• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I am current for July. My DS 260 was completed long time ago. When I filled the form, highest level of education was BS. Now I have MS. Should I worry to get it unlocked and change it to MS or would they just overlook it since I just need High School to be qualified? Will unlocking DS260 delay my interview?

TIA

Will go ahead and answer this but you need to post subsequent questions on the appropriate Thread. This Thread is for questions related to AOS only.

To answer your question, there's no need to unlock the form for that. The most important qualification required is the HS completion. Of course nothing wrong with taking evidence of your BS and Ms along to the interview.

Is the ds-260 confirmation page should be send rothe file to Chicago?

We have a lot of paper to send, as 4 members with the main applicant, is there any advise how to organize each file? Is it make confusion to send both copies from the old and new passport because the first visa in the old passport or only the page which I clouds the visa and then the new passport?

We usually have 3 I-20 each one of us one before and one after thd the extention apprpval, should includes all of them or only the one activated at SEVES after the visa extended?
Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Hello Mom
Thank you for your helpful answers and spreadsheet. I am winner with CN of AS80XX, and student in the US (F-1 visa). I have three questions:

1-For taking advantage of early filing, I decide to pay DV fee, and complete physical tests next week. It is risky and costs me ( my wife and me) $1000. Is that good decision, or you think I should wait till my CN becomes current?

2-I am PhD student, and my contract mentions that"Your initial appointment will start on August 24th, 2015 and will end on May 13th, 2016 at a monthly stipend of $1600.00." Do you think still I have to ask my Uncle to fill out I-134 form?

3-I have moved to new state to start my program for about a month. Is there any requirement on minimum days to be accepted by local USCIS?

Is the ds-260 confirmation page should be send rothe file to Chicago?

We have a lot of paper to send, as 4 members with the main applicant, is there any advise how to organize each file? Is it make confusion to send both copies from the old and new passport because the first visa in the old passport or only the page which I clouds the visa and then the new passport?

We usually have 3 I-20 each one of us one before and one after thd the extention apprpval, should includes all of them or only the one activated at SEVES after the visa extended?
Thanks for your help

DS-260 confirmation page not required with the package.

For the old passport, only the pages with your bio data and the U.S. visa. For the new passport, only the pages with bio data.

Either way is fine, but I would recommend including copies of all 3

Thanks Mom for your advise, so do you suggest to write on the top (old passport& new passport) and clips them together each one his invelop ? Is there anything explain how to organize the paper specialy for 4 members?

Is the payment be one check for each person is better?
Question; we are visiting a clinic and dental for some times for those who have low income or uninsurraced people, is it make problem in our paper? We paid small amount like 10 or $20 every time.
Many thanks for your advise

Last edited:
Thanks Mom for your advise, so do you suggest to write on the top (old passport& new passport) and clips them together each one his invelop ? Is there anything explain how to organize the paper specialy for 4 members?

Question; we are visiting a clinic and dental for some times for those who have low income or uninsurraced people, is it make problem in our paper? We paid small amount like 10 or $20 every time.

Yes, you can write "Expired" on top of the old passport and clip it together with the new one for each person. Do not use staple clips, paper clip is okay. Each person's application together with the supporting documents should be put together separately as a pack. So you will have 4 packets: father, mother, kid 1, kid 2. Go through the following link for additional filing tips from USCIS:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-an...ons-and-applications-national-benefits-center

It's better to separate the payments, one check for each person attached to each package.
No, it shouldn't be an issue.

Omg... I am APPROVED!!!

My interview at the Los Angeles FO went smoothly, I walked into the building about 45 mins in advance and was called in my IO's office maybe ten minutes before my actual appointment time.
Then I think the whole interview lasted about 10-15 minutes and at the end of it the officer told me she is requesting a visa for me and my case would be approved!
...And another maybe 20 mins later I received the CPO notification on both my e-mail and text!

I still cannot believe it and I am extremely thankful for this forum and the amazing people who helped me out. I basically owe the completeness of my application, knowledge of the process and preparedness for the interview all to you. Thank you thank you thank you!!! A little extra thanks to Mom :)

Some different ways you can put your package together:

100603d1306401764-how-i-assembled-my-aos-packet-incl-photos-my-timeline-all_forms_scaled.jpg

100602d1306401764-how-i-assembled-my-aos-packet-incl-photos-my-timeline-assembled_packet_and_labels_scaled.jpg

Omg... I am APPROVED!!!

My interview at the Los Angeles FO went smoothly, I walked into the building about 45 mins in advance and was called in my IO's office maybe ten minutes before my actual appointment time.
Then I think the whole interview lasted about 10-15 minutes and at the end of it the officer told me she is requesting a visa for me and my case would be approved!
...And another maybe 20 mins later I received the CPO notification on both my e-mail and text!

I still cannot believe it and I am extremely thankful for this forum and the amazing people who helped me out. I basically owe the completeness of my application, knowledge of the process and preparedness for the interview all to you. Thank you thank you thank you!!! A little extra thanks to Mom :)

Awesome! Congratulations ;)

Omg... I am APPROVED!!!

Congrats!!! I am also gonna have my interview @ the LA office next month. Just wondering what kind of questions did the IO ask you? Thanks!

Congrats!!! I am also gonna have my interview @ the LA office next month. Just wondering what kind of questions did the IO ask you? Thanks!

Thank you :)

The officer asked me lots of questions about my hair at first LOL other than that she went over 5-6 questions from the application, the standard ones like have you ever been arrested and so on, she asked why I picked my current college (I am on a F1 visa), last entrance in the US and what status did I originally enter the US in. I believe that is pretty much it.

The documents she asked to see were HS diploma, birth certificate, California ID, passport, DV selection letter (even though I had attached it to my application), DV Fee Receipt, I-20, transcripts and enrollment verification letter. I think that's it

Yes, you can write "Expired" on top of the old passport and clip it together with the new one for each person. Do not use staple clips, paper clip is okay. Each person's application together with the supporting documents should be put together separately as a pack. So you will have 4 packets: father, mother, kid 1, kid 2. Go through the following link for additional filing tips from USCIS:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-an...ons-and-applications-national-benefits-center

It's better to separate the payments, one check for each person attached to each package.
No, it shouldn't be an issue.
You are awesome, that's really helpfull
God bless you.

Hi,

I totally forgot to update the status. A couple of weeks ago we got our green cards in the mail:). We are very excited about our new status even the picture on the card look hideous.

Anyway I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all for the help on this long journey. I hope this forum does help others as it did help us.

Thank you all.

Hi Mom
I am winner with CN of AS80XX, and student in the US (F-1 visa). I have three questions:
1-For taking advantage of early filing, I decide to pay DV fee, and complete physical tests next week. It is risky and costs me ( my wife and me) $1000. Is that good decision, or you think I should wait till my CN becomes current?

2-I am PhD student, and my contract mentions that"Your initial appointment will start on August 24th, 2015 and will end on May 13th, 2016 at a monthly stipend of $1600.00." Do you think still I have to ask my Uncle to fill out I-134 form?

3-I have moved to new state to start my program for about a month. Is there any requirement on minimum days to be accepted by local USCIS?

Hi Mom
I am winner with CN of AS80XX, and student in the US (F-1 visa). I have three questions:

Oh goosh! Looks like we're beginning to slack off here, ehy? Sorry we didn't get to respond to your post before :) so I'm going to respond right away:

1. Waiting until your CN becomes current may seem like the prudent thing to do, but when working against the clock, there's always the need to bite the bullet. So if I was in your shoes, I would have taken the gamble and done the same thing you're planning on doing.

2. Considering the fact that the stated income/stipend is for less than 1 year, I would strongly encourage getting the I-134 filled by your uncle.

3. Nope, no minimum requirement with regards to AOS - only applicable when filing for citizenship. So your new address is fine for filing.