• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Thank you for the advice, I called KCC, and they could not give me anymore information than what I already knew from the on-line status (maybe I called the wrong number or something. I will check with my field office on Wednesday. On another note, I forgot to ask; my original birth-certificate is scheduled to arrive next week (my mom kept if for me) Friday, after my interview, what are the chances they will ask for it if any?

No, you did not call KCC, you called USCIS which is like trying to get in touch with your FO. There's on online status check regarding the KCC file or KCC processing.

Regarding the original BC, I don't know. It all depends on the IO. They may or may not demand to see the original copy, you'll find out soon enough.

Thank you for the advice, I called KCC, and they could not give me anymore information than what I already knew from the on-line status (maybe I called the wrong number or something. I will check with my field office on Wednesday. On another note, I forgot to ask; my original birth-certificate is scheduled to arrive next week (my mom kept if for me) Friday, after my interview, what are the chances they will ask for it if any?
Call this number, I know I had trouble figuring out what number to call: (606) 526-7500
Also, chances are decent that they won't ask for your BC, though if they do... well it doesn't look too rosy.

Thank you so much. I will retain the open InfoPass per your advice Mom. I had initially scheduled 2 InfoPasses one for today and another for Sept 17. I will keep the one for Sept 17th also just in case I do not get the IL by then, then I will go back to my FO but the supervisor said I should get it by Saturday. On another note, I will not cut the $5K check to that miracles claiming performing law firm instead I will cut out 3 checks to Mom, Simon and Sussie:):)
I want a cut too:D

Pray you are not asked for it. I know I was.
If the IO asks and holds the approval because you do not have it, be sure to ask if you can bring it to him/her as soon as it arrives. if yes, make sure you get his/her direct contact, email, etc. so you can easily deliver the BC when it arrives.

My permanent resident card got delivered today along with my welcome letter :):). My status did not have the tracking information until today (after it got delivered). Thanks a lot to this forum for all the help!

Thank you guys for the info. All I can do is just wait and hope I wont get asked. I will keep you guys posted.. thank you all...

Finally my approval came last week while I was on vacation and today Welcome letter arrived in mail. Still waiting for a plastic.
Great thanks to Mom, Simon and anyone contributed to a spreadsheet!
I really appreciate help of it and forum members.

Hope other guys waiting here will get their CPO !

PS does anyone knows is welcome letter enough to go to SSA for SSN? Still have to file taxes for 2014 and want to fill in family's SSNs instead of filing for ITIN.

Finally my approval came last week while I was on vacation and today Welcome letter arrived in mail. Still waiting for a plastic.
Great thanks to Mom, Simon and anyone contributed to a spreadsheet!
I really appreciate help of it and forum members.

Hope other guys waiting here will get their CPO !

PS does anyone knows is welcome letter enough to go to SSA for SSN? Still have to file taxes for 2014 and want to fill in family's SSNs instead of filing for ITIN.

Congratulations. The WL will not be accepted in place of the GC to apply for the SSN.

Hi,

I would like to get your advice on my case (previous conversations included). My wife's background check has been pending for more 3 months. When we called USCIS customer service, they said we could write to the Field Office Chief of Staff to request help. My company lawyers say they send email requests to the Chief of Staff to ask about the case (to which they have not received any reply to date) and they advised me not to contact the Chief of Staff for help either by letter or in person through an INFOPASS claiming that it may have a negative consequence to the case. Please let me know your thoughts on reaching out to the Chief of Staff and whether this can help with the background check.

If she does not get her Green Card through this process I will apply for F2A visa for my wife.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

I would like to update on my case. I reached out to the local congressman's office and the person in charge of immigration issues was able to expedite the background security check for my wife. The process completed in 1 week and my wife recently received her green card. I would just like to add that for some cases the congressman's office can be very helpful in expediting security checks that have gone past a certain date. I would like to thank all of you for your posts related to my issue and also for the wealth of information on this site. Keep up the good work! I would be interested in uploading timing information related to my case. Please let me know how I can get that information uploaded.

Hey, I got the welcome letter in the mail today, my question is: I was an F1 student, does this mean that I don't have to be at school anymore, in other words can I stop going to school or I need to wait for the actual green card?

Hi,

I would like to update on my case. I reached out to the local congressman's office and the person in charge of immigration issues was able to expedite the background security check for my wife. The process completed in 1 week and my wife recently received her green card. I would just like to add that for some cases the congressman's office can be very helpful in expediting security checks that have gone past a certain date. I would like to thank all of you for your posts related to my issue and also for the wealth of information on this site. Keep up the good work! I would be interested in uploading timing information related to my case. Please let me know how I can get that information uploaded.

Awesome! Congratulations and thanks for coming back to fill us in on the update. Please fill the 2015 Timeline spreadsheet with your case info.

https://goo.gl/f975te

Last edited:
Hey, I got the welcome letter in the mail today, my question is: I was an F1 student, does this mean that I don't have to be at school anymore, in other words can I stop going to school or I need to wait for the actual green card?

Yes, it means your status is no longer F1. However, I would suggest you wait until you receive the actual GC before you drop out of school, if you wish. I also wouldn't recommend you simply drop out of school, you should visit your school's DSO with your GC in hand, once you get it, so that they can update your records. After that you can drop out of school, if you're no longer interested.

Yes, it means your status is no longer F1. However, I would suggest you wait until you receive the actual GC before you drop out of school, if you wish. I also wouldn't recommend you simply drop out of school, you should visit your school's DSO with your GC in hand, once you get it, so that they can update your records. After that you can drop out of school, if you're no longer interested.
Ok, thank you. I will probably wait until I receive the GC.
But do you think that something could happen and my case would change and I won't get a GC?

Ok, thank you. I will probably wait until I receive the GC.
But do you think that something could happen and my case would change and I won't get a GC?

Let's just say nothing is certain or guaranteed until the actual GC is received - that's how I like to think.

My physical green card arrived on Sept. 9th per the USCIS notification and the USPS delivery tracker. I only picked it up yesterday, but it's finally in my hands. I do wish I had known they'd use the picture from the biometrics appointment; I would have shaved at least. :oops: :)

Once again, thank you @Sm1smom and everyone else for your help - this is a dream come true and it probably wouldn't have happened without your help.

My physical green card arrived on Sept. 9th per the USCIS notification and the USPS delivery tracker. I only picked it up yesterday, but it's finally in my hands. I do wish I had known they'd use the picture from the biometrics appointment; I would have shaved at least. :oops: :)

Once again, thank you @Sm1smom and everyone else for your help - this is a dream come true and it probably wouldn't have happened without your help.

Congrats!! Likewise, my green card photo is probably the worst photo I think i've ever had taken (thought they would be using the photos I attached with my I-485 so I didn't pay much attention to how I looked when I went for my biometrics either...), but I feel like there are worse things :D