• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Thank you for the reply.
Do you know who set the date of the interview: local uscis office or "the big one"?
Does doing the biometerics earlier make the interview happen sooner?
In other words does passing biometric "triggers" the interview letter?

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.
Do you know who set the date of the interview: local uscis office or "the big one"?
Does doing the biometerics earlier make the interview happen sooner?
In other words does passing biometric "triggers" the interview letter?

Thank you.

Biometrics are scheduled by the NBC (National Benefits Center).

Doing the bio earlier than scheduled does not necessarily trigger off the IL nor make the interview happen earlier. But doing the bio earlier may end up being useful to someone who is likely to end up on AP due to background check issue - it gives them more time to carry out the additional checks that may be required.

Hello everyone,

I did my Bio scanning on the 07/15/2015. I still didn't get the interview letter. I am current in August. I called KCC today to check on my case. They said it will take 2-6 weeks to process the application after being requested (07/20/2015). I made a INFOPASS visit to the FO. The representative lady was kind, she asked me to write a letter to the supervisor to expedite the case, which I already did. I know i am being paranoid and impatient about the case since September is just round the corner. Please let me know anything else that I can do. I don't want to loose this chance.
Thank you so much.

I have the same concern, I just did my Bio today, I'll be current in September, I keep hearing about delays from the KCC, is there anything I can do now, or I should wait a little bit
Hello everyone,

I did my Bio scanning on the 07/15/2015. I still didn't get the interview letter. I am current in August. I called KCC today to check on my case. They said it will take 2-6 weeks to process the application after being requested (07/20/2015). I made a INFOPASS visit to the FO. The representative lady was kind, she asked me to write a letter to the supervisor to expedite the case, which I already did. I know i am being paranoid and impatient about the case since September is just round the corner. Please let me know anything else that I can do. I don't want to loose this chance.
Thank you so much.
have

Hi everyone,

Good news! I called KCC today and they said my case file will finally be sent to my FO tomorrow - this would be exactly one day shy of 6 weeks since my FO requested it. I have an infopass scheduled for next week but hopefully things will be resolved before then and there aren't any more issues (fingers crossed!)

To relay my own experience regarding this and calling KCC: I called roughly 15 times over this 6 week period (2-3 times a week), but was just told that my file was "processing" and given varying answers that all amounted to "I don't know when it'll be sent". In the end, I don't actually think the calls made any difference and probably only served to annoy some of the operators, which is never a great thing. It's probably still worthwhile calling at least once a week, but keep in mind that it seems unlikely that the operators have the power to do much, if anything, to speed along the process of getting the case file sent.

Best of luck again for everyone still waiting!

Hi everyone,

Good news! I called KCC today and they said my case file will finally be sent to my FO tomorrow - this would be exactly one day shy of 6 weeks since my FO requested it. I have an infopass scheduled for next week but hopefully things will be resolved before then and there aren't any more issues (fingers crossed!)

To relay my own experience regarding this and calling KCC: I called roughly 15 times over this 6 week period (2-3 times a week), but was just told that my file was "processing" and given varying answers that all amounted to "I don't know when it'll be sent". In the end, I don't actually think the calls made any difference and probably only served to annoy some of the operators, which is never a great thing. It's probably still worthwhile calling at least once a week, but keep in mind that it seems unlikely that the operators have the power to do much, if anything, to speed along the process of getting the case file sent.

Best of luck again for everyone still waiting!
Hi,
Finally a relief to you. Good news on the way for you.
Does anyone know if KCC actually mails the file or sends elcetronically? I remember reading somewhere in this forum that they send an actual physical file. But one of the operators told me its send electronically. Anyway, that 6 week mark is scary for me, that would put me in mid to end of septemeber that is if all goes well. I called yesterday, and got the same 2-4 weeks response.
Thanks!

Hi,
Finally a relief to you. Good news on the way for you.
Does anyone know if KCC actually mails the file or sends elcetronically? I remember reading somewhere in this forum that they send an actual physical file. But one of the operators told me its send electronically. Anyway, that 6 week mark is scary for me, that would put me in mid to end of septemeber that is if all goes well. I called yesterday, and got the same 2-4 weeks response.
Thanks!

I asked specifically how long it would take my FO to receive my case file and was told it would be sent through e-mail and should be instant.

I know in previous AOS threads people have mentioned that the case file is usually sent by regular mail. Perhaps they changed it to all digital this year, which is why things are taking longer as they are transitioning over?

There was something from KCC at some point stating that with the switch from paper to electronic DS forms, that files would now be sent electronically vs paper/mail before. I believe this applies to both AOS and CP.

There was something from KCC at some point stating that with the switch from paper to electronic DS forms, that files would now be sent electronically vs paper/mail before. I believe this applies to both AOS and CP.
I think so too. When my wife called KCC they said it takes 2 to 4 weeks to be received. When she asked what kind of extraordinary documents can take so long to be sent the lady answered that 4 weeks is possible but unusual and that anyway they also send an electronic version of the file so that the FO can start working on it sooner.

I think so too. When my wife called KCC they said it takes 2 to 4 weeks to be received. When she asked what kind of extraordinary documents can take so long to be sent the lady answered that 4 weeks is possible but unusual and that anyway they also send an electronic version of the file so that the FO can start working on it sooner.
Hey,
When I asked why does it take so long, the operator said they have to send it to another department first and then after that's done they send to the FO. Hopefully this unnecessary delay will be resolved for 2016 DV Aos people

On my interview letter where the required documentation is listed the box "Evidence of required education/work experience" is checked. I am surprised because I am not the principal applicant. My wife is the PA but they did not request it from her (her diplomas were included in the AOS package however) Can they really request a proof of education from me or is it a mistake ? To be on the safe side I will take my diplomas but they are all in French...

On my interview letter where the required documentation is listed the box "Evidence of required education/work experience" is checked. I am surprised because I am not the principal applicant. My wife is the PA but they did not request it from her (her diplomas were included in the AOS package however) Can they really request a proof of education from me or is it a mistake ? To be on the safe side I will take my diplomas but they are all in French...
Could be a mistake but better be safe. Have your documents translated and take them with you.

Update on our case: My FO finally received the file from KCC and we went to interview yesterday.

The IO said everything looks good but he could not approve us yet, because he is waiting on the Security Check. He mentioned both me and my wife's Security Check results did not come back. We were current in February 2015, sent I485 in February and did Bio in March. Is it possible for both security checks not to come back after so long? I am from Europe, my wife is from China. We have been married for over 10 years in the US.
The IO said they have to wait for the China government to cooperate and provide the security check results and it may not come back in time before the end of the fiscal year, because China is not an Ally of the United States. He could not explain why my security check did not come back and he said this was strange since my country is an US Ally and NATO member. Is this normal? I renewed my our visas/status many times before, both in the US and at Embassies and never had this issue. I am on E-2 visa.

He mentioned my wife's name is common, but shouldn't the name check be completed by now?

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-simon.321638/page-3#post-2352701

Is this really true that the security check results can be held up from China? Why would my results not come in, I'm not from China?
I am really worried.

Is there a way to find out what part of the security check the IO is waiting for? I could not get this information from the IO. We have never been arrested, and our backgrounds are not sensitive. Our fields are in retail trade and economics.

Most likely a mistake, derivatives are not required to provide/present educational or work experience evidence.

Update on our case: My FO finally received the file from KCC and we went to interview yesterday.

The IO said everything looks good but he could not approve us yet, because he is waiting on the Security Check. He mentioned both me and my wife's Security Check results did not come back. We were current in February 2015, sent I485 in February and did Bio in March. Is it possible for both security checks not to come back after so long? I am from Europe, my wife is from China. We have been married for over 10 years in the US.
The IO said they have to wait for the China government to cooperate and provide the security check results and it may not come back in time before the end of the fiscal year, because China is not an Ally of the United States. He could not explain why my security check did not come back and he said this was strange since my country is an US Ally and NATO member. Is this normal? I renewed my our visas/status many times before, both in the US and at Embassies and never had this issue. I am on E-2 visa.

He mentioned my wife's name is common, but shouldn't the name check be completed by now?

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-simon.321638/page-3#post-2352701

Is this really true that the security check results can be held up from China? Why would my results not come in, I'm not from China?
I am really worried.

Is there a way to find out what part of the security check the IO is waiting for? I could not get this information from the IO. We have never been arrested, and our backgrounds are not sensitive. Our fields are in retail trade and economics.

So sorry to read of the run-around treatment you're getting from your FO. Their explanation regarding the wait on the Chinese government for background check clearance isn't making any sense to me. You may want to give them a week, following which you seek help from your congress person? Good luck!

Hello everyone.
I found this forum very helpful and thanks to it I understand better many issues related to aos process. However, I need a little help.

I had my interview 12th of August in NY, which went well. The IO said that "everything looks good and your card should arrive within a month." He also wrote something in my passport, but I still didn't get an update on my case. Should I worry or be patient? Any advice? Thanks.

Hello everyone.
I found this forum very helpful and thanks to it I understand better many issues related to aos process. However, I need a little help.

I had my interview 12th of August in NY, which went well. The IO said that "everything looks good and your card should arrive within a month." He also wrote something in my passport, but I still didn't get an update on my case. Should I worry or be patient? Any advice? Thanks.

You should be patient.

So sorry to read of the run-around treatment you're getting from your FO. Their explanation regarding the wait on the Chinese government for background check clearance isn't making any sense to me. You may want to give them a week, following which you seek help from your congress person? Good luck!

Do you know if the FO should receive the security check results electronically or by hard copy?
And since we both have different I485 case numbers, shouldn't the security check results come in separately? How could both results be still not in after 6+ months?
Maybe my FO did not know how to receive the result? Is there anywhere I can check if the results were in fact requested and/or received by my FO?

Last edited:
Do you know if the FO should receive the security check results electronically or by hard copy?
And since we both have different I485 case numbers, shouldn't the security check results come in separately? How could both results be still not in after 6+ months?
Maybe my FO did not know how to receive the result? Is there anywhere I can check if the results were in fact requested and/or received by my FO?

I believe the results are automatically sent in electronically to the FOs upon background check completion. The FOs do not need to make a request for it. And I don't think the delay you're experiencing is traceable to your FO not knowing how to request/receive background check results. All the FOs routinely receive background check results for different types of AOS, naturalization, GC replacement, and other types of petitions requiring background checks before approval. Which is your FO by the way?

It's not unusual for one to get stuck on background check for 6+ months or years, but I do admit it's a bit unusual for both of you, while not from the same country, to both be stuck with pending background check result. Who is the PA in your case?

In the past, it used to be possible to call the FBI directly to find out the status of one's background check. Unfortunately, they stopped giving out that information a couple of years ago. You can call the USCIS 1800 number though, and politely request to speak with a level 2 officer - you will need to be diplomatic with this request as the front line rep are often reluctant to make the connection/transfer. When you get the IO on the line, you can ask him/her for the status of your background check just to confirm if this person will say the same thing the IO that interviewed you said about your background checks.