• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Haha, that's high praise - now all I need is my CPO and I'll be fulfilled in life :)

Edit: but please don't retire!! I feel like the number of successful AOS petitions would plummet!

I'm sure the world wouldn't come crashing down if I do :p but I'm still hanging around for now anyways ;)

It's good to have the 2NL, however, not having it hasn't been known to be a show spoiler AFAIK. We've had reports a few IOs have requested to see it in the past, I do know that failure to present it cannot lead to a denial, as we also have documented cases of people who got approved without it. So go ahead and send your package.
Thank you Sm1smom! I appreciate your help.

Hello @Sm1smom ,
I got today my interview letter, did info pass on april twenieth something... :) Apperantly it nudged it I guess. Just wanted to let you know.
thanks

Hi,
Where do I get this? I-797 Notice of Action – Indicating Current Visa Status (If applicable) - Photocopy Only ?
Thanks!

HI, so the visa bulleting for June is out. I am AS 66** but the cut off for July is Asia 6850 except Nepal:6475. Is this the final cutoff? What do you think? Should I wait or is there something I can do?
Thanks

AFAIK, everyone must do the bio. For AOSers, the background check cannot take place without a completed biometric which means the AOS petition cannot be approved. As to the information regarding being in line to be scheduled for an interview, it's the first time I'm seeing that. Probably a newly instituted process, nonetheless I see no reason why they would skip the bio.
They didn't skip the bio. I guess they just don't post that on the site.. I'm having my bio on the 22nd.

Hi,
Where do I get this? I-797 Notice of Action – Indicating Current Visa Status (If applicable) - Photocopy Only ?
Thanks!
If you read the instructions on the actual form i485 (page 5, right column, somewhere round the middle), you will see that you only need it if you're filing i-765 and/or i-131 separately, so you will not have that form. I actually had sent the one I had from my OPT, but I knew then and I know now that it was just extra.

Hi,
Thanks!

If you haven't previously sought an immigration benefit from USCIS since coming to the U.S., you wouldn't have an I-797 which makes it not applicable to you.

They didn't skip the bio. I guess they just don't post that on the site.. I'm having my bio on the 22nd.

Have always known the bio cannot be skipped, just link I posted earlier. Nonetheless, thanks for the confirmation, and glad to know you got your bio notification.

If you read the instructions on the actual form i485 (page 5, right column, somewhere round the middle), you will see that you only need it if you're filing i-765 and/or i-131 separately, so you will not have that form. I actually had sent the one I had from my OPT, but I knew then and I know now that it was just extra.

When we listed the I-797 on the spreadsheet, it wasn't to address the issue of if filing an I-765 and/or an I-131 separately from the I-485. It was and still is intended to address the issue of current visa status.

There are people who have undergone one form of COS or the other previously, the I-797 tells their story and is the proof of their current visa status hence the need to include it. The visa status in which they originally entered the U.S. is no longer valid, even though they still have to include a copy of that visa with their package.

I'm going to a great length to explain all these for the benefit of others who may be wondering about the need for it, especially an F1 visa holder currently on OPT. Since such a person is technically no longer in F1 visa status, there's a need to include the I-797 (regardless of if applying for an I-765/I131 separately from the I-485 or not), so that the IO can have evidence of your current visa status prior to your interview.

HI, so the visa bulleting for June is out. I am AS 66** but the cut off for July is Asia 6850 except Nepal:6475. Is this the final cutoff? What do you think? Should I wait or is there something I can do?
Thanks

I don't expect this to be the final cutoff for Nepal. There are two bulletins left, I expect the cut off for both Nepal and the ROA to still go up.

If you're not from Nepal, with AS66xx, your number is current, you can go ahead and file. However, if you're from Nepal, then you still have to wait for the next VB, there's nothing you can do.

I don't expect this to be the final cutoff for Nepal. There are two bulletins left, I expect the cut off for both Nepal and the ROA to still go up.

If you're not from Nepal, with AS66xx, your number is current, you can go ahead and file. However, if you're from Nepal, then you still have to wait for the next VB, there's nothing you can do.
Thanks

Hi Simon,

first of all thanks for a spreadsheet - that's awesome!
I have a question: we had an interview on April 30th with number current in April. Everything was fine and IO was ready to approve but system from DoS granting visa numbers was saying disapproved for some reason.
He promised to try hard the same day as he don't like cases on his table being for long :) And our office is not very heavily loaded like NY or CA ones.
But still no CPO notice/status update.

What shall we do - how much should we wait?

as I shared you before , I submitted ds-260 since June 2014 and didn't get the adjust notification letter BUT finally I GOT IT. And here is the story. It never go to the junk or spam mail but it was typing mistake. Phone calls is better than the email when you contact them.

For those who are in same problem or have a question mark!
I called them several times and finally I found someone to help me and he told me that they have a mistake in the email and they sent it to a wrong email address which one letter diffrent than my email address, they apologized specially when they insured the wright one is the same I wrote in the ds-260, they made the correction and sent it to the right email address, and you are right it is dated in September 2014. Praise God

Last edited:
I'm current for July interview, AOS, it's notification email I had to recieve after I submitted the ds-260, it's not the interview letter.

Next days I will send the AOS file to Chicago.

Hi Simon,

first of all thanks for a spreadsheet - that's awesome!
I have a question: we had an interview on April 30th with number current in April. Everything was fine and IO was ready to approve but system from DoS granting visa numbers was saying disapproved for some reason.
He promised to try hard the same day as he don't like cases on his table being for long :) And our office is not very heavily loaded like NY or CA ones.
But still no CPO notice/status update.

What shall we do - how much should we wait?

Give them till the end of next week, and if there's still no news, schedule an INFOPASS.

I am current for July. My DS 260 was completed long time ago. When I filled the form, highest level of education was BS. Now I have MS. Should I worry to get it unlocked and change it to MS or would they just overlook it since I just need High School to be qualified? Will unlocking DS260 delay my interview?

TIA