline when I receive the green card, but I guess this will be my last post here.

Best wishes to those of us who couldn't get their green cards and congrats to everyone who is a permanent resident now. Today is my birthday and the day that I became a permanent resident in the US. This calls for a wild party. I'm off to go out and have a blast.

Cheers,
Armin

Say what?????? You just flipping made my day!!! Congratulations! In fact double congratulations to you.

By the way, where's the party taking place???

margarita.gif.gif

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do in that case. If indeed you've done unauthorized work, you're actually out of status and you were not eligible to even file AOS to start with.
They're gonna tell me in the mail I hope I have a way out cause I was always legal in this country