• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Okay!! So my status just changed to new card being processed and we will mail it to you,, but I didn't have an interview yet!! And my work permit status changed to case terminated because the application or petitioner received a status or benefit through other means
What does that means??

Okay!! So my status just changed to new card being processed and we will mail it to you,, but I didn't have an interview yet!! And my work permit status changed to case terminated because the application or petitioner received a status or benefit through other means
What does that means??

Wow! Looks like you're one unbelievably fortunate person! One of the few to be approved without an interview - yes, some FOs do that! Which is the main reason we've always encouraged applicants to ensure their initial AOS package is as complete as possible.

Congratulations!!

What does that means??

Nice one! Congratulations.

Wow! Looks like you're one unbelievably fortunate person! One of the few to be approved without an interview - yes, some FOs do that! Which is the main reason we've always encouraged applicants to ensure their initial AOS package is as complete as possible.

Congratulations!!
Wow thank you so much, I heard about people getting approved without an interview but I always thought it was just a myth :))

What does that means??
Great Congratulations Khaled, so happy for you.

I'm sorry your expedite request was declined by your FO. However, just like you've stated in the notice they sent to you, they seem aware of the pending deadline. I'm certain your your IL will show up soon.

You'll just have to ask them upfront at the INFOPASS if your background check has cleared. Ask them if your KCC file has been requested and received. Ask to now the possibility of when you could be called. Attend the INFOPASS with the possibility of being interviewed on the spot - it's been known to happen. You could politely request to speak with a supervisor if you're not satisfied with the respons(es) you get - there's no guarantee that request would be obliged either. Unfortunately I don't know of anything you else you can do to prevent them from giving you a possible standard response of 'we're on top it'

Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply mom. I went to USCIS today, the officer told me to wait so she could give me the interview letter in person, but she came back after about 30 minutes and said that they are waiting to hear on my background check and that they've sent an expedite request about it last Tuesday. She told me there's a chance I'll get an interview letter in the coming weeks, but frankly I don't think there's enough time with the speed with which federal agencies work. I've given up completely at this point.

If I do hear back from them I'm gonna let you guys know and complete the spreadsheet. If not, I don't think I'll be coming here anytime soon. So thanks a lot for all the help and support.

Cheers,
Armin

Thanks Mom, Simon, Sussie and everyone on this forum. I went to my FO today per my InfoPass Appt and I requested to speak to a supervisor but the officer said she was going to check if she was in so she returned after about 30 mins and said that the supervisor was not in yet. I explained to her that it is hard for me to get InfoPasses at my FO so she gave me one with an open date and she got my contact information. A few minutes ago I just got a call from the supervisor and she said that she will put my IL today in the mail and I am scheduled for an interview on Sept 21. The supervisor also confirmed that she received my file from KCC.

Thanks for the quick reply mom. I went to USCIS today, the officer told me to wait so she could give me the interview letter in person, but she came back after about 30 minutes and said that they are waiting to hear on my background check and that they've sent an expedite request about it last Tuesday. She told me there's a chance I'll get an interview letter in the coming weeks, but frankly I don't think there's enough time with the speed with which federal agencies work. I've given up completely at this point.

If I do hear back from them I'm gonna let you guys know and complete the spreadsheet. If not, I don't think I'll be coming here anytime soon. So thanks a lot for all the help and support.

Cheers,
Armin

I think it's such a shame you're willing to throw down the towel so easily. It looks like your FO is actually trying to make things happen for you. It is absolutely possible to be interviewed on Sept. 30th and be approved on the spot, should it come to that. But then I guess you're trying to steel yourself for a worse case scenario I suppose.

Thanks Mom, Simon, Sussie and everyone on this forum. I went to my FO today per my InfoPass Appt and I requested to speak to a supervisor but the officer said she was going to check if she was in so she returned after about 30 mins and said that the supervisor was not in yet. I explained to her that it is hard for me to get InfoPasses at my FO so she gave me one with an open date and she got my contact information. A few minutes ago I just got a call from the supervisor and she said that she will put my IL today in the mail and I am scheduled for an interview on Sept 21. The supervisor also confirmed that she received my file from KCC.

I suppose Susie, Simon and I should each be expecting a $1600 or so check in the mail any time soon? (Remember the $5K check you were eager to cut out to that 'highly reputable' law firm?) ;):p:D

On a more serious note though, a big congratulations to you coming this far, and all the best with the interview. Of course be sure to retain the open INFOPASS they gave you, just in case you need to give them another push again after your interview.

Awesome - well done. Informed, polite but firm. Works wonders.

Thank you so much. I will retain the open InfoPass per your advice Mom. I had initially scheduled 2 InfoPasses one for today and another for Sept 17. I will keep the one for Sept 17th also just in case I do not get the IL by then, then I will go back to my FO but the supervisor said I should get it by Saturday. On another note, I will not cut the $5K check to that miracles claiming performing law firm instead I will cut out 3 checks to Mom, Simon and Sussie:):)

Thank you so much. I will retain the open InfoPass per your advice Mom. I had initially scheduled 2 InfoPasses one for today and another for Sept 17. I will keep the one for Sept 17th also just in case I do not get the IL by then, then I will go back to my FO but the supervisor said I should get it by Saturday. On another note, I will not cut the $5K check to that miracles claiming performing law firm instead I will cut out 3 checks to Mom, Simon and Sussie:):)

Good idea regarding the Sept 17th INFOPASS. Be sure to release it though if your IL shows up before then, it could make a difference in someone else's life.

I think it's such a shame you're willing to throw down the towel so easily. It looks like your FO is actually trying to make things happen for you. It is absolutely possible to be interviewed on Sept. 30th and be approved on the spot, should it come to that. But then I guess you're trying to steel yourself for a worse case scenario I suppose.

Thanks for the encouragement mom. Right after today's appointment I booked another appointment for September 21st, but I don't think that's gonna help much. The last time I went there the officer told me that the supervisor who had my application had a huge backlog and was on vacation. She told me they had an internal meeting about the situation and that they're assigning the applications to other people. I'm disappointed at how someone's lack of interest in their work can affect so many people's lives. But then again, the world shouldn't and doesn't revolve around me! :)

Thanks for the encouragement mom. Right after today's appointment I booked another appointment for September 21st, but I don't think that's gonna help much. The last time I went there the officer told me that the supervisor who had my application had a huge backlog and was on vacation. She told me they had an internal meeting about the situation and that they're assigning the applications to other people. I'm disappointed at how someone's lack of interest in their work can affect so many people's lives. But then again, the world shouldn't and doesn't revolve around me! :)

I do understand your frustration, but do remain positive. I'm very much keeping my fingers crossed for you!

To God Be The Glory!!!! Finally, my Green Card arrived today!!! I Just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum for all your help. Like I said previously, this has been the best forum I've ever been part of.

My special thanks go to Mom and Brit!! You are always on point!! I count myself blessed just by coming across this forum. I was clueless about the whole process barely two weeks to being Current. I became a member barely a week before I sent my package. I remember Brit telling me to make sure I go over the whole "DV 2015 thread" before sending my package. I took every bit of your advice and today I'm happy I did.

Once more, thank You!!!!

Good idea regarding the Sept 17th INFOPASS. Be sure to release it though if your IL shows up before then, it could make a difference in someone else's life.
Per your advice Mom I will release my Sept 17th InfoPass if I get my IL before then and true it could help someone else. I will also keep you posted on how my interview goes.

Hi Mom,

I have my interview on the 16th of Sept. I was wandering if I should call my field office to see whether my file was sent from KCC, or I should just wait until my interview?

Thank you!!

Hi Mom,

I have my interview on the 16th of Sept. I was wandering if I should call my field office to see whether my file was sent from KCC, or I should just wait until my interview?

Thank you!!

You call KCC to find out if your FO has requested your KCC file. If they say yes, follow up by asking to know when the request was made, if the file had been sent, when it got sent etc.

You call KCC to find out if your FO has requested your KCC file. If they say yes, follow up by asking to know when the request was made, if the file had been sent, when it got sent etc.

Thank you for the advice, I called KCC, and they could not give me anymore information than what I already knew from the on-line status (maybe I called the wrong number or something. I will check with my field office on Wednesday. On another note, I forgot to ask; my original birth-certificate is scheduled to arrive next week (my mom kept if for me) Friday, after my interview, what are the chances they will ask for it if any?