• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Nothing wrong with keeping your fingers crossed and hoping the IL gets sent shortly.

As for how the file is requested from KCC, I don't know. And I think you're beginning to over think the process. The most important thing is for the file to be requested, as to the exact wording/format of the request, I really don't think that's something we need to be stressing over.

You are right, I don't even know why I wanted to know this detail, other than I just wanted to know lol. I think after reading all the horror stories about how NYC FO operates I am just thinking of every situation that could cause things to go wrong and ultimately..I need to calm down.

You can go ahead and schedule the INFOPASS appointment, the outcome can't be worse than where you currently are.

Could you Mom or someone else who has time explain me why may I make appointment even before getting IL? Would it be appointment for the interview?

Hi to all i am dv 2015 selected and doing aos in washington dc area i ahve pretty low number 5xxx . I have submit all aplications on september 2014 and i went on finger print on oct i received ead combo card . i have been waiting to be called for an interview after finger print it has been 4 months . Do you have any idea when i will go to interview ?

Hi to all i am dv 2015 selected and doing aos in washington dc area i ahve pretty low number 5xxx . I have submit all aplications on september 2014 and i went on finger print on oct i received ead combo card . i have been waiting to be called for an interview after finger print it has been 4 months . Do you have any idea when i will go to interview ?

Glad you found the forum..if you go to the first page you will find the AOS spreadsheet that has timelines for this year and prior years - you can check those in the same area as you how long did it take to process theirs to get an idea of how long you can expect your application to take..as I mentioned on the other post, since it has been 3 months after the fingerprinting, it would probably be a good idea to go for an Infopass appointment at your field office to find out what is the hold up with your case - if you read a few posts before this on the previous pages @Britsimon has posted a very helpful list of questions that you can kind of go through at the appt and then lead from there based on what they tell you.

Hey
I had my interview today ... I think if went good but not really sure and my status has not yet being updated . The IO didn't check any of my documents but gave me a letter saying that he recommended to approve but when I asked him if he's requested for a visa number he said that he can only do it after approving it. But told me 99% he'll request it tomorrow ... Is that went my staus update on the uscis website ... The io was very nice

Hello everyone,
Unfortunately I did not receive any update on my case even after USCIS confirmed that they received my electronic file from KCC on January 20th. It has been about 14 days since KCC sent our files to the FO but they did not approve our case. I did my interview on Dec 8th and it has been a very long time to be patient and wait. They have confirmed it to our attorney that they have received the file. I am going to an inforpass tomorrow to see what is going on. I hope that their answer will not be something like it is being processed. Do you have any suggestions for us to know what should we ask exactly and how should we state the issue with them to get some actual answer? Thank you in advance for your help :)

Could you Mom or someone else who has time explain me why may I make appointment even before getting IL? Would it be appointment for the interview?

You don't know the purpose of the INFOPASS and you've been asking a couple of times about scheduling one? Anyway, an INFOPASS is not an interview appointment (although it is possible for the GC interview to take place when one shows up for the appointment - doesn't happen all the time), the INFOPASS is an opportunity to further bring your case to your FO's attention and to find out what's delaying the interview. You should scroll back a couple of pages to read about other people's INFOPASS experience and to also find the list of possible questions one could ask at an INFOPASS that @Britsimon posted.

Hey
I had my interview today ... I think if went good but not really sure and my status has not yet being updated . The IO didn't check any of my documents but gave me a letter saying that he recommended to approve but when I asked him if he's requested for a visa number he said that he can only do it after approving it. But told me 99% he'll request it tomorrow ... Is that went my staus update on the uscis website ... The io was very nice

Congratulations on coming this far. While some people may get an update immediately following their interview indicating they've been approved, others have to wait a day or two (or more) for this approval to take place. The online status changes once the IO approves the petition, so hang in there, you're almost through.

Hello everyone,
Unfortunately I did not receive any update on my case even after USCIS confirmed that they received my electronic file from KCC on January 20th. It has been about 14 days since KCC sent our files to the FO but they did not approve our case. I did my interview on Dec 8th and it has been a very long time to be patient and wait. They have confirmed it to our attorney that they have received the file. I am going to an inforpass tomorrow to see what is going on. I hope that their answer will not be something like it is being processed. Do you have any suggestions for us to know what should we ask exactly and how should we state the issue with them to get some actual answer? Thank you in advance for your help :)

Just state your case exactly like you've stated here. Ask them to confirm if your case file has been received and let them know that KCC told you the file had been sent to them. Also ask what the status of your background check is as that could sometimes delay the final approval if one hasn't cleared the background check. You can ask if there's a direct number for your IO (or for anybody at the FO) that you can use to follow up on your case with if they say it's yet to be approved - they most likely will tell you to call the 1-800 number, but it's worth asking.

Good luck!

You don't know the purpose of the INFOPASS and you've been asking a couple of times about scheduling one? Anyway, an INFOPASS is not an interview appointment (although it is possible for the GC interview to take place when one shows up for the appointment - doesn't happen all the time), the INFOPASS is an opportunity to further bring your case to your FO's attention and to find out what's delaying the interview. You should scroll back a couple of pages to read about other people's INFOPASS experience and to also find the list of possible questions one could ask at an INFOPASS that @Britsimon posted.

Thank you!

I read the previous posts and figured out what INFOPASS is and I just would like to get your recommendation - if my file was requested by FO on January 28th what is the best day to make an appointment through INFOPASS on?

Just state your case exactly like you've stated here. Ask them to confirm if your case file has been received and let them know that KCC told you the file had been sent to them. Also ask what the status of your background check is as that could sometimes delay the final approval if one hasn't cleared the background check. You can ask if there's a direct number for your IO (or for anybody at the FO) that you can use to follow up on your case with if they say it's yet to be approved - they most likely will tell you to call the 1-800 number, but it's worth asking.

Good luck!
Thank you Sm1smom :) I am heading to my FO for tomorrow's appointment. Figures crossed for something good to happen.

Thank you!

I read the previous posts and figured out what INFOPASS is and I just would like to get your recommendation - if my file was requested by FO on January 28th what is the best day to make an appointment through INFOPASS on?

There's really no best day/time to schedule an INFOPASS. You can schedule it today, and if your IL shows up before your selected appointment date, you just go back online and cancel the INFOPASS.

There's really no best day/time to schedule an INFOPASS. You can schedule it today, and if your IL shows up before your selected appointment date, you just go back online and cancel the INFOPASS.

I mean is it not too early to make an appointment, let`s say this week? I got from this forum some people waited for months before making appointments.
Thank you!

I mean is it not too early to make an appointment, let`s say this week? I got from this forum some people waited for months before making appointments.
Thank you!

Go ahead and make the appointment if there's still no IL by the end of the week.

The memo spells out the guidance that the FOs should balance their workload to make sure all cases get processed before the end of the year - but also gives examples of allowing the early submission before the beginning of the year. There is nothing that says all DV cases have to be adjudicated in some specific shorter timeframe but the inference is clear and the reality is normally that DV cases are faster. Given that you are not about to sunset you cannot complain too loudly that they are not following the guidance. And in the same way the delay isn't really a problem. So - you have to decide how much fuss you want to make when the delay is not really an issue, more an annoyance.

So - have the infopass. Use the checklist approach and if all the things are ready you can ask what they are waiting for...
I had my infopass today. I think the IO wanted to be helpful even though he couldn't (or didn't want to) answer my questions. I feel like the appointment still made sense as it was a friendly nudge to them but I wanted to share to see what you guys think.

I told him I would like to know if they received my KCC file and the background check was done. KCC told me they had sent the file over Dec 24th. The IO asked for the notice of actions for the receipt and for the biometrics. Then he said he couldn't see the DS260 and the background check in the system. He was clicking around on his computer then he asked me if I had received any kind of communication since the biometrics. I said no. He was clicking around again, then he said he needs to check something with his supervisor. He was talking to him for about five minutes then he came back. He said he couldn't see the KCC info either and he couldn't tell me about the background check. He said he wanted to try something. I asked him what he meant by communication, was it the interview? He said yes. I asked him if he could print out the interview letter but he said no. (probably it was too much but I tried) Then he printed out something and went to talk to his supervisor again for another 5 minutes. Then he came back, we had some small talk about the Super Bowl, and then he said he was going to give me the time frame. He said: they think everything was fine on their side and I just have to wait. If I have a question to the KCC I have to call the DOS. He also said if I don't receive any communication by the first week of March make an infopass appointment and look for him, he would be here (he gave me his name). Then he said congratulations for winning the green card(?!?), which I was not expecting. I said thank you, you were helpful and have a nice day.

For some reason this "if you don't receive anything by the first week of March" sounded promising. I hope he was pushing his supervisor to have the IL sent out.

Did you try to raise a request via this method? Did they respond with anything helpful?
I did not. It says only use it if you are over six months. But I tried to call the 800 number and asked for the second level of customer service. However, that wasn't any help as they just read whatever you can see online... But others used it as I remember...

If you read back through the pages you will see the lengthy discussion that took place on this matter. Most of us have submitted the DS 260 but some seem to think it is not necessary. I personally disagree and think it is important since IOs request to have it at the interview and prior to approving cases. But do spend time reading back and you will see all the advice given on this matter.

Do you remember back in January, around the 20th I believe, when you where trying to get me into a prolonged back and forth as to the need for submitting the form since it wasn't listed on any official website?:

Why do I need to submit the form DS-260 if I am already in the US??? I haven`t found any information about that on the official web site for AOS. May be a missed anything.

I told you to scroll back a couple of pages to see the discussion that had already taken place with regards to the DS form. It's obvious you never bothered to check and now you're panicking and asking me again if it's really necessary! I honestly can't help people who will not bother to do as told.

I had my infopass today. I think the IO wanted to be helpful even though he couldn't (or didn't want to) answer my questions. I feel like the appointment still made sense as it was a friendly nudge to them but I wanted to share to see what you guys think.

I told him I would like to know if they received my KCC file and the background check was done. KCC told me they had sent the file over Dec 24th. The IO asked for the notice of actions for the receipt and for the biometrics. Then he said he couldn't see the DS260 and the background check in the system. He was clicking around on his computer then he asked me if I had received any kind of communication since the biometrics. I said no. He was clicking around again, then he said he needs to check something with his supervisor. He was talking to him for about five minutes then he came back. He said he couldn't see the KCC info either and he couldn't tell me about the background check. He said he wanted to try something. I asked him what he meant by communication, was it the interview? He said yes. I asked him if he could print out the interview letter but he said no. (probably it was too much but I tried) Then he printed out something and went to talk to his supervisor again for another 5 minutes. Then he came back, we had some small talk about the Super Bowl, and then he said he was going to give me the time frame. He said: they think everything was fine on their side and I just have to wait. If I have a question to the KCC I have to call the DOS. He also said if I don't receive any communication by the first week of March make an infopass appointment and look for him, he would be here (he gave me his name). Then he said congratulations for winning the green card(?!?), which I was not expecting. I said thank you, you were helpful and have a nice day.

For some reason this "if you don't receive anything by the first week of March" sounded promising. I hope he was pushing his supervisor to have the IL sent out.

After reading your post it seems like it went well and hopefully your IL turns up soon..although I couldn't help but notice there were many similarities between your infopass and mine..not sure if that's good or bad? I'm hoping that's it's good. I was also told to wait 30 days and he did the similar actions like checking then walking away to speak to supervisor then coming back and checking more.

Then again what else can they do lol. Anyways overalls sounds like it went well and the "congrats you won the GC" might even be a hint that you will be approved soon too :)