• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello everyone,
I and my husband finally got our Green Cards. I have few other questions now. Does my husbands employer has to withdraw his H1? Do I have to revoke my ITIN? I am going to apply for SSN, does my husband need to get a new card for SSN as his current one is restricted. Thanks in advance.

My case number is up already for September I already paid the dv fee and got the receipt and went to uscis to get the other forms (I-485,I-131,I-765) so on I-485 at part 2 I don't quite know which status should apply and the approvals. Do you have any ideas ?
Thanks

My case number is up already for September I already paid the dv fee and got the receipt and went to uscis to get the other forms (I-485,I-131,I-765) so on I-485 at part 2 I don't quite know which status should apply and the approvals. Do you have any ideas ?
Thanks

Wow. You are extremely late in submitting your papers. Stay online until Mom comes back to answer your questions. In reality everything you need to know is on the spreadsheet linked from the first post in this thread, but honestly - you are going to need to sit down and submit your papers in the next couple of days, otherwise you won't have time to get this processed!

Thanks
your current USCIS states is F1
You should select letter (h) other, and write down "Diversity Visa Lottery selectee"
thats what i did

Thank you so much guys I really appreciate it and I also have 1 more question at part 1 what am I gonna write for current uscis status (I'm here with f1 visa it's expired but I have i-20) and the expires on what do I write here ?? If I write the expiration of my visa should send a copy of my I-20 with that ??

Levo, have you done the medical exam (form I-693) ? If not you should do it asap because the process takes several days. No need to fill form I-131 or I-765 they probably won't be processed by USCIS before the end of september anyway.

Hi Karim thanks for letting me know that but uscis told me first I need to get done these forms and then they'll ask for it

By the way for expires on , if I'm gonna write my I-94 expiration the thing is that I don't have the expiration date of my I-94

Thanks

Like Simon said, you're extremely late and I'm not really sure you will be able to complete this process before the end of the FY, but go ahead and give it a shot if you like.

There was no need to visit USCIS for those forms, they're all readily available online.

Regarding the part 2 question, that should be option H and you need to write 'DIversity Visa Selectee. Notification Letter attached'

Hello everyone,
I and my husband finally got our Green Cards. I have few other questions now. Does my husbands employer has to withdraw his H1? Do I have to revoke my ITIN? I am going to apply for SSN, does my husband need to get a new card for SSN as his current one is restricted. Thanks in advance.
He can get a new card if he wants to...would be simpler going forward since the restriction no longer applies. My husband and I went to the Social Security office and told them we needed to update our statuses. It was quick and they ordered us new SS cards without the restriction. Congrats on receiving your cards by the way. Free at last! LOL

Thank you so much guys I really appreciate it and I also have 1 more question at part 1 what am I gonna write for current uscis status (I'm here with f1 visa it's expired but I have i-20) and the expires on what do I write here ?? If I write the expiration of my visa should send a copy of my I-20 with that ??

Current Status: F1
Expires on: put either the date stamped on your visa when you came into the U.S. (mind you, not the expiration date listed on the visa itself) or the date on your I-20 - whichever is the latest date.

Hi Karim thanks for letting me know that but uscis told me first I need to get done these forms and then they'll ask for it

What? You've not done the medical exam? You can't send in your AOS package without the medical form.

I'm gonna go to uscis office and make sure that wheater I should send the medical form or not
My advice is not to waste your time with unnecessary trips to USCIS when you have a forum full of people who have successfully gone through the process and are willing to guide you. The key person in getting us through it has been MOM (@Sm1smom). @Britsimon is also right up there. So your best bet right now is to listen to them and work with them to get the best possible advice on how to fastrack your file and hopefully complete it before Sept 30. Forget what you were told, their advice is the real deal. So work with Mom as fast as you can to get your process going. Instead of traveling to USCIS, you might want to get your medicals done ASAP. Good luck, I hope you make it.

Last edited:
Thanks again. Yes I'll follow up with you guys and send all the documents at one shot I'm sure I can send them before sep30 and I can have the interview after sep30 right ? And also just to recap can anybody please tell me all the forms that I need to send to Chicago including the medical form... Also diversity lottery selectee notification letter is the one that we first learnt we have been selected right ?

Thanks again. Yes I'll follow up with you guys and send all the documents at one shot I'm sure I can send them before sep30 and I can have the interview after sep30 right ? And also just to recap can anybody please tell me all the forms that I need to send to Chicago including the medical form... Also diversity lottery selectee notification letter is the one that we first learnt we have been selected right ?
No you cannot be interviewed after September 30th for the 2015DV program. It ends on Sept 30th, and by law no green card can be approved for DV 2015 after that date. Hence the urgency of your case. You need to have completed the entire process in 5 weeks from now or else you lose your chance at this green card. You understand? and the process can be lengthy, that is why @Sm1smom and @Britsimon expressed concern.
Take the time to review the first post on this thread so you can understand the process. There is an excel sheet attached to the first post that lists all the documents to include as well as steps to follow. As it is so late in the game, you want to make sure you do not make mistakes that will cause your file to be mailed back to you, so pay close attention to that excel sheet and get medicals and everything done ASAP.

And yes, DV selectee letter is the first one you got informing you of your selection. Did you receive another letter after filing your DS-260? If yes you would need to include it to the AOS package to Chicago as well.

Last edited: